• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think the main game for Nintendo's E3 2018 will be?

I know it sells well but does smash even have the same pull as Zelda, Mario, Splatoon and Pokemon?

Kart might even be bigger than Smash.

Genuinely curious.
It's a better seller then Zelda And Splatoon (Splatoon will most likely become bigger tho)

Plus Smash 4 marketing and reveals were on point. There like a billion gaf threads on Smash during the time.

Neonep

Anybody that thinks it will be Pokemon is foolish. That game ain't coming till 2019. Also Pokemon isn't a game they would have to show off at E3.

120v

nintendo e3 tends to be more of a "state of affairs" kind of deal + a few surprises. so i never expect a whole lot

though i guess we're due for another 2d mario or wherever they're going to go after mario maker.

TDLink

Anybody that thinks it will be Pokemon is foolish. That game ain't coming till 2019. Also Pokemon isn't a game they would have to show off at E3.

It's the first console Pokemon game, they will want it to be a big focus.

And they have said Pokemon might make 2018, so it's not impossible. Even if it doesn't, it would likely get pushed to spring 2019, which would still make it a good candidate to show at E3.

Nintendo's windows between announcement and release are much shorter now (Pokemon and Metroid are the exceptions, and both were explicitly done to placate the fans and communicate "Yes, the Switch IS getting them").

Smash being shown off at E3 and hitting in the fall isn't all that crazy, especially if it uses Smash 4 as bedrock, and ESPECIALLY especially if Pokemon and/or Metroid won't be ready in time.

Well, they showed a Metroid Teaser this E3. They're not going to just completely ignore it (that would be weird) and they also have to show more than the logo teaser that they did this year (that would also be weird).

It's not totally unprecedented, though. Breath of the Wild skipped 2015.

Better be Prime 4 if they're so sure about it being 2018.

If there's Smash though, most likely that.

Any implication you read that Prime 4 would come out 2018 was retracted a while ago.

It's the first console Pokemon game, they will want it to be a big focus.

And they have said Pokemon might make 2018, so it's not impossible. Even if it doesn't, it would likely get pushed to spring 2019, which would still make it a good candidate to show at E3.

Unless it's a big drastic change in the series (it won't be), there won't be that much emphasis on it. Remember how Sun/Moon demoed in 2016 (I literally fell asleep watching)? Besides, GameFreak usually presents Pokemon their own way.

Zukkoyaki

I wouldn't expect either Pokemon or Prime 4 to be playable next year

My guess is that they will pull the old announce at E3 and release in the fall trick with Retro's game

Neoxon

Probably either Smash, Animal Crossing, Retro's game, or Fire Emblem.

I'm not expecting either Pokémon Gen 8 or Metroid Prime 4 until 2019 (maybe later for MP4). And even then, TPC & Game Freak usually advertises Pokémon on their own terms. That's not to say that Gen 8 won't have a presence at its E3, but it may not be the focus.

Neoxon

I think Pokemon will be a february 2019 release so it being E3 big game makes sense.
Wouldn't Holiday 2019 make more sense given the last few mainline releases since they started to release the games around the same timeframe in all regions?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's a better seller then Zelda And Splatoon (Splatoon will most likely become bigger tho)

Plus Smash 4 marketing and reveals were on point. There like a billion gaf threads on Smash during the time.

smash 4 hyping with gaf was some of my most favorite times

Neoxon

Metroid Prime 4 and Retro's new game. If they don't show anything for next year I'll be worried af.
They'll definitely show something, but the way Nintendo presented MP4 last E3 didn't aspire confidence for a 2018 release. Even Fire Emblem Switch had a somewhat-nailed-down 2018 release timeframe when it was revealed.

Zero83

NintendoLand 2

Seriously though, probably whatever Retro is working on, but Nintendo better show it off before E3.

watershed

Banned
I think it's gonna be Animal Crossing.

Animal Crossing is a huge franchise for Nintendo but not a showcase title for E3. Animal Crossing Switch won't create the kind of excitement among attendees that leads to 2+ hour lines like Nintendo has had for the last 2 E3s with Zelda BOTW and Mario Odyssey. It would take Prime 4 or Smash or something else, not a very laid back, casual, chill game like AC.

Rvaisse

Animal Crossing.

It's one of nintendo's biggest ip.
It's popular amongts casual and avid gamers.
It's a fun and easy setting to make a booth.

Mark1

Still don't know what Retro are doing, Pokemon will never be a main game demonstrated at E3 for Nintendo, Metroid will probably only get a teaser or something.

There's very little else we know about Nintendo's output for 2018. Pikmin exists (for Switch?) and I assume Animal Crossing will be coming along the way too (please. I want a Switch HD version!). Smash Bros I can't see being shown for another year or two at least. Oh Yoshi, Kirby and Fire Emblem are there too.Possibilities of another Mario Maker game?

It'll likely be a mixture of the above plus maybe a new title. Main title wise not sure if Nintendo will have one to show which will be of the same calibur as Breath of the Wild/Mario Odyssey.

kizmah

It's obviously going to be the soulsborne reimagining of Eternal Darkness by Retro. It's either that or Endless Ocean 3.

On a serious note, what the hell is Retro even up to?

Edit: On the most serious note, I would consider selling my soul for a new Eternal Darkness by Retro.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
e3 2018 could be massive - there def wont be just "one" big game - too much going on.

Prime 4, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem + Smash Bros are likely.

So are Pikmin 4, Retros Next Game, Luigis Mansion 3 by NLG etc.

Dont think we will see Pokemon at e3 - with the way Switch is performing i dont see them unveiling/releasing a new title next year.

Donkey Kong x Assassin's Creed
Hah, this made me laugh.

I hope Nintendo takes a few more risks with new stuff like Splat and Arms, alongside their usual games. I'm not a fan of Smash but I reckon they should try to knock that out by end of Q1 2018 if it's gonna be a port job with extras like MK8D.

Hopefully Retro's new game...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Mario Party 11 (Switch)
Donkey Konga 4 (Switch)
Steel Diver Switch (Switch)
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze 3D (3DS)

saker

Neo Member
I think about Smash Brothers. Would be amazing. But Nintendo please don't release a new shitty app for party chat

Top Bottom