• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games do you currenty have preordered (or are planning to preorder once the option is availabe)?

kicker

Banned
Right now, what's on your preorder list?

A lot of people here have said they only preorder when they trust the devs, want some collectible, or are really attached to the franchise and so ignore potential day 0 issues.
I'm most curious about the first case. What upcoming games do people trust developers to deliver?

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Just FFXVI.

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV+

xrnzaaas

I don't pre-order anymore except for carefully selected titles from studios that I trust. I definitely plan to pre-order 2 of the upcoming Like a Dragon games.

I intended to pre-order Alan Wake 2, but with no physical release that's not gonna happen.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Of the games announced:
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Hades 2
  • Hollow Knight Silksong (but I'm a little cautious because of continuous delays and may like to see/hear a lot more about the game first)

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Final Fantasy XVI. I preorder most Sony platform exclusives on disk and want them day 1 so Spider-Man 2 will be queued up on Amazon when ready I bought the system for those games only. Same for Nintendo, but not all of their exclusives are my thing. Mario, Zelda, Xenoblade, Metroid. I preorder on PC too. I check prices on keys sites and if they are decent and the game is something I will play then I will do that. Hogwarts is a recent example. I did not preorder the Star Wars game because Zelda was on the way, but would have if it was the only thing. Now PC preorders are a week or 2 out, not months like the physical console games.

Bartski

Gold Member
Diablo 4 and Armored Core 6 with some time off booked. I don't see the point of preordering if I know I can't play a game on release, so there are some games I normally would but they'll have to wait due to work.

Tiamat2san

Street fighter 6 ,MK1 (the big digital version as i do for every fighting game) so it will be for Tekken 8 too when possible
And Diablo IV for the Xbox side.

FF XVI for the PS5 side.

I will certainly take alan wake 2 too.

PeteBull

For now D4, preordered back in december, i really wanna play FF16 too but not sure how much of my time D4 gonna take, might be few weeks or few months, depending on how good endgame it will have.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Final fantasy 16 just saving up some more Microsoft rewards points for Amazon gift cards lol

Perrott

Gold Member
Maybe Grand Theft Auto VI just to have it pre-downloaded on my system in advance to the game's launch.

35cent

None for me right now. The only one I would consider pre ordering would be FFXVI but after being badly burnt by XIII and XV I want to see and hear more about it first before I commit to buying it. Also I got a bit of a backlog anyway so I can wait a bit before playing it.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Only one currently ordered is Diablo but will preorder the premium editions of Forza and Starfield even though I have Gamepass Ultimate

BlackTron

I don't really understand preordering these days unless there is some sort of free bonus AND you know you are there day one for a physical copy anyway. The only game that fit both those parameters for me in like 20 years was TOTK. And if Walmart hadn't advertised their free wall scroll I would have just walked into a store and bought the game. Even day one there were tons of copies everywhere.

Yeah maybe there are digital preorder bonuses and stuff but I'm more likely to do the opposite, wait forever and get the ultimate edition of a game for $5 lol

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Nothing. I’ve got credit set aside for Starfield, but I’m not buying until I see some reviews, and hear about performance.

Laptop1991

None, i stopped pre ordering a long time ago now, i wait until a game is out now, then decide, which after the last couple of years on PC has turned out to be a good decision

hinch7

I don't really understand preordering these days unless there is some sort of free bonus AND you know you are there day one for a physical copy anyway. The only game that fit both those parameters for me in like 20 years was TOTK. And if Walmart hadn't advertised their free wall scroll I would have just walked into a store and bought the game. Even day one there were tons of copies everywhere.

Yeah maybe there are digital preorder bonuses and stuff but I'm more likely to do the opposite, wait forever and get the ultimate edition of a game for $5 lol
I buy, play and trade in within the first month of release, on consoles. Maybe lose £5-10 value. Like essentially renting a game, without the pressure.

If I enjoy it I may rebuy down the line for a fraction of the price. If I don't then its a play once and done. Get to play it from launch and avoid potentially getting spoiled by some idiot online weeks/months in.

Last edited:

Aenima

This year, just Final Fantasy XVI.

And thats because its the only game i want to play day 1, and pre-ordering saves me money, as the game (Physical) is cheaper during the pre-order window.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Tears of the kingdom was a great preorder I’m ready to preorder breath of the wild 3 lol
Season 1 Lol GIF by NBC

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
I live in 2023 and just download games on release and sometimes even preload them few days before release day.

Corian33

Diablo IV - No doubt it’s going to be great at this point.

Armored Core VI - Haven’t pre-ordered yet but it’s inevitable.

Top Bottom