• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What DS game to get a girlfriend for christmas?

From this list, which one is the best (with price in mind and "borrowbility" (so i can play it after her)):

Animal Crossing Wild World
Elite Beat Agents
Yoshi's Island DS

I'm leaning towards EBA but the other games have the cutesy factor. I went to an EB with her once and she got turned off by Nintendogs so that's out of the question. Cooking Mama is a great choice as it is hella cheap but I think she's playing a friend's borrowed copy.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Elite Beat Agents, if you're intent on actually playing after her.

Or you could share a house in Animal Crossing at the same time, but then you're effectively competing for resources.

Rushmore

Elite Beat Agents.

It's an aphrodesiac. Her heart rate will increase and her senses will heighten. It's almost unfair.

R0nn

I totally read that as you asking us what game you should get so you could get laid this christmas.

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
6102.jpg

No, I'm not kidding,
seriously.

edit: think of that as the DS version

I had a regular DS, I wanted the DS Lite when it came out. My fiance wasn't having it, thought it was a waste of money when I already had a DS. I proceded to introduce my fiance to Animal Crossing. A week later, she says "you know, if you still want that DS Lite, go ahead"

She plays animal crossing every day, has for going on 8 months.

ryutaro's mama said:
Super Princess Peach

she has it and likes it

yilmazz said:
My gf loves animal crossing.. but if it's more a present for yourself I'd pick EBA.

:D yeah im a cheapass

xaosslug said:
you should not get your girlfriend a DS game for Christmas.

oh, the DS game is among a group of other smaller gifts

Indigo said:
Another vote for Phoenix Wright.

i played and beat this game and although i do love it, there's too much reading for it to grab her attention

Rexaur

Mine likes Yoshi's Island (even though it drives her nuts...I haven't even gotten a chance to play it and it's my game), Partners in Time, NSMB...

So if she can handle the challenge, get Yoshi, but through longevity, maybe AC would be good for her (this should be about her and not you xD).

I have EBA but she hasn't played it yet, but I don't think it would be her cup of tea.

I haven't been able to touch my DS in months because she's had it, but I don't care, I'll be getting a Lite come Xmas.

Buying an Xmas gift for your GF, with the intention of it being a hidden gift for yourself? Nooooo...

maxmars

"42 All Time Classics" would be a great gift, she's bound to find a few games she already know how to play that she likes. If you have two DSs it's even better because you can play together with one cartridge.

It's the one game I play in restaurants when I travel for work and have to eat alone -- Mahjongg or solitaire in a chinese restaurant is quite the chill. :)

Get a Castlevania (DoS or PoR). Pretty boys, very manageable difficulty, smooth mechanics, lots to collect.

Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, Cooking Mama, and Phoenix Wright are good bets, too.

okay ive decided to be more selfless and get animal crossing because it's the least shareable of all the games. and i think she'll like it the most

Meier

My girlfriend has played *countless* hours of Animal Crossing on her DS. She bought Yoshi's Island 2 but got frustrated at the jumping and pretty much gave up on it.. she has shown some interest in Princess Peach, so that might be worth looking into as well, but I'd say AC is the safest bet.

I bought my wife Yoshi's Island DS (only $24 at Target this week). She's a sucker for any and all 2D platformers.

Oh, and she absolutely hates Animal Crossing. She's got issues with 3D games, other than Katamari.

yilmazz

muttyeah416 said:
okay ive decided to be more selfless and get animal crossing because it's the least shareable of all the games. and i think she'll like it the most

What a sublime thought. :)

valparaiso

I had an Al Sharpton friend...Once! Well not a friend really, but we talked a few times. Well one time. Well I yelled out my window "GET OFF MY LAWN!"
buy rocket slime ds

rocket slime

it has the 3 points needed to make girls wappy!

1.- cute slime
2.- puns
3.- you can play it if she doesn't like it
4.- far more available then that's so raven

Nicktals

Banned
Feel the Magic. The only game my girlfriend has EVER been better than me at, and it's actually a good *gasp* portable game, best in short 15 minute bursts (although my girl would play it for hours and hours at a time...that, however, made her hands tired....)

winalot

Just registering my interest in the thread, my girlfriend's buying herself a DS for Christmas so games are an easy gift idea for me. I was already thinking about NSMB, Yoshi's Island and Trauma Center. I don't think she'd like EBA and she'd soon figure out I got it for myself :lol

Nicktals said:
Feel the Magic. The only game my girlfriend has EVER been better than me at, and it's actually a good *gasp* portable game, best in short 15 minute bursts (although my girl would play it for hours and hours at a time...that, however, made her hands tired....)

Don't forget The Rub Rabbits, even though it's hard as hell. It'll have her asking you where babies come from.

Top Bottom