• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your hopes for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?

JoeM86

Is there a reason we haven't heard anything about it since the direct? I thought it might have been at the E3 treehouse.

TPC do things on their own terms, not Nintendo's. It's also not uncommon for time to pass between reveal and next information.

Sun & Moon had 2 and a half months
Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire had 1 and a half months
X & Y had a massive 4 months
Black 2 & White 2 had 1 and a half months
Black & White had 1 month

LOLDSFAN

- Reduce the "call for help", the first few times it was fun but it quickly became annoying.
- Let me throw a Poké ball when I'm battling multiple wild Pokémon.
- Bring back gym leaders.
Yeah these are mine. The call for help thing would really get annoying when I'd try and catch something I needed.

1. More Alola forms. Like, triple. Include Pokemon from other regions, but primarily Johto, as lore implies.

2. Increased legendary availability.

3. All the necessary move tutors.

4. Gyms in the eight development sites to accompany remixed island trials.

5. Cheaper clothing. I remember spending all my money on a frilly shirt. Worth it, but come on.

6. More stat tweaks to older Pokemon that make them slightly better.

7. Battle Frontier.

8. A "Day Care", somewhere separate from the nursery, to ease the difficulty of training Pokemon to level 100.

9. Softened level 100 requirement for bottle caps.

10. A special message upon beating the Elite 4 where my dad apologizes for all the things he said to me in the summer of 2014, thus beginning to mend our relationship.

11. Bicycles.

Bubble

Neo Member
Fix the shitty online and GTS. How GameFreak managed to make the online component so bad after XY/ORAS made it perfect, I'll never understand. Also, I would not be opposed to removing all the filler crap, like Pelago, Refresh, etc. A complete waste of space.

Seeing as those things will never happen (not until the next mainline game), I just want the ability to re-battle trainers. The EXP system + no re-match against NPCs makes it a hassle and a serious grind to train Pokemon in Sun/Moon. GameFreak needs to take less inspiration from Black/White.

Macka

• BREEDING AREA LIKE IN ORAS. Let us use the D-Pad again somehow so we can just hold down a direction and keep moving. Ugh, S/M is such a regression in this area.
  • MAKE BOTTLECAPS COMMON. These being so hard to obtain was a joke. Standard IV breeding was still much easier.
  • DEX NAV like in Oras.
  • They probably can't do much about Alola being a corridor, but please ditch the constant cutscenes with terrible dialogue. Please.
  • Wildly different regional dex. The selection was terrible, and so many Pokemon were either too rare or too common on every freaking island.
  • Gyms in the empty lots.
  • More regional variants.
  • New Mega Evolutions.
  • Extensive post-game.
  • A place to train to level 100 easily. Cafes, secret bases, etc.
  • Friend Safari.
  • Give us Hoopa rings with non shiny locked legends. Birds and Weather trio especially.
Things that will never happen but should:
  • Ditch Rotom Dex. It's a terrible, terrible thing.
  • Retcon Ultra Beasts out of existence. Kidding. Please don't introduce any more though. I know they need more legends because they're already releasing Marshadow, but give us proper Legendaries with normal designs instead.

New Alolan forms would be awesome but I'm not expecting it.

Honestly I hope it's not much new content, I sold my 3DS when I got my Switch and this, Metroid, and a few other games are tempting me to get a 2DS XL.

Gin-Shiio

• Bring back gym's. Trials were dumb.
  • An actual good story.
  • Ditch Rotom Dex. It's a terrible, terrible thing.

giphy.gif

Kenai

Three things I hope for:

More trainer customization options. Please give me the option to not have hueg like xbox eyes and some more clothes/hairstyles. it's freaking Hawaii, where are my dreadlocks.

Revamp call for help a bit. I don't necessarily mind on Totem Pokemon but rando Wild Pokes having 20+ friends is just annoying. maybe make it much more unlikely unless we use Panic Orbs or w/e they are called so we can still shiny hunt? I dunno.

Alohan Arcanine. YOU DID ALOHAN VULPIX/NINETAILS YOU MOTH*CKERS WHERE'S MY BEST DAWG? (sorry bit of a rant there)

LotusHD

Banned
- More postgame content
- More Alolan forms
- For it to be a sequel, not a third version, so the Switch game can do something new
- More hair options

I'm hoping that it's an entirely new story. More like Black 2 and White 2 than Emerald/Platinum.

It doesn't seem likely though, if only because the player character designs are so similar.

Zelias

Banned
Up the performance. Remove trainer models from double battles if necessary, double battles run like dogshit on the o3DS and it really bugs me. I'd rather have less bells and whistles and actually decent performance.

New Alolan forms. New exclusive Z-Moves. New megas would also be nice, if they can actually distribute and balance them properly. Speaking of which, all the Mega stones should be available in-game and not be at the mercy of online events.

Actual postgame content beyond the Battle Tree and the UB quest. The return of the Battle Frontier would be nice, as would the PWT or an equivalent. Better ways to level would also be a godsend. Hyper Training is hampered badly by the difficulty of levelling in Sun/Moon.

Challenge Mode that is unlocked from the start and disables all the tutorial stuff that exists in every Pokemon game ever in addition to stuff like higher levels/better AI/more varied teams etc.

National Dex. No excuse to not have this.

Nuke the fucking Festival Plaza from orbit. Bring back the PSS for online functionality.

Bring back the DexNav.

I'm bracing for disappointment. May skip these unless they offer a substantial improvement over the originals.

Smasher89

Bill getting shown as the true villain in the games.
Explain the Xenoblade chronicles X tie in that was a major part of sun/moon!
team aethers base is basicly like the life core

- Fix the damn framerate
- Alola forms for anything besides Kanto Pokemon
- An actual postgame
- Overhaul Festival Plaza
- Make Apricorn balls easily renewable instead of 1 per game + optional global mission rewards
- Move tutors
- Give the starters their hidden abilities so I actually have a reason to use them again during the story

More rider pokemon. Like different forms of them. Machamp is pretty great but what about riding in Kangaskhan pouch like the Kangaroo in Link's Awakening (or was that Oracle)?

A way to skip fucking tutorials. They say they consider features for both veterans and newcomers but why the fuck at I still be taught how to catch a Pokemon or do anything else? There NEEDS to be a way to skip it this time around and forever after. It's 1 of my biggest problems with Sun and Moon.

Maybe more Alolan variants that aren't Kanto only for some dumbass reason.

Fast forward option for battle animations? I like animations but got damn I end up turning them off just because of how much time battles take with them on.

Calling for help needs to go, especially if they aren't going to fix the issue of not being able to catch a Pokemon while more than 1 is out on the other side of the field. The old Shiny method was better.

New Alolan forms would be nice, they were probably the best addition from Sun and Moon. More story content would be nice too, I like the story quite a bit, despite it being fairly simple.

exhume

I'd like to see some new islands to explore. Wasn't that hinted at on the map that was released before SM launched?

The Alola region just feels so tiny, even though I'm sure square-for-square it's probably not that different to previous regions.

I've learned not to have any hopes after Gen VI. Gamefreak just seems to have a penchant for not living up to expectations (for me). For every step forward, they take two steps back. I would say it's probably franchise fatigue but then how am I able to enjoy gameplay elements from Gens II, III, IV, and V?

I'm hoping that it's an entirely new story. More like Black 2 and White 2 than Emerald/Platinum.

It doesn't seem likely though, if only because the player character designs are so similar.

But Black and White 2 weren't new stories. It continued from what was left loose in Black and White. Unless you're talking about using alternate characters as opposed the regular MCs?

MegaMelon

But Black and White 2 weren't new stories. It continued from what was left loose in Black and White. Unless you're talking about using alternate characters as opposed the regular MCs?

They were new. Traditional third versions were the same basic plot with some additions and tweakings here and there. This applies to Yellow/Crystal/Platinum and to a lesser degree Emerald.

B2W2 did not have the same story as BW. They were entirely different stories that were yes sequels to BW. Compare BW and B2W2s stories and they're completely different.

Aleh

Aside from actual features, I hope they'll expand the explorable areas in the game. It was disappointing to be able to see so few of the Aether Paradise for example (super small labs, no extra rooms, no mini dungeon like past villanious teams' Headquarters, and even their mansion didn't let you go upstairs or into other rooms... pretty weird for such a gigantic man made island) or the Ultra Space being a small one-way corridor. I just want them to make better use of the space.

Atheerios

A quick reminder that GF said they didn't implement Battle Frontier because they thought it was too hard and people wouldn't enjoy it.

Q:We noticed ORAS had a lower difficulty level compared to previous Pokemon games. What bought you to this decision? Any chance that future games will have the possibility to adjust difficulty level as seen in Black and White 2?

A:What? How come you've already played the games? hearty laughter [the games were supposed to come out in Italy the day after the interview] We created a "balanced" game that was suited for our time and age, where everyone is very busy and young people have various means of entertainment. Using smartphones and other devices they can access a great number of games, so the time they dedicate to a single game is less than in the past. The player can choose to keep on playing after the main story and continue to the post-game, where the difficulty rises and there are much more difficult Trainers and challenges to overcome.

Q:Why wasn't the Battle Frontier in the remakes?

A:This question is connected with my previous answer. We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason. Interviewer's note: In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging.

http://www.pokemonmillennium.net/ar...-eslusiva-junichi-masuda-e-shigeru-ohmori-ci-

woopWOOP

I just want more clothes for my trainer to wear

Give me a lab coat and clothes based on old trainer classes or evil teams. Battle Girl outfit would be sweet

ThisGuy

I want a lot of hidden stuff for me discover. Caves that I have no reason to go to except that I want to. And in that cave I want Red. I want the challenge of a pokemon lifetime.

MegaMelon

Now that I think about it maybe there is one thing I can expect GF to do. I want them to add more (battle) tracks. Sun/Moon had a great ost and I'd love it if we got more battle themes beyond Necrozmas.

Even though it's not a sequel, I'd like US/UM to be to S/M as BW2 was to BW. Maybe throw Kanto in there, but that seems unlikely.

I want a stronger endgame and a return of PSS.

Galang

Banned
I'd like to see more alonan forms definitely. Would love to see them go all out and add forms for the rest of the kanto pokemon that don't have one.

GamerJM

Banned
Good post game with a battle frontier equivalent and gen 7 pretty much automatically becomes my favorite.

If they get rid of trials I'll be sorely disappointed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm hoping there is a way I could import my Sun/Moon save directly into Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, and carry over any Pokemon caught without having to go through the pains of trading or Pokebank.

all i need is a little more post game content im all for online battles to extend my play time but i also like the little things the series does after you beat the elite four.

Smasher89

I'm hoping there is a way I could import my Sun/Moon save directly into Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, and carry over any Pokemon caught without having to go through the pains of trading or Pokebank.
Sounds like something for the exntry after ultra, if it actually moves to switch exclusivly, it means pokebank gets a lot less accessable to use for transfering pokemon from old gens, and there would prob be a 3ds to switch transfer
or a ds/3ds backward compatible 3ds sequel/Switch!

- Adjust the appearance rates on certain pokemon. 5% appearance rates on some stuff is nonsense, when others are well above 50~75% Don't waste my time like that please.

- Expand the creatures in the region. The idea that different areas of grass had different pokemon was good but some of the choices were uninspired.

- Keep going for actual rpg elements like scenes, just make less of them and more impact.

- Better exp grind areas.

- Better endgame... like make it exist outside catching 5 beasts and a endless tower.

- More interesting encounters. Talking rivals, kahuna's, and what not.

- Adjust the megastone system, give them out before the game is over. I get that introducing megaevolution then Z moves kinda walked all over themselves but that was their fault.

- Rework or remove festival plaza, that thing is a mess. Let us get the colors we want ect. instead of it being random chance... nonsense.

- Kill rotom dex

- Reduce the call for help rate.

- Pokeball's for multiple encounters. Seriously.

- Rebalance some of these damn pokemon. Its crazy the "competitive" variety of pokemon is so small considering there are so many.

wmlk

Rotom Dex was actually terrible. I kept on pressing it to for some incredibly useful functionality that existed in past games (Pokétch, PSS), but it never told me anything useful and emoted the same predictable way. I get adding some personality, but it completely lacked any.

Top Bottom