• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your Favorite Random Facts?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I was just thinking earlier about clouds (not high, I swear) (or am I?) And gave the Google a random check to see how much they weigh, and it turns out, common clouds weigh like one million pounds. I mean, it makes sense, given what clouds are, but you don't typically think of a puffy white floating thing as a constant reminder that there's enough bullshit above your head that if the laws of the universe ever changed the apocalypse would start and there'd be craters in the earth from the culumonimbus harbingers of mankind's doom. I like to picture hoards of frenzied citizens aimlessly scattering across the urban ratmaze of large cities in an effort to not get devastated by God's water balloons.

And you've got to figure like, if their so heavy because of water volume, like when they collided with the soft earth flesh of our terrestrial ball, would they rupture? Would there be like New York city sized The Day After Tomorrow tsunamis? Would the immense weight cause like a huge crater that would fill up with rain and create urban lakes like some shit out of The Last of Us when it was about the apocalypse instead of feelings and girly shit?

Would it be temporary, or would all clouds instantly fall to Earth forcing humanity to either live underground or evolve in some weird way like getting elephant skin or something. Would the influx of surface level water increase the oxygen levels on land and cause us to start growing to like ten feet tall mother fuckers like some Old Testament shit?

Oh, yeah, and like, on topic

What are some of your favorite random facts?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
You are high, everything in the universe is either a duck or not a duck.
Donald Duck GIF

Last edited:
Dark/bold coffee has less caffeine than light roast. Reason being that the roasting process expels caffeine from the coffee bean. Worked at Starbucks in college and loved telling people this cause literally everyone goes "give me the darkest/strongest you got".

Guns don't kill people, people kill people

Every planet in the solar system can fit between Earth and the Moon.

That's actually insane. Even Jupiter eh? Damn.

Last edited:
they say pi might contain it all

More interesting the number of possible images in a 4k tv hdr display is finite, meaning eventually entire screens of numbers and even entire hour long segments and even entire year long segments would start repeating. Since the number of 4k tv hdr display images is finite, with infinite computation you can get a first person view of all humans viewpoint at all points in their life and alternate life possibilities, that is all humans past present and future including all scientists, mathematicians and engineers, and the infinite body of mathematics including all possible screenshots of all journals past present future or possible in any possible world would be contained within this finite set.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
As a ballpark for most things, Costco makes about 15% profit margin. So if you buy something for $100, Costco has a cost of goods of about $85. The lowest I've ever seen in 12%. It's so known and engrained in the industry that other retailers will use this against manufacturers to get a good price knowing what Costco paid for their bulk pack.

Lots of Kirkland Signature brands are made by the big companies. They do multiyear deals to make Kirkland and these products are high quality. Unlike Walmart or Loblaws whose store brand stuff can vary from good to garbage, mandates for Kirkland quality is high.

dr_octagon

Banned
spandau ballet is named after the bodies of Nazi officers twitching following hanging (the prison name is from West Germany)

ducks quack do echo, tested by mythbusters, i think its at a similar frequency so we can't hear it

a potato can be cooked in multiple ways

Curb Your Enthusiasm Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
Top Bottom