• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your most anticipated titles for the rest of 2011?

lupin23rd

Catherine
Ryu ga Gotoku - Of the End (already played 4 in Japanese otherwise it would be up there too)
Uncharted 3
Dark Souls
NHL 12

Just got Tactics Ogre.

A ton more on the want list but these are the main ones, I don't think this thread needs another long list of solid games coming out this year.

epic year of gaming continues... (strikethrough = already released)

January:
LittleBigPlanet 2
Dead Space 2
Mass Effect 2 (PS3 release) (haven't bought it yet though)

February:
Killzone 3

March:
PixelJunk Shooter 2
MotorStorm: Apocalypse
LY3rG.jpg

Yakuza 4 (English release)
ajAkU.jpg

April:
Portal 2
Ym23y.jpg

May:
L.A. Noire
LkPwz.jpg

White Knight Chronicles 2: Awakening of Light and Darkness (English release)
nSgTR.jpg

No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise (English release)
eRsU6.jpg

June:
inFamous 2
RU1W7.jpg

July:
Catherine (English release)
2Hyyk.jpg

August:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
DtxiX.jpg

September:
Resistance 3
U2tzi.jpg

November:
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
RYl3U.jpg

Now I only need something for October and December... but chances are high because:

2011 (so far) games w/o a more specific release date:

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
IBDB1.jpg

Journey
l5Kxg.jpg

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection
CEgGm.jpg

The Last Guardian
9HPly.jpg

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
1rOGd.jpg

Silent Hill: Downpour
7FaY9.jpg

Final Fantasy XIV (PS3 release)
qDiaD.jpg

Ni no Kuni: Shiroki Seihai no Joō (a hopefully soon announced English release)
eusqx.jpg

Assassin's Creed 2011

Mass Effect 3

I may have forgotten a few (smaller DD) games I also have on my radar (or not apparently :p )

X-Frame said:
Starhawk?

One can dream.

At this point I'm just hoping for a reveal in 2011 :(

Anywho, I'll keep my list short.

Infamous 2
Uncharted 3
Mass Effect 3

I'll be picking up a bunch more, but those are my absolutely must buy day-one, might call in sick to work games.

Corto

The most anticipated for me are five: Portal 2, Uncharted 3, TES V: Skyrim, Dark Souls and The Witcher 2. I have a bunch of others that I will surely get, even as day one buys. But these five are the ones that I'm already dreaming of playing.

Edit: The Last Guardian will jump to the top spot if we have an announcement of a 2011 release. Unfortunately, I don't believe that will happen. 2012 needs some love too.

I can't think of a game I'm more hyped for than "The Witcher 2".

The first one was one of my favorite RPG's and one of the few WRPG's I felt that's design I could stomach.

It just had a few rough edges before I'd consider it "legendary". However the sequel looks to fix all of those things.

HYPE!!!!!!!

EDIT -

There's also Chantelise, Carpe Fulgur's second translation project.

chan_ss03.jpg

3D Action RPG with 2D sprites? Sign me up!

There's also Arkham City but unless STEAM has a crazy deal on it at the end of the year I ain't biting until it reaches at most $20.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
LA Noire
inFamous 2
Batman: Arkham City
The Last Guardian
ICO Collection
Journey

Rich!

Right. I'll seperate it into formats:

PC

- Duke Nukem Forever
- Portal 2

Wii

- Skyward Sword
- HAL's Kirby Wii (looks absolutely incredible, like a true successor to Super Star)

3DS

- Ocarina of Time
- Mario Kart
- Paper Mario
- Resident Evil Mercenaries
- Metal Gear Solid 3

Neiteio

I wish I was more excited for Skyward Sword. I think I'm spoiled by high-def... and the white-washed look to the graphics makes me long for the more solid colors of Wind Waker. Ah well... Hopefully E3 will have my left nut saying to the right nut, "Awwwwww yeah, Skyward Sworrrrrrd." I do like me the gold statue boss in the GDC trailer; like a Christopher Columbus version of Shiva.

Now that the 3DS is here, I can say Pilotwings and Steel Diver both delivered. Especially Pilotwings... Amazing game. Now looking forward to Ocarina of Time 3D, and to a lesser degree, Mercenaries 3D. Star Fox 64 3D after that, and I'm hoping Kid Icarus and Mario Kart follow this summer/fall. It would certainly be nice if MGS3D came out this year, but Kojima usually likes at least five years' worth of 10-minute trailers before he releases a game, right? So we probably won't see it until 2020. At least Super Mario 3D will likely be out this holiday, and with it all the Raccoon/Tanooki goodness we can handle.

Speaking of holidays... Batman: Arkham City in time for Halloween? Awwwwww yeah. And I'm hoping NOA brings Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora's Tower stateside, because I now want all three of those -- which is saying something, as I usually pass on jRPGs, but all of these look action-y and thoughtful enough to tickle my fancy (especially Pandora's, which I suppose isn't really an RPG). I'd also totally check out Fatal Frame II if it came stateside -- love me some horror.

Not really feeling Uncharted 3 yet; the environs look dry and borinig compared to U2, which delighted my imagination with its lush jungles and dizzying snowy heights.

I'm hoping -- hoping! -- Wii2/Cafe/Stream hits this holiday with the metric Banzai Bill payload of Pikmin 3, F-Zero Next, Star Fox Armada, Eternal Darkness II and Grand Theft Auto V. I don't think so much awesomeness would be globally sustainable, though. Hmm...

Astery

El Shaddai
Mass Effect 3
Tales of Xillia
FF vs 13 (prob won't make it this year, and I'm talking about the Japanese version to boot)
Armored Core 5
Battlefield 3
Gears of War 3
Child of Eden
Journey
LA Noire
Brink
Rage
X-Com
Dead Island
The Last Guardian (almost confirmed not making it this year as well)
FF13 Type 0 (may be)
FF13-2 (may be, I almost forgot about it)
Resistance 3 (may be)

NGP in general

Nasreddin

Most Wanted:

LA Noire
Deus Ex HR
Child of Eden
Journey
Shadows of the Damned
Rayman Origins

Honorable mention:

Duke Nuke Forever
Rage
El Shaddai
Batman Arkham City
Halo Combat Evolved HD
Fez

Not much, really.

DS
Kirby DS4
kirby_ds_thumb_GmaYPzGiMbpXqtV.jpg

(still have to get Ghost Trick, Okamiden and Monster Tale though)

PSP
nothing I can think of

WII
Zelda Skyward Sword

3DS (don't have one yet)
Mario Kart DS
Zelda OoT
Starfox
(+ Paper Mario and Mario 3D but I doubt they will come out this year)

Nono and the Cursed Treasure.

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon.

Dust.

Deus Ex.

Sequence.

Mass Effect 3.

Uncharted 3.

Gears of War 3.

Batman.

Spelunky.

Since I've done Portal 2 and finishinhg up Crysis 2, I will have caught up so from here on in:

Duke Nukem
Halo HD
Zelda
ME3
Uncharted 3
battlefield 3
CoD:2011
Gears 3
LA Noire
Rage
batman: AC
Deus Ex HR
inFamous 2
Red Faction Armageddon

maybe
Skyrim (I'm a SF RPG guy rather than Fantasy)
Brink
Xcom

Portal 2. (Got it. Love it!)
Mortal Kombat. (Got it. Love it)

Batman Arkham City
Mass Effect 3
Battlefield 3

All my guaranteed day one buys.

Original-Blue

Neo Member
Yay! A list thread!

I always though threads like these are rotten when not controlled or defined by rules. Like, if you're going to post a title on your list then you need to write a detailed description of why that game is on your must have list and also include five screenshots that have helped put you there and link to your favourite trailer.

Instead it ends up with pages of the same titles in different posts on different pages.

I also thought while doing that it would be best to limit that list to "top 3" or, "only 3" and why.

I actually went through and did this yesterday and planned out my finances for the rest of the year based on what I want to buy and what I must buy day one. Here is my top 3 and why. Needless to say this wasn't easy. Also portal 2 is excluded because its already out or it would be top of list.

1. Deus Ex HR - I love sci-fi and cyber punk is perhaps my favourite of it all. I love choice based gameplay. I love the idea of body modification / upgrading in human future. I only hope this is what really happens by 2027! Absolute number 1 on my list, but I'm also very fearful of how it could turn out. Ive hear them describe parts of the game as "levels" and that worries the shit out of me. I don't want levels to the game in which the non linearity is restricted to how you complete those levels, but then the levels are linear. If that's how it is I may just fucking cry because other than that one little tid bit, the game
Is looking spot on perfect. Will play on PC.

2. Battlefield 3 - I've always been a big Battlefield lover. But never played a huge amount of BF Multi. I'm primarily a single player gamer, so the inclusion of single player in BF3 with the design philosophies that go into DICE's Multi is exciting (and I love what we've seen so far). The initial trailer sent me into a 'war' spin in which I watched almost every doco ever made about the Iraq / Afghan wars. I hate the SP in the Bad Company games, but I love games that you can see you body in (ala Mirrors edge). This was almost number 1 on my list but DE is sooner.

I feel the need to say that third place was a virtual tie between Witcher 2 and Uncharted 3. Witcher 2 was edging ahead because my hype is bigger because its closer. But in the end it went too...

3. Uncharted 3 - the uncharted games are (I believe) the best franchise to come out of this generation. Brilliant in everyday. "the interactive action / adventure movie" and I love them. When I was young, my biggest dream when I grew up was to be an archeaologist like Indiana Jones. My field was going to be ancient Egypt and with a major in the search for the lost city of Atlantis. Needless to say I'm sure a few people have had similar desires when they're kids, only to find out archeaology is not all its cracked up to be (going on grand adventures wise), so needless to say, this game fills a primal and childhood need inside me. It would probably be number 1 on my list wereiy coming out sooner than 11/11. This is me dulling down my hype.

Other than these three games there are still 20 other games that I want to play this year. It honeslt is one of the most incredible years if you're a AAA blockbuster gamer.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
1) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2) Mass Effect 3
3) Gears of War 3
4) Star Wars: The Old Republic

That's pretty much my big 4. Somehow Skyrim took the lead, but Mass 3 and Gears 3 are pretty much tied. I may or may not be getting TOR because of the time consumption required by the aforementioned games.

Luthos

There's a lot of big games down the road, but next month...

Witcher 2, LA Noire, and maybe Brink.

But my Witcher 2 hype is growing day by day.

Pomegranate

Neo Member
Catherine
Alice: Madness Returns
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Paper Mario 3D
Mario Kart 3D
Super Mario 3D
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Cave Story 3D
Professor Layton and the Devil Flute
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (I doubt it comes out this year though)

Top Bottom