• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you have for breakfast every day?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Which cereals?

I thought I picked a pretty benign one, low in sugar, with Corn Flakes, but the LOOKS I get from fucking people when I mention that I eat it. "OMG dude, all the GMOs" etc etc. What are healthy cereals then?

For me it's Fibre 1 Honey Clusters or All Bran Multi Grain Crunch.

I find this an interesting meal to discuss, because it's usually the one people can't (or won't) invest as much time in. You're waking up for work, you're racing against the clock more than most other meals, you're tired/groggy, etc.
That’s why I drink Soylent Coffiest for breakfast every morning - it’s fast, takes no preparing, tastes a lot like a cold Mocha. And theoretically has all the nutrients you need, plus caffeine.

DrSlek

Coffee. Always coffee.
Sometimes porridge, sometimes yogurt, sometimes hash browns, sometimes a mousse, but always coffee.

AEREC

2 eggs over easy and 2 slices of gluten free (wife has celiac so no gluten in the house) multigrain toast with coconut oil. Along with a double shot Americano.

Starting with IF tomorrow so I will be skipping breakfast on weekdays, except for the coffee.

2 egg omelette with diced tomato, mushroom, spring onion and a few sprinklings of worcestershire sauce. Oh plus a huge glass of water and snuck in half a glass of natural pulp OJ.

Friggz

Happy with it? Weight loss? Feel better?

my wife and i started a keto diet and i thought this was the best 'meet in the middle meal' for breakfast. I had normally consumed about a gallon of milk per day and thought this was the best way to cut back but still enjoy it.

as for the weight loss, yes, im down 30 pounds in those 8 months with breakfast being literally the only thing i changed (dinner is always a protein/veggie, lunch is tuna or some other type of fish). I feel much better and find i have much more energy through the day.

i really thought id get tired of it, like most people do when they eat the same thing a few days in a row, but i dont see that happening..yet.

kaiju

I'm all cereal, like Seinfeld.

1435220321756.jpg

4 eggs w onion and Canadian bacon
4 slices whole wheat toast
Banana if I have one that hasn't gone brown
Glass of water
Mug of green tea afterwards

I get up at like 2pm each day so I never have breakfast. Whenever I do have to wake up earlier than that I'll leave it until the last minute and never have time for breakfast. Can't remember the last time I actually got up early in the morning and actually had a proper breakfast.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Bread, feta cheese, unsalted pistachios, unsalted almonds, walnuts, and avocado(sometimes).
The only breakfast/food I eat almost every single day and not get sick of it. Noon panir for life.

Hyoukokun

Virtually every day: oatmeal (made with whole oats, milk, nuts, and fruit) and a mug of good black tea. I can vary things up a fair bit by throwing different types of nut or fruit in. It takes maybe a minute or two longer to cook than 'instant' oatmeal.

I used to drink a lot of orange or grapefruit juice, but swapped it for the tea when I realized how many extra calories it was adding to my diet.

Maximo

Milk, Protein Powder, Frozen Mixed Berries, Banana, Honey, 2 Servings of Traditional oats blended together.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Rolled Oats oatmeal
Chia seeds
Peanut/Almond butter
Some raisins, and half a banana

All together.

Oatmeal every day.

Usually with a scoop of whey protein, a little PB2, and some raisins. If I'm lucky there will be fresh blueberries and raw almonds in there too.

If I want to go crazy then I'll put in a little maple syrup and real peanut butter instead of the other stuff.

If you want to go really buck wild you can put in powdered hot cocoa mix into your oatmeal, and it's basically desert.

If you're in a rush and you're a dirtbag you can mix in instant coffee.

Oatmeal is the best

psyfi

Banned
Some kind of veggie scramble with two eggs. Sweet potatoes, onion, kale, spinach, and garlic is pretty typical. Sometimes I also toss in broccoli, mushrooms, brussel sprouts, chard, and whatever else sounds good.

Top Bottom