• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what are you listening too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyC

did not know Frusciante had a new one coming out. Gonna check that circa...now.

Also playing:

Metric - Old World Underground, Where Are You Now?
The Polyphonic Spree - Together We're Heavy
Error - Error
The Flaming Lips
Built To Spill
Franz
Wilco
Prick (go shoplifter go)

element

RATATAT and they rock cant wait till thier remix cd is out.
WOOHOO!! It is a great CD.
Right now? Ben Kweller's Sha Sha.
awesome, more people enjoy Ben's work.

As for me.

RATATAT - awesome for just having running while surfing and stuff
The Von Bondies - Reminds me of Elastica, fun to listen too

type9

Lots of Beatles covers actually. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm trying to make a mix cd and alot of the covers are awful.

DeadStar said:
B00021LPOC.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I think this might be theire best album, christ its good

Wow. Damn. I think it probably is their best album. I loved 1977, and especially Free All Angels, but this album is superb. More consistant in the rawk.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
type9 said:
Lots of Beatles covers actually. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm trying to make a mix cd and alot of the covers are awful.

Soundgarden! :D

Dead

well not really...yet
Error Macro said:
Wow. Damn. I think it probably is their best album. I loved 1977, and especially [/i]Free All Angels[/i], but this album is superb. More consistant in the rawk.
Shit, definately I love all theire albums, but like you said every single song on here is consistently awesome, any of them would make great singles too. Im definately surprised at just how good this album turned out (not that I didnt think it would be good or anything)

type9

RedMaiden said:
Soundgarden! :D

Ok, what did they cover? I'm not really a fan but I'll check it out. Here are the covers that I like:

Bjork - The Fool On The Hill
Overton Berry Trio - Hey Jude
Pop-off Tuesday - Looked Through You in Mexico
Ramsey Lewis - Cry Baby Cry
Snoopy's Beatles - Here Comes The Sun
The Gentle Rain - While My Guitar Gently Weeps

I gotta continue the RATATAT love, they're so fucking awesome, it's like they're performing my favorite early 90s S3Ms live in my face ... or something.

I'm also listening to a Japanese artist named Aya ( 亜矢 ) who's really dark and grungey and awesome. Also the new Hajime Chitose, new Bump of Chicken, new Gift of Gab, new m-flo.

P.S. TV on the Radio
P.P.S. Eurovision 2004 winner "Wild Dances" is the best thing to ever come out of the Ukraine!!

DarkAngyl

Dream Theater-Train of Thought -teh hotness. This album just out and out rocks.

EdGuy-HellFire Club Really good if you like Euro-metal. Some of they lyrics are a little goofy, but overall this album kicks.

Queensryche-Tribes -Best QR album since Promise Land . A worthy purchase for Ryche fans. Still not up to Mindcrime standards, but a good album overall.

Mason

type9 said:

OMG, the Pixies cover of Wild Honey Pie is the best Beatles cover ever.

BTW, I got the advance of the new Sparta and Talib Kweli. I've never even heard Sparta but I hear their name thrown around enough to give this a listen. And Talib Kweli, he's good.

element

Agent Dormer said:
Yeah, I really enjoyed the first CD, but I haven't picked up the second yet. How is it?
it is pretty good. some strong songs on their, but a little raw for my taste. Songs were recorded in one or two cuts without post editing (like added guitar or piano), like a live CD. So the sound is really raw.
But the album is good.

I gotta continue the RATATAT love, they're so fucking awesome
werd.

Lots of stuff, I am poor now, so its eating light for the next week. I am in love with music these days tho:

B00003A9NN.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Awesome, cept I dont like Supertramp, so the last few tracks are suxxor. The first nine
rule tho.

--------------------------

B000002AE0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Rox, its like happy Aimee

--------------------------

B0000D1FDI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Tiny Vessels, We Looked Like Giants, Lighter, and Sound of Settling all roxxor

---------------------------

B000002HOK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Getting old enough to call a classic, which means im getting old too :(

Triumph

Banned
Got a lot of older stuff on it. Been enjoying moodier music lately.

1. Rolling Stones- Paint it Black
2. Lou Reed- This Magic Moment
3. Leonard Cohen- Everybody Knows
4. Depeche Mode- Personal Jesus
5. Suzanne Vega- Blood Makes Noise
6. Nick Cave- The Ship Song(live)
7. John Lennon- Oh Yoko
8. Prince- When Doves Cry
9. White Stripes- Ball and Biscuit
10. Faces- Ooh La La

fart said:
the joke of anal cunt is the songs don't last long enough for someone to actually listen to, poser.

You've obviously never heard their masterpiece "Picnic of Love," poseur. And as such, your life is not yet complete.

fart

Savant
bobbyconover said:
You've obviously never heard their masterpiece "Picnic of Love," poseur. And as such, your life is not yet complete.
i'll check it out

oh man, this secret machines album is pretty q-lity

GG-Duo

Wow, the Ratatat album cover is really misleading :)

but it rocks - i like it a lot.
i want to listen to more "electronic" music - but then they put some lame-ass vocals or lyrics on there, or layer it with dense trip-hop beats or whatever... turns me right off. This is much more straightforward, I think. Poppish.

Man, I suck at describing music.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Twin Spica Original Soundtrack

Milkcan - Make it Sweet!

Jamiroquai - Travelling without moving

Beastie Boys - To the 5 Boroughs

Chony

Until I get my headphones, nothing.

But, I have been watching my Led Zeppelin DVD in DTS a lot recently. I have to get some Pink Floyd DVDs (besides The Wall).

element

Ratatat is like Air if they listened to hiphop. It is acceptable to like Ratatat and be an american, because they aren't FRENCH!! NYC BABY!!! All the way!!

fart

Savant
diablos is going to love this:

the shuttle driver was playing a track off siamese dream and i was like holy shit i remember when corgan still rocked so i ran home and popped it in.

you know, as much shit as i talk about corgan being gay and making some terrible albums and having sex with men and ruining everything, he was key in making one of the best pop albums of the 90s and had a huge part in my adolescence.

so in summary, siamese dream - still a masterpiece.

element

I just listened too:

The Hives - Walk, Idiot Walk
AWFUL!! Holy smokes that was awful.

Beastie Boys - To the 5 Boroughs
some of the beats are cool, but their lyrics are just boring :\

Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out (Single)
Strange remix of 'Take Me Out' by Naoum Gabo and a darker song called Shopping for Blood. Good stuff.

Velvet Revolver - Contraband
Sounds like STP with a true lead guitarist. I mean it is cool, but it is pretty much the same ol' stuff. Weiland even does the megaphone/mic trick he did back on Core :\

novery

Hillbilly rock is keeping my spirits up. My Morning Jacket, Kings of Leon, Iron & Wine (folk).. anybody have any similar recommendations?

-rp

Zilch

Banned
Hillbilly rock is keeping my spirits up. My Morning Jacket, Kings of Leon, Iron & Wine (folk).. anybody have any similar recommendations?

Yeah, Holopaw. They're on Subpop.

I'm about to go buy Sonic Youth Nurse and Corporate Ghost. Should be AWSUM.

ourumov said:
Now, I am gonna try this: (heard it is very good)

B00018WKNQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

If you're a fan of 80's pop (as I am) then you'll love it. If you didn't like that style of music it'll probably get on your nerves.

Falch

Mastodon - Remission (death metal, pretty technical)
449299-music-resized200.JPG

Oceansize - Effloresce (prog rock)
cvr_bbqcd235.jpg

Ephel Duath - The Painter's Palette (death/prog metal, very technical, from Italy)
487321-music-resized200.jpg

Other bands on my current playlist include Tool, NIN, Anathema, Katatonia, dredg, Dark Tranquillity, Agalloch, A Perfect Circle, HIM, Sikth, Novembre, The Mars Volta, Pain Of Salvation, Postman Syndrome, Unearth, Soilwork, At The Gates, Opeth, Devin Townsend, Kalmah, At The Drive-In, As I Lay Dying, Cave-In, Killswitch Engage, Radiohead, Kovenant, Arcturus and Porcupine Tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom