• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your relaxing games?

Rocket League

Just pure gaming. No menus. No inventory. No quests. I could probably watch a movie while playing this. It is frictionless and joyful.

Tetris 99 could be up there too but it's a bit too hardcore to be a relaxing game.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Destiny 2 strikes, just lets me zone out and relax. Any looter shooter will do this for me but hasn’t been a better for a long time.

Havoc2049

Destiny 2 strikes, just lets me zone out and relax. Any looter shooter will do this for me but hasn’t been a better for a long time.
Good one. Once the sweatiness of a new strike in Destiny/Destiny 2 wares off and your character levels up, the strikes do become a rather fun and chill grind with friends. I've had tons of great conversations during the course of strikes.

My current go to chill game is fishing in the Sea of Thieves. If you're on a chill server, just the act of sailing around and doing emissary mission grinds for rep and gold is chill as well.
What-are-the-rarest-fish-in-Sea-of-Thieves-and.jpg

Racing games, JRPGs and open world games I can take at my own pace are my jam. Animal Crossing too, but that's almost cheating.

I recently started the Far Cry games for the first time and I've been having a great time just farting around the map looking for hidden shit in Far Cry 3.

Aenima

Lately has been Genshin Impact. When im done with the daily quests or events i usually end up just roaming the world for the beauty of it from time to time.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Just played some Rez VR and after my cigarette im going to drive a Toyato Supra on a Japanese highway <3

Miles708 Miles708 Dreams is almost finished downloading. I'm stoked. <3

Last edited:
Right now Disco Elysium, when I want to totally veg out I usually prefer something that’s mainly about story with no major gameplay effort involved. Seems like I’m a bit of an oddball in that sense though since it seems a lot of people prefer pure gameplay with little to no story for their veg out game.

bosnianpie

I would say Cities Skylines in the recent past. You can put on some music and just play in your own pace, build big and small and feel no pressure to 'complete' it. Various walking simulators are also recommended.

SSfox

Collecting, hunting, fishing and shooting griefers in RDR 2 Online.

red dead redemption 2 goodbye GIF by Rockstar Games

I have been playing since launch and I will probably keep playing it until RDR3 is released.
Wah for real bru, same even tho i took some months break times to times when there new games that has my interest, like when MK11 release, then FF7, and RE3, ect but, playing it since beta, i'm lvl 570, it's my shilling game lol, the more i play it the more i realize the gap between Rock and the other when it comes to open world, it may have my favorite map in any open world (but still need Mexico tho)

poodaddy

Playing through Chrono Trigger for the umpteenth time is like going to see an old friend who's always happy to see me, no matter how long it's been or how I've changed.

So I guess Chrono Trigger.

Animagic

Banned
There are certain games that are just right right for this.

Age of Empires 2 DE skirmish against AI. - Just turtling up and building a civilization across half the map.

Stronghold/Stronghold Crusader - Building a sprawling castle in the economy or skirmish settings.

Anno 1404/1800 - Building a settlement.

Zeus Master of Olympus - See above.

Emperor Rise of the Middle Kingdom - Ditto.

Ocarina of Time - Going fishing.

Twilight Princess - Even more so. Later Zelda games could have used fishing holes like the one here.

Breath of the WIld - Just going in a random direction and seeing what happens.
A-Train
Farming Simulator
Chill titles like that

Miles708

Cheated Sim City 4
Ooh yes this is good. Cheating in games (single player, don't jump at me) is so relaxing.
Especially in management/strategy games, but a bit everywhere really. Having god-mode/unlimited resources/noclip mode etc. just puts you in a relaxing, low effort, just-the-ride mood that I love very much in certain cases.

Miles708 Miles708 Dreams is almost finished downloading. I'm stoked. <3

The story mode is good too :)
Also, do the tutorials, you'll be grateful later, and they're funnier if you just over-shoot at them.
If you're stuck at something (and you don't want to open a thread) hit me up, I'm not a guru but I can try to help or at least I could point you to some youtube tutorials :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Lately it's been Binding of Isaac: Repentance, believe it or not. I understand the game came be stressful, I mean, it's practically a bullet hell at times. But something about it being so... straight forward just makes it easier to digest and play.

SWTOR. That's a game I can just jump on and chill for ages. Just doing random quests, exploring etc.

Divinity Original Sin 2. Tried playing it twice and it just wasn't doing it for me. Picked it up a third time and started over, and something clicked. I'm enjoying just taking my time in Fort Joy and trying to complete all the quests there before moving on.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
MTG arena. Just fucking around with the deck builder and taking weird frankenstein decks into ranks is a zen like experience for me.

Sea of Thieves. Visuals and sound (what is it about the creaking ropes in your rigging that is so damned relaxing?) with the movement of your ship....just lovely.

Just have to keep an eye on the horizon occasionally for other parties that might want to impede on my relaxation session.

If I feel like relaxing I think the AssCreed games, and stuff like Skyrim and Bethesda games in general are pretty good in that regard. I don’t play them for the challenge but to explore and take my time. They’re not really demanding. Either that or I’ll go into practice mode in whatever fighting game I’m into at the time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom