• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game series do you ALWAYS preorder?

Jeff-DSA

There are certain franchises that I always preorder. Some I preorder out of excitement, others because I think they'll be hard to come by if I don't get one locked up early.

I almost always preorder:

-Zelda/Mario/Metroid Releases
-Castlevania Releases (handheld)
-Anything by Atlus that looks interesting
-Metal Gear Solid Releases
-Final Fantasy Releases
-Any shmups I'm interested in
-Madden/NCAA Football (just for the midnight pickups)

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Pre-ordering is pretty pointless IMO. It's not like the game will evaporate if I don't pick it up the moment it's released. Plus I've been burned w/ price drops soon after release far too many times to willingly throw my money away towards something that's not that important on the grand scheme.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
None, more than enough VG stores in my area(thank goodness) that a game being sold out everywhere, just not gonna happen....

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
None, ever.

And I mysteriously am always "very lucky" and get "the last copy" from the stack under the counter. Not gonna fall for that.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
only game I've ever pre-ordered and bought is Civ 4, because I got the collector's edition for the regular edition price on Amazon.

I preordered Oblivion at ebgames, but of course BB had the game at like $10 off at launch, so I just bought it there. Plus it felt good telling the little piece of shit ebgames store clerk that I was cancelling my preorder after getting the game cheaper somewhere else after he told me "it'll be sold out everywhere, you HAVE to preorder it". I'm never going to preorder again after that.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Gaylo, Zelda. Say what you will but the Halo 2 launch at my Gamestop was a pretty fun affair. They could've bombed that building and probably wipe out most of the dorks on that side of Houston.

demi

Last game I ever preordered was Mario Kart Double Dash, because the special bonus disc was included... then I found out pretty much MOST of the copies had this...

Didn't even preorder Halo 2, and I picked up a LE the night of release, and I plan on doing the same with FFXII just to prove these losers who are crying over MGS3 Subsistence that they are tools and BITCHES

EctoPrime

Konami, Atlus, SquareEnix, Shmups and any other games I want knowing that most of these games get discontinued the day of release over here in Australia.

Final Fantasy (although I haven't pre-ordered FFXII yet, since, on a day-to-day basis, I forget it actually exists) and Silent Hill.

Even though the days of having to pre-order games are damn near gone, I still do it for tradition sake. :)

Ponn

Banned
Final Fantasy series just out of habit and excitement. The majority I don't, especially big series because I know I can find them easy. I tend to preorder smaller more obscure titles that are more likely to be short shipped and hard to find like Katamari and Phoenix Wright and stuff like that. Sometimes Castlevania.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Whatever series I'm being properly bribed to preorder...

I'd almost say Zelda, but that's only because there have been preorder bonuses the last few times. Otherwise, it's really not worth it to preorder... if I have to, I'll walk to Wal-Mart and buy a copy. If EB/Gamestop/etc. suffer, that's their loss.

Soul4ger

Castlevania. For console versions, Konami gives a sampler soundtrack, and it's good to be safe for portable ones.

Tarazet

davepoobond said:
i've preordered once in my life.

MGS3: Subsitence LE

I would have preordered it, but I didn't think I could. I wound up getting it from Gamecrazy, watching the bonus DVD once, then tossing it on Ebay and buying a standard edition. Then a couple months later I found a used LE at a Gamestop for $24.99... :lol

I've only preordered two games - Pokémon Yellow and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

However, I will be preordering all handheld CVs and PWAA/GS games.

The only games I ever preordered were for bonuses. Even then, the list is short:
Zelda: OoT
Final Fantasy VII
Phantom Brave
Vampire Savior

With that said, i'll be preordering the next Phoenix Wright to ensure that I will get it before it's discontinued.

Drakken

Games I've preordered in the past/currently have preordered:

Zelda: Wind Waker
The Sims 2 DVD Edition
DDR Extreme
Mario Power Tennis
Donkey Konga
Burnout 3: Takedown
Fable
Katamari Damacy
Guild Wars
Halo 2 LE
Star Wars: KotOR II
Atelier Iris Eternal Mana
New Super Mario Bros.
Zelda: Twilight Princess

And more that I can't remember...man, I used to preorder tons of games. I was also a lot looser with my purchases. I spent way more money on games back then than I do now, unfortunately. Should've just waited and spent less money later. :-/

Series I will be preodering from now on:

Zelda
Halo
Metal Gear Solid
Super Smash Bros.
Mario
Mario Kart
Final Fantasy
Phoenix Wright
WarioWare
Star Wars: KotOR
Guitar Hero

Tain

I've only ever pre-ordered beatmania IIDX 7th-11th Styles.

This trend will continue.

edit: and the Dreamcast + Sonic Adventure, I guess, but I'm not retarded enough to preorder a console again in my life.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mario
Zelda
Castlevania
METAL GEEEEAAAARRRRRRR

Trurl

Banned
I preorderd Majora's Mask out of excitement and Wind Waker for the Master Quest disc. That's the entirety of my preodering history.

Top Bottom