• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your favorite video game armor sets?

pablito

Usugane.jpg

ffxi had some really cool sets

VXLbeast

Everything I love from Dark Souls has been posted. Incredible art design, that game.
Shout out to Brushwood armor from Demon's Souls.

Not technically an armor "set", the armor design is so awesome I would hate myself for not posting it:

1347446622747.gif

Favorite sprites ever.

VXLbeast

Whaaaat? What is that White Samus armor all about? Awesome.

And that Mass Effectr armor is awesome too. Gives me Killzone vibes.

Whaaaat? What is that White Samus armor all about? Awesome.

And that Mass Effectr armor is awesome too. Gives me Killzone vibes.

Light Suit, Metroid Prime 2. When you realize that it works by emitting enough light on its own to prevent the Dark World from destroying the ever loving shit out of you, it's pretty awesome. Oh, and it lets you ride light like an elevator, and the aformentioned light it gives off kills a lot of demonic enemies on contact, specifically the little ones (that before were the single fastest Samus-killing things in the entire game)

VXLbeast

Light Suit, Metroid Prime 2. When you realize that it works by emitting enough light on its own to prevent the Dark World from destroying the ever loving shit out of you, it's pretty awesome. Oh, and it lets you ride light like an elevator, and the aformentioned light it gives off kills a lot of demonic enemies on contact, specifically the little ones (that before were the single fastest Samus-killing things in the entire game)

Thank you. That's why I didn't recognize it. Skipped 2 and went straight to 3.

Won

WoW Paladin T2 (Judgement) is still king.

I also really liked the Druid T2 set.

WoW Dragonstalker Armor was so cool. I never got the shoulders. *sniffle*

Ah, I miss the good old days of making fun of Hunters and their silly armor sets.

ZenaxPure

The amount of people posting bloodfang makes me shake my head. It's certainly a well designed set but man so many rogues use it for transmog nowadays that I am just sick of seeing it. Personally not even my favorite rogue set, was always a bigger fan of tier 8 even though it's one of the lesser liked sets by the public because of the whole hat/collar thing. That said I actually like all the rogue sets minus the most recent one which looks like I'm wearing a garbage bag on my head.

But what I really want to post is one of the more recent paladin pvp sets. I don't think this specific version actually made it into the game (I believe the skirt got replaced with pants) but I remember being blown away the first time I saw this set. I like the whole half demon half angel thing it has going on, though, at the same time it really gives me some weird Darksiders vibe (which I realize is off putting to some people but awesome to others).

i6ksh.jpg

valeo

Seemed a lot funnier in retrospect....

Its late leave me alone!!!
XD

Edit: I have no idea what happened there, not only do the outfits not look the same at all but nothing about mood is in the picture...

Ill be on my way then...

Don't worry, I thought it was funny.

Ultratech

Hmm...tough to say what my favorite could be.

But here are some I do like:
Season 1 Arena Hunter Set:
(Tough to find a good pic of the set.)

Scourgestalker Armor (Hunter T8)

Pumpkin/Nightmare Armor from MHP3rd
This shit was amazing the first time I put it together.

Give me time and I'll find more.

This was neat though:
Guts' Berserker Armor modeled in Skyrim

Almost forgot Garland's armor from Dissidia:

vocab

A lot of JRPGS never really reflect loot changes. It's one of my problems with the genre. A lot do weapon changes, but some don't at all =/

Thank you. That's why I didn't recognize it. Skipped 2 and went straight to 3.

You owe it to yourself to play 2. Honestly, it's my favorite of the series, there are a few moments where it's hard/obscure, but I felt it had a lot more personality than MP3.

Also it had some of that "awesome" factor, without diluting the rest of it.

Sentenza

That Far Side comic strip was pretty much what I saw when I took a quick glance at the Witcher set. I laughed.
It may be time to check your eyesight, then.
Because if you look closely you will notice how those three armor sets share very little similarities, despise being essentially three variations of the same high-end set.
There isn't a single texture in common among them.

And we're talking about just a small fraction of the full collection, for what's one character out of many, in a game that is generally defined by an outstanding armor design.

So the joke "they are all the same, yuk yuk" feels really out of place for me, especially considering what competition offers in this field.

Top Bottom