• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think the main game for Nintendo's E3 2018 will be?

Atheerios

In 2016 it was the The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and then in 2017 it was Super Mario Oddysey.

What games do you believe will take the spotlight for Nintendo's next E3? Or at least which franchise?

I don't think Kirby, Yoshi or Fire Emblem are big enough to deserve it, nor a port or remaster (like an hypothetical Smash Wii U port).

I can see them making Pokemon the main game for E3 2018 and then Metroid Prime 4 for E3 2019, but it really depends on how far is development for the games.

Fireblend

Banned
Neither Metroid nor Pokémon seem to be far along enough to be shown at the next E3, much less make them the spotlight like Odyssey in this E3 or BotW in the previous one.

My guess would be something unannounced, like Animal Crossing or Pikmin for Switch. I see Fire Emblem being it as well, honestly. It's become a much bigger brand recently.

I don't think there will be a single big title next year. Metroid Prime kinda but it doesn't have the mass appeal but fans should be happy.

I think they have much more to show next year rather than focusin on one or few games.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Waaaaaaaaaaay too early to be asking that question as we have no idea what Nintendo could be cooking up and even then they don't show everything at E3 and keep a few titles a secret till a later time.

Next Smash at the beginning, Super Mario Maker 2 and a new IP at the end.

Pikmin 4 and Metroid Prime 4 will be shown but not at the level of the preceding 3.

Bakkus

We're bound to have a few directs before that time. Said game is likely to be announced in one of those.

TDLink

It will be Pokemon. Metroid Prime will be the focus in 2019.

Smash will be announced in a Direct imo.

shira

In 2016 it was the The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and then in 2017 it was Super Mario Oddysey.

What games do you believe will take the spotlight for Nintendo's next E3? Or at least which franchise?

I don't think Kirby, Yoshi or Fire Emblem are big enough to deserve it, nor a port or remaster (like an hypothetical Smash Wii U port).

I can see them making Pokemon the main game for E3 2018 and then Metroid Prime 4 for E3 2019, but it really depends on how far is development for the games.
Metroid is usually sizzle reel/trailer only. Would be hugely surprised if it was featured.

Berordn

Without knowing what they've even got to show this is a dumb question.

If it's something they've announced, Metroid Prime 4 would be an easy title to make a media darling, even if the game won't sell gangbusters.

piggychan

Animal Crossing

I quickly did this on pshop.. maybe I'm too optimistic
u5hOwv1.jpg

Nintendo could also bring Monster Hunter XX to the west..

watershed

Banned
It won't be a game like Animal Crossing. It's a huge seller for Nintendo but not the kind of game you build your entire E3 presence around. It's too casual and doesn't command the kind of attention Mario, Zelda, or Metroid do. I could see Metroid if it's ready or some other big franchise we haven't heard anything from yet.

Is FE now big enough to be an E3 headlining game?

I'm gonna go ahead and say Pokemon will be the surprise trailer at the end, while the bulk of the presentation will be MP4. I also think MP4 will have an official unveiling around January, much like Mario Odyssey did.

Also, Kirby and Yoshi won't be at E3 because those games will already be released by March at the latest.

watershed said:
Is FE now big enough to be an E3 headlining game?

Not even close. Like, It's a fraction of how popular it would need to be.

Animal crossing, whatever retro is doing, Mario maker.

A non-smash sakurai game, maybe.

Prime 4 gets a teaser for a 2019 release

Kyzer

Banned
It depends on these two factors:

A) whether or not Sakurai is going all out for Smash Switch
B) when Game Freak started development on Gen 8

Honestly I hope its neither of these games and they take their time because I want them both to be amazing

I'd be happy with Animal Crossing and a trailer for Smash 2019

Metroid Prime, Fire Emblem Switch, and some sort of Smash. This is what we know is being worked on (except Smash, which is just a guess but seems likely).

DMONKUMA

I'd probably wager it will be a game that's announced early next year and has a release towards the holidays similar to how odyssey was revealed and showcased.

I'd imagine retro's game would be revealed at E3 than beforehand(since iirc none of their game have been revealed outside of E3). It will probably be similar to the Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon in terms of announcements and reception.

Zelda

At that point it has been 2 years since the core of BOTW was finished, quality of life / delay it for switch mid 2016.

AppleBlade

Well, they showed a Metroid Teaser this E3. They're not going to just completely ignore it (that would be weird) and they also have to show more than the logo teaser that they did this year (that would also be weird). Showing/discussing gameplay seems like the logical thing to show and since it's a console metroid that automatically makes it the big game of 2018.

My wish would be that 3rd parties that were sitting it out make a big splash for the Switch at the next E3 (and when I say "big splash" I mean relative to a typical Nintendo conference).

Top Bottom