• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Mr Hyde

On the last stretch now on Bulletstorm. Playing as Duke Nukem really made this game so much better. I remember playing it somewhere around 2012 and while it was a fun romp, it was nothing memorable. With Duke in it, the scenery has changed.

The funniest thing is how the developers have handled Dukes reaction to the other supporting characters calling him the original main characters name. In the original Bulletstorm, you played as Grayson Hunt, and since only Duke has gotten new lines recorded, the supporting characters are constantly calling Duke "Gray", prompting a very annoyed answer back from Duke.

"When are you assholes gonna remember my fucking name!"

And the supporting characters never respond to this, not once, still insisting on calling him "Gray" and Duke just flips out. 🤣

In a flashback scene in the beginning, one character asks Duke a very specific question, to which Duke replies "How the fuck should I know, I'm not even supposed to be here".

The dialogue exchange work because the whole game is just so ridiculously over the top with its humor and violence, that instead of questioning Dukes appearance, you go along with it because how funny and absurd everything is.

Justin9mm

On the last stretch now on Bulletstorm. Playing as Duke Nukem really made this game so much better. I remember playing it somewhere around 2012 and while it was a fun romp, it was nothing memorable. With Duke in it, the scenery has changed.

The funniest thing is how the developers have handled Dukes reaction to the other supporting characters calling him the original main characters name. In the original Bulletstorm, you played as Grayson Hunt, and since only Duke has gotten new lines recorded, the supporting characters are constantly calling Duke "Gray", prompting a very annoyed answer back from Duke.

And the supporting characters never respond to this, not once, still insisting on calling him "Gray" and Duke just flips out. 🤣

In a flashback scene in the beginning, one character asks Duke a very specific question, to which Duke replies "How the fuck should I know, I'm not even supposed to be here".

The dialogue exchange work because the whole game is just so ridiculously over the top with its humor and violence, that instead of questioning Dukes appearance, you go along with it because how funny and absurd everything is.
Could you imagine a proper new next gen Duke Nukem 3D game that is faithful to the original.. :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
Once my family has been moved to our new apartment (one floor below the old one at $100/month cheaper), I hook everything up to the televisions. First thing I do, of course, is plug in the Sega Saturn and play Dead or Alive for an hour or so. Good Heavens, that videogame is fan-freaking-tastic. Might be at the very top of my "JP Saturn Games We Missed" list.

Rodolink

after finishing Pokemon Sun (took longer than expected, because wanted to practice German so I played it in german 😭 wasn't aware they talked so much in this entry)
I said enough RPG for now.
But that JRPG fatigue lasted 5 minutes because my body automatically went and grabbed the Bravely Default new box, unwrapped the foil carefully swapped game cards and now I ended up starting another 50+ hr game. 🤦🏻‍♂️
But I also started that egocentric crap out of Kojima, Death Stranding, lets see.

Gandih42

Bought a Switch recently and currently playing Breath of the Wild which is my first ever Zelda game. Acquired the Master Sword the other day and beat my second Divine beast last night. The big lizard one on Death Mountain.

Really loving the game, I totally get why it got all the hype or did! I don't even mind the somewhat divisive weapon durability.

Got Astral Chain and the Xenoblade Chronicles remake for when I'm done with Zelda. But seriously considering buying Octopath - played 20 hours on an ex's Switch and loved it, but not sure how I'd feel about starting all over.

Tschumi

GT6 and Persona 5 for PS3, and Persona 3 Portable on my Vita. I'm also replaying Persona 4 to try different relationships and really try to get the special combination personas.

Vyndktvx

Neo Member
Fallout 4. Never touched it again after I initially finished it the first time. I remembered being massively disappointed with the game, with the news that MS bought Zenimax I figured I’d give it another try, see if my opinion had changed. So far my opinion is more mixed. There’s some stuff I’m generally enjoying, but it just doesn’t measure up to New Vegas in my eyes. Curious to see what they learned from FO4 and applied to Starfield’s development.

green_gibs

Neo Member
Just finished Yakuza 6. Not sure if I should play My Friend Pedro, Judgment on PS4, or just continue on with my REmake PC run.

mango drank

Faffin aboot with some oldies on PS Now:
- Ico
- Red Faction
- Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (damn, this would be amazing to explore in VR, shame the devs didn't want to add it)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Drakengard (PS2)
I get a sense I'll regret spending my time on it, but I'll stick around for now.
That game’s gameplay did not age well but the story is batshit crazy! Which in my opinion it’s worth put up with its dated gameplay.

RAIDEN1

I am increasingly tempted in digging out NFS Hot Pursuit for the PS3....more so as we STILL DON'T KNOW if you will be able to play custom tracks....or will you have to improvise in some sorta way...

BigBooper

Witcher 3, my third attempt, didn't make it past the bloody baron the last two times. Game is ok.
Third time's the charm. Honestly just rush through the Bloody Baron stuff. That was a front loaded quest to give enthusiast press something to write about because they tend to latch onto that sort of thing.

To me, that section was always a slog. It gets more entertaining after you're done with the Baron and the swamp.

RAIDEN1

I beat DKC again a month ago and I think it wasn't even that hard. DKC2 on the other hand, definitely has some tricky bits.
The biggest turn off for me, when it comes to those games is the need for pixel perfect jumps....you could be trying endlessly and you just can't make the next ledge..

Kupfer

Third time's the charm. Honestly just rush through the Bloody Baron stuff. That was a front loaded quest to give enthusiast press something to write about because they tend to latch onto that sort of thing.

To me, that section was always a slog. It gets more entertaining after you're done with the Baron and the swamp.
Yeah, I played from first time Skellige to the battle of Kaer Morhen this weekend and I feel burned out again. I honestly hoped the story ends there but now I need a break.

Mr Hyde

30 stars now in Super Mario Galaxy. It's definitely the best 3D Mario game. It's just bursting with creativity, and takes an old formula to new heights. Looks really good too, it has held up incredibly well. Very happy to have this on a current gen platform, nevertheless on a handheld.

drganon

Just beat caligula effect overdose. Highly recommend it. Unique combat system with a very interesting story/characters. Also making progress in mario galaxy ( super Mario 3d all stars version), up to 30 stars.

drganon

I know on my second playthrough, there was nearly a one year gap between when I beat the bloody baron arc and when I continued the story. I didn't hate that part of the game, but I do feel the game is alot more fun after that.

HE1NZ

Banned

Made me want to check it out.

kunonabi

Started playing rogue company. I want to like it but the playerbase is infuriating as hell. I suck at shooters but I keep having to carry my team to victory because they just act like idiots or they decide to troll and just tank the match by doing nothing or quitting.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Started Star Wars Squadrons yesterday and got my new TV in so I've been messing around with various games with HDR.

Anarchistry

Just finished Control, which is an 8/10 game if I've ever played one.

Now, playing Hades, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mega Baseball 3, and Rocket League. Thinking about starting Nier: Automata but I probably should put more of a dent into Hades and SMG.

Last edited:
Hades, the game is just chef's kiss.
Also, picked up SW Squadrons, messed around with it a bit. Will check it out more when I get tired of Hades.

Hnjohngalt

P.T.O IV Ps2 on Ps3 console. With Port Royale 4 out i decided to replay a great WWII naval sim/strat game. Imagine axis vs allies with planes and boats.

Restarted new game of Strange Journey on 3ds. I hope to finish with Lawful aligment this time.

And I am almost done with Star Wars jedi Fallen Order. Just beat Kashyk jungle 100%. One of those games i love but can onky play for 2 or 3 hours at a time.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Did a run of Resident Evil 2 (98) last night. Still such a good game. Comfort food for me at this point. Felt good to bang out an S rank having not finished it in such a long time, although I did have to Google the MO Disk in the lab as I completely missed it. Whoops. I miss the Bowgun in the Remake.

Amory

Started Halo on the master chief collection (PC). Might play through the series if it grabs me.
A weird thing is happening with this playthrough. Halo is...appealing to me? It never has much before, and I've finished 1, 2, 3, and I think Reach in the past. They've always been games I've played out of a sense of obligation because of how popular they were.

Granted I'm replaying the original Halo right now, so maybe this changes as the series comes closer to modern day, but I'm appreciating how dynamic this game feels. There's no scripted events. The game is just combat arena after combat arena, and it's always your choice what to do and what weapons to use to try to advance. It feels weirdly fresh even though it's old.

I'm playing on Heroic, which is tough compared to modern FPS campaigns, and you occasionally get an ill-timed checkpoint which fucks you over with no health and no ammo in a tough spot and you have to figure out a way to get past it.

I'm finally starting to understand the appeal

Last edited:

Tschumi

Damn, 3 Personas at once! :messenger_open_mouth:
My girl got into 4, so I've vicariously fallen in love with it all. The whole friendship mechanic is :messenger_fire::messenger_fire::messenger_fire::messenger_fire:

Edit: atm 4 is my favourite. I haven't played enough of the other titles to know which gameplay features of 4 are series staples, but one thing that i think is definitely unique about 4 is the murder mystery aspect? That really supercharges the appeal..

Last edited by a moderator:
the bosses behind the orange gates were a little tough, so i decided to take a small break and play ikaruga

the fuck is wrong with me

still, super fun, i can finish level 1 on hard now :p

Mr Hyde

Jumped in on NG+ Stir of Dawn expansion for Blasphemous. Been wanting more from this and from the looks of it, it will deliver in spades. So far it's hard as fuck. Was not expecting the enemies to hit so hard, one or two blows and it's game over. Been having some real trouble at a couple of passages, almost to the point of frustration. Can't imagine how later bosses will be. Probably a nightmare. But game is so good so it's hard to complain. A goddamn masterpiece is what it is.

Warablo

Escape From Tarkov and Planet Zoo, just waiting for Cyberpunk. I would play more Hunt: Showdown or Siege if my buddies still played.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Final Fantasy XV
Super Mario Galaxy
Donkey Kong Country 2
Akumajo Dracula - Castlevania Anniversary Collection
Rocket League
Ancestors the Humankind Odyssey
MGSV

Last edited:
Top Bottom