• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your favorite controllers ever?

320px-SaturnPad.jpg

greatest controller of the last greatest decade ever

PS1_Dual_Analog_with_Box.jpg

Destroy you fucking children/scuff/thumb players like your pajamas were nailed to the fucking floor

Model 2 Saturn controller is the greatest controller I've ever used, just sits so perfectly in the hands.

T-Cake

The Xbox One controller with a textured grip. That just feels sooooo good to hold. The DualShock 4 is not bad but it makes my hands feel really clammy and I have to go wash them.

Shin

Banned
In no particular order...

Super Famicom
NEO・GEO
Dualshock2
Xbox One S [probably would have been the perfect controller if the D-Pad was like white Vita and YXAB weren't colored letters).

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
In no order:

DualShock 4
Xbox 360 controller
The Duke (fight me :mad: )

And these two from my ST / Amiga days:

Competition Pro

ImgW.ashx

Zipstick

4b5673e6f427e4fa7425254503f93ad7.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Saturn controller with six face buttons holds a special place in my heart, especially for fighting games.

Otherwise, (nostalgia aside) I think the Xbox One controller is pretty much my favorite. PS4 controller is just about as good, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

lachesis

The d-pad has no pivot, so you can press the entire pad down from the center like a single button.

It’s not awful, but I wouldn’t want to play a fighting game on it.

Luckily it’s an easy diy fix to make a pivot for the d-pad.

Good to know! I will look into it if I have issues. I do have a 8bitdo M30 pad, so hopefully I won't have to use classic controller for fighting games.

gimmmick

81WC7WeciqL._SL1500_.jpg

Won't be surprised if the dual sense controller wins out one year from now, but as controllers go this was is perfect.

Naked Lunch

XB1 controller is the GOAT.

Saturn Japanese Grey color for 2d games (mainly fighters and shmups).

3rd party goes to Hori Fighting commander six face button (ps4/xb1 version).

Soodanim

Won't be surprised if the dual sense controller wins out one year from now, but as controllers go this was is perfect.
I have to pick the DS4 overall., and I look forward to the DSe.
The GameCube controller was comfortable, but it lacked an L1.
The Steam controller is fantastic in many ways, but its clicky joints aren't among them. I've been watching videos on remedying that, so perhaps it will move up my list before long.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Is DualSense compatible with PS4 like DualShock 4 is compatible with PS5? If so, go ahead Sony and release the DualSense early so we can already enjoy playing with it...
A man can dream...

TLZ

Banned
DS4.
GameCube.
Famicom.
SNES.
Mega drive 6 button.

All really well done and comfortable.

Top Bottom