• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What can we expect from Nintendo World 2011, Jan. 8-10?

Neiteio

I was reading nintendo3dsblog.com, taking everything with a grain of salt as there seems to be just as much fact as fiction, when I came across a link to their upcoming coverage of Nintendo World 2011. My question to you, are the following details true? (I'm mostly interested to know if it's true Nintendo revealed the list of playable titles this blog alleges they did, because I never heard of this outside the blog.)

NINTENDO WORLD 2011:

Nintendo World 2011 is going to be the first public demonstration of the Nintendo 3DS video game system, and we're going to be sharing lots of great coverage right here on nintendoworld2011.com throughout the three days while the event is being held.

You may have a few questions about the event, so I've answered some below:

Where is Nintendo World 2011?

There's not a lot we know about Nintendo World 2011 but the event itself is being held at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Japan (just outside Tokyo). It's the same location the Tokyo Game Show is held, and where Nintendo previously held their September 29th press conference. Nintendo are holding the demonstration in Hall 9, which gives them over 9000 square meters of space to work with.

When is Nintendo World 2011?

The first day of Nintendo World 2011 begins on January 8th, 2011. It goes over three days, meaning on January 8th, January 9th and January 10th there'll be a ton of coverage of the Nintendo 3DS. It's going to be quite hectic to report on everything.

What will be on display at Nintendo World 2011?

Nintendo has recently revealed a ton of games that will either be playable or on display in video form. Here's a list of everything that will be playable:

1.Hideo Kojima’s Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D The Naked Sample
2.Winning Eleven 3D Soccer
3.Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
4.Resident Evil Revelations
5.Samurai Warriors Chronicle
6.Dead or Alive Dimensions
7.Ridge Racer 3D
8.Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
9.Nintendogs + Cats
10.Kid Icarus
11.Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
12.Steel Diver
13.Pilot Wings Resort
14.AR Games
15.Nintendo 3DS Camera

...and we can expect trailers or gameplay footage of these games:

7.Ridge Racer 3D
9.Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D
10.Super Monkey Ball 3D
11.Kingdom Hearts 3D
12.Gundam The 3D Battle
13.Tales of the Abyss
14.One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP
15.Cubic Ninja
16.Tobidasu Puzzle Bobble 3D
17.Pro Baseball Famisuta 2011
18.Animal Resort
19.Xevious
20.3D Beauty Clock
21.Nintendogs + Cats
22.Kid Icarus
23.Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
24.Steel Diver
25.Pilot Wings Resort
26.Star Fox 64 3D
27.Paper Mario
28.Animal Crossing
29.Mario Kart
30.AR Games
31.Mii Plaza

Anyways, that's it for now. Don't forget to bookmark this page and come back here when January 8th rolls around (or maybe stop by on January 7th just to be safe). Nintendo World 2011 is going to be an epic event, and it's going to be a lot of fun trying to keep up with every bit of news and media coming out of it.

OK, back to the OP... Is the above all true? I really, really hope it is. Talk about Christmas in early January for Nintendo fans -- trailers and gameplay impressions of LoZ OoT 3D? MGS3D? RER? Pilotwings Resort? Kid Icarus Uprising? Sign me up!

But please, confirm for me this blog isn't getting my hopes up for nothing... And also, will our English-speaking journalists actually cover this event? It seems they let a couple other opportunities were games where playable (RER, OoT3D, etc) slip by unmarked. :-\

It's just a public event where people can try out the 3DS, nothing more.

We'll get hands on impressions and maybe some new information regarding certain games.

If we're lucky, we'll also see the launch lineup for Japan. But that might just come on the 19th instead.

Speaking of which, the 19th is the big day for 3DS info. That's where we'll hear everything (price, release date for US/EU, launch lineup, online details etc)

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
kidnap1.jpg

Neiteio

Nuclear Muffin said:
It's just a public event where people can try out the 3DS, nothing more.
But is it true that Nintendo specified the listed games in the OP as being playable?

I just realized that The Naked Sample is listed as playable for MGS3, which seems to suggest the jungle-crawling "demo" seen at E3. I'm still hopeful they'll actually let people play the main game this time around.

Neuromancer said:
Very excited about Pilotwings Resort. Maybe AR games too.
I'm hopeful that Pilotwings Resort and AR Games will be system pack-ins.

Neiteio

I'm hopeful we'll get a trailer for OoT 3D that'll show off some of the other areas of the game. I want to see what the game looks like at night, with the revamped art assets, framerate and animation... Especially the far end of the graveyard where it always rains. :)

Spiegel

Neiteio said:
But is it true that Nintendo specified the listed games in the OP as being playable?

I just realized that The Naked Sample is listed as playable for MGS3, which seems to suggest the jungle-crawling "demo" seen at E3. I'm still hopeful they'll actually let people play the main game this time around.

It's probably the same demo that Konami showed at E3, but a playable demo shouldn't sound weird if the game is being released in 2011.
Peace Walker had a downloadable demo ready (as in available for everyone) in September and the game was released 7 months later.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Outside of a few first looks, I dont expect much more from this than a 'public' E3/Japan conference. I expect a lot of the same demos repeating over, and not a huge amount of news.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Neiteio said:

Neither my friend. AR Games will have one pre-installed I believe, and then Nintendo will sell a series of cards with additional AR Games. Pilotwings Resort is a retail product, and there is no need for pack-in this early in the game. It would make more sense to sell the hardware closer to cost, and recoup money selling software, rather than inflating or validating a higher hardware cost with a pack-in game.

TreIII

All I want is basically confirmation on exactly when Paper Mario 3DS stands to come out. Because whenever that game comes out is my personal ultimatum for when I must have a 3DS.

Boney

Banned
Shikamaru Ninja said:
Neither my friend. AR Games will have one pre-installed I believe, and then Nintendo will sell a series of cards with additional AR Games. Pilotwings Resort is a retail product, and there is no need for pack-in this early in the game. It would make more sense to sell the hardware closer to cost, and recoup money selling software, rather than inflating or validating a higher hardware cost with a pack-in game.
Nintendo confirmed AR game(s) pre installed with the systems. We just don't know how many.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I wonder when we'll get some actual info and footage of Metal Gear 3DS, and not the pre-scripted Naked Sample demo.

EatChildren said:
I wonder when we'll get some actual info and footage of Metal Gear 3DS, and not the pre-scripted Naked Sample demo.

E3 would be my best bet. GDC is we're extremely lucky. Launch in august next year.

Boney said:
Nintendo confirmed AR game(s) pre installed with the systems. We just don't know how many.
well, it's confirmed for Japan anyway. i'm sure they will offer the same elsewhere around the world.

EatChildren

Xater said:
E3 might be a good guess.
Vinterbird said:
E3 would be my best bet. GDC is we're extremely lucky. Launch in august next year.

Sounds about right. I hope he's done more with it than simply porting it.

Boney

Banned
EatChildren said:
Sounds about right. I hope he's done more with it than simply porting it.
Doubt it. It should be molded after Peace Walker in terms of mission structure and controls. I'm excited for this one, MGS3 has the potential for greatness, but it's pushed back for the over reliance in crawling, menus and controls.

Shikamaru Ninja said:
. Pilotwings Resort is a retail product, and there is no need for pack-in this early in the game.
There is a need - if the system is pricey enough, a game packin will make people feel better about paying $250 for it.

Dreamwriter said:
There is a need - if the system is pricey enough, a game packin will make people feel better about paying $250 for it.
Well they're probably going to pay $300 for a system, a cradle, and an AR game or two.

Speaking of the cradle, is it an induction charger or are you still plugging something in?

ShockingAlberto said:
Well they're probably going to pay $300 for a system, a cradle, and an AR game or two.

Speaking of the cradle, is it an induction charger or are you still plugging something in?

Seems to be induction, since I can't see a plug on the system besides for the wall socket.

plufim

Dreamwriter said:
I'm hoping they'll have a bunch of demos and a few small games and applications preloaded on the 3DS. Like that augmented reality thing with the "?" card that spawned a goddam dragon.

I'm really hoping we see something surprising for Wii. This is coming into what may be the last year for the Wii.

Personally, I'm itching for a second Donkey Kong Country Returns. Oh, and I won't get my hopes up, but maybe some goddam pikmin 3 footage.

plufim said:
I'm hoping they'll have a bunch of demos and a few small games and applications preloaded on the 3DS. Like that augmented reality thing with the "?" card that spawned a goddam dragon.

I'm really hoping we see something surprising for Wii. This is coming into what may be the last year for the Wii.

Personally, I'm itching for a second Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Will not happen.
Not for the Wii, at least.
3DS/Super Wii, sure.

duckroll

There will be stage presentations from third party developers on all 3 days. The first day has a MGS presentation from the producer Matsuhana, and a Kid Icarus presentation from Sakurai. The second day has a presentation on SSFIV 3D and something else I forgot. The last day has a Level 5 presentation from Hino, and Nintendogs + Cats I think.

plufim

AceBandage said:
Will not happen.
Not for the Wii, at least.
3DS/Super Wii, sure.
Just let me have my dream :(

duckroll said:
There will be stage presentations from third party developers on all 3 days. The first day has a MGS presentation from the producer Matsuhana, and a Kid Icarus presentation from Sakurai. The second day has a presentation on SSFIV 3D and something else I forgot. The last day has a Level 5 presentation from Hino, and Nintendogs + Cats I think.
But Nintendo don't support 3rd parties! Maybe they're just being invited on the stage so Iwata can personally kick them in the junk in public.

Seriously though, this is excellent. Level 5's presentation should be fantastic.

I can see DKCR 2 happening on the Wii actually. Next year looks depressing and that would fill some gap

AceBandage said:
Not from this.
We'll get it from the January 19th event in New York.

the Japanese are going to get it from the NYC event as well? Uhmm

Boney

Banned
duckroll said:
Pretty excited to see MGS and KI.

plufim

Anasui Kishibe said:
I can see DKCR 2 happening on the Wii actually. Next year looks depressing and that would fill some gap
This is what I am thinking. Nintendo need a game for holiday 2011, and Zelda might actually be out before then.

Linkup

More like third parties don't support Nintendo "Here is how we ported this to make a quick buck at launch!". Outside of Capcom's RE what was built from the ground up and looks it? There really isn't much right now.

plufim

Linkup said:
More like third parties don't support Nintendo "Here is how we ported this to make a quick buck at launch!". Outside of Capcom's RE what was built from the ground up and looks it? There really isn't much right now.
The Level 5 stuff, for one. And remember this, is a console launch. The first round of games is always pretty rough.

That said... yeah, it could be better. I hope we see decent 3rd party support kick in quicker than it did for DS. Everyone backed the PSP horse, and I'd think this time around, 3rd parties are going to consider the 3DS seriously from the start, even if PSP2 is as powerful as the sun.

hatchx

Banned
7.Ridge Racer 3D
9.Nintendogs + Cats
10.Kid Icarus
11.Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
12.Steel Diver
13.Pilot Wings Resort
14.AR Games
15.Nintendo 3DS Camera

Anything not on this list I wouldn't expect at launch.

Top Bottom