• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you call this type of coat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Ya, I guess so. Most of the ones I've seen it looks like carpet material for the shearling and it just makes it look like a little kid's jacket. :/

Random with no name or info of where to buy it? Ya, I'm sure he's rushing out to buy it now.

no need to be a dick

I was actually looking at one of these jackets a few months ago. Decided to pass up on it. The Dark Knight Rises trailer comes out, and lo and behold, Bane is wearing the same type of jacket. I was so goddamn happy I didn't purchase it when I had the chance. I knew a ton of people would all of a sudden be interested in it just because they saw it in a trailer. I didn't want to be mistaken for one of these people.

I audibly laughed after opening this thread and seeing the pictures. I knew this would happen, and after TDKR releases next summer, expect to see a ton of people attempting to rock this type of jacket and failing miserably.

Except if you get a nice jacket with shearling, get a nice fit, wear it with a nice outfit, you'll blow everyone else of the water along with their burlington coat factory coats.

Lamel

Banned
This type of jacket only really looks good if you're..

1.) living in a cold/snowy environment
2.) have at least an average to muscular build

Walking down the street in NYC with that sort of coat may just seem out of touch (then again the shit you see in NYC isn't really normal to begin with).

plasmasd

I've wanted one of these jackets since I first played the Microprose B-17 game. I wont spend $600-$1000 for a jacket. Maybe in another 15 years..

Nekofrog

Banned
I was actually looking at one of these jackets a few months ago. Decided to pass up on it. The Dark Knight Rises trailer comes out, and lo and behold, Bane is wearing the same type of jacket. I was so goddamn happy I didn't purchase it when I had the chance. I knew a ton of people would all of a sudden be interested in it just because they saw it in a trailer. I didn't want to be mistaken for one of these people.

I audibly laughed after opening this thread and seeing the pictures. I knew this would happen, and after TDKR releases next summer, expect to see a ton of people attempting to rock this type of jacket and failing miserably.

you must be a popular guy at parties

no need to be a dick

Except if you get a nice jacket with shearling, get a nice fit, wear it with a nice outfit, you'll blow everyone else of the water along with their burlington coat factory coats.

Sorry, but so many people do it like it's helpful. So many game recommendations are cryptic screenshots or tvs that are random google images. It just gets frustrating.

That still looks like carpet samples instead of the wool they use. :/

HiResDes

Hey I have a similar jacket:

GLXAU.jpg

Phenomic

I went searching for a bomber/avatar jacket a long time ago.

Ended up finding the coat I wear all the time in a Wilsons Leather Outlet. It doesn't have the top fleece or whatever you wanna call that, but it is a similar brown style.

I should have bought like 4 of them had I known how much I was going to love it because they certainly don't make it any more. However, hind sight is 20/20 because 400$ for jackets wouldn't have been a good idea.

I guess I'm that guy, but whatever; I liked how it looked on Leon in RE4, so I wanted a similar one. Found one that is a little darker and suits my style a little more.

CFMOORE!

That still looks like carpet samples instead of the wool they use. :/

they will all look like that, hence the "shearling" name. all that matters is that it doesn't feel like a bath towel/carpet around your neck, which it won't.

I went searching for a bomber/avatar jacket a long time ago.

Ended up finding the coat I wear all the time in a Wilsons Leather Outlet. It doesn't have the top fleece or whatever you wanna call that, but it is a similar brown style.

I should have bought like 4 of them had I known how much I was going to love it because they certainly don't make it any more. However hind sight is 20/20 because 400$ for jackets wouldn't have been a good idea.

I guess I'm that guy, I liked how it looked on Leon in RE4, so I wanted a similar one. Found one that is a little darker and suits my style a little more.

nothing wrong with liking a style. I am sitting here in my cold office wearing this:

http://www.shop-steady.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DRIVE004

Amagon

This type of jacket only really looks good if you're..

1.) living in a cold/snowy environment
2.) have at least an average to muscular build

Walking down the street in NYC with that sort of coat may just seem out of touch (then again the shit you see in NYC isn't really normal to begin with).

Aint that the truth

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Love when fashion threads bleed into regular gaf.

It's all been said before: sherling aviator, was around long before RE4 and no you don't have nearly enough swag to pull it off OP.

Loxley

I've always liked the look of Aviator jackets, they're definitely comfortable. Didn't these make a come-back in style between 2004-2006? I figured that's why Leon was sporting one in RE4. I remember a lot of guys back in high school had them.

Now I think they only really look cool if you've got the appropriate height and build (tall and relatively muscular). Otherwise they can look pretty goofy.

lil smoke

Banned
I've always liked the look of Aviator jackets, they're definitely comfortable. Didn't these make a come-back in style between 2004-2006? I figured that's why Leon was sporting one in RE4. I remember a lot of guys back in high school had them.

Now I think they only really look cool if you've got the appropriate height and build (tall and relatively muscular). Otherwise they can look pretty goofy.

I think they are pretty much timeless, they are always in trend. I find that a lot of people have Aviators that are just too small and tight. When they fit well, they are very cool, but you need to have the Aviator sunglasses if you want to do it right.

Even in that pic, his looks good, but a tad bit too small.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
They usually give you a bell-shaped silhouette. That's why it doesn't look good on most people.

Anyway there are many variations, and it looks different on different people. Try it in store to figure it out.

I think they are pretty much timeless, they are always in trend. I find that a lot of people have Aviators that are just too small and tight. When they fit well, they are very cool, but you need to have the Aviator sunglasses if you want to do it right.

Even in that pic, his looks good, but a tad bit too small.

Not at all. This can end up making it look like a costume. It can look right, or not. You better be one of those models on motorcycles kind of guy if you're gonna do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom