• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what happened to pc master race?

PC gamers are not 'the general public'.

They are a 'master race', so cognitively superior that only they are capable of assembling a rig.

I constantly hear how all of their PC's are high end monsters and way better than all consoles and they play demanding games all the time.
However this chart and twitch and every other metric contradicts these assertions.
You know, if you stopped believing all the nonsense the PCGMR crowd spouts wholesale, then you wouldn't have to pretend to be mad at PC gamers in general.

Bryank75

Banned
You are wrong. But people here are used to you being wrong so don't feel bad about it.

According to data from Steam, only like ~2% of gamers are using 2080 Ti. Do the research.

Ridiculous. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I know.... that is exactly what I am saying. How do you not understand?

I guess you didn't recognize the sarcasm.

Last edited:

martino

Knowing you haven’t played it, i can only assume what you’re trying to imply. You mean GoT user score being so high just because it’s a masculine story about honor and defending your country from invaders, while TLoU score sits at such low numbers because of woke influences?
If that’s what you’re implying, you’re wrong, GoT is legitimately a masterpiece. Think Witcher 3 condensated with higher production values and a combat so deep and satisfying will turn your cock into steel.
I have zero doubt you’ll agree with me when you’ll play it for yourself, be it now or emulated in a couple of years, the game won’t age anyway.
Your certainties are so wrong... I ve not finished it because end of act 2 was a huge turn off for me playing as much as possible honor.
So you legit don't know about https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/ghost-of-tsushima-review-boosting/? /doubt

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

They are a 'master race', so cognitively superior that only they are capable of assembling a rig.

I constantly hear how all of their PC's are high end monsters and way better than all consoles and they play demanding games all the time.
However this chart and twitch and every other metric contradicts these assertions.

So you're going to pretend to be shocked that multiplayer/battle royale games played by streamers are top of the charts? So you're either ignorant or being willfully stupid to really try and make this point.

Fbh

Really popular games which are cheap and run decently on low end hardware are selling really well?. You don't say?.

Some people still have this idea that everyone with a steam account is using some beefy high end gaming PC with at least an Rtx2080, lol.

What do the most popular and financially successful games on PC all have in common? They are multiplayer focused, free and/or cheap and designed to still run Ok on a regular non gaming laptop.

Last edited:
Well, hard to agree with one of the best games of all time released this year.

jKyZh7AmtzFheyg3GWUn3k.jpg

Ed1mCEzWkAEcm_8.jpg

For comparison:

hqdefault.jpg

Since my PS4 got fuckd, Im getting the PS5 with the premise of playing some awesome PS4 games that I couldnt play.

This is the best moment for backwards capabilities on a Sony console for me, since ps4 games Will be way cheaper than the Ps5 ones.

I wonder If both Got and TLOU2 Will look similar to the First footage showed with ps5 improvements.

Brofist

You are going to get a skewed perspective here with more PC gamers being on the enthusiast side and more likely to be the 3080 owners.

There was a time where PC gaming for some was playing the free games that came on Windows like Minesweeper. It doesn't matter at the end of the day, play what you enjoy.

Bryank75

Banned
So you're going to pretend to be shocked that multiplayer/battle royale games played by streamers are top of the charts? So you're either ignorant or being willfully stupid to really try and make this point.
No, actually I am the opposite of surprised.
I just find it hilarious that PC gamers like to see themselves as some type of elite and that they need a 3080,
For what?
Why does Rich at review tech need a 3080 or 3090? Do any of these people regularly complete games?

DeaDPo0L84

Really popular games which are cheap and run decently on low end hardware are selling really well?. You don't say?.

Some people still have this idea that everyone with a steam account is using some beefy high end gaming PC with at least an Rtx2080, lol.

What do the most popular and financially successful games on PC all have in common? They are multiplayer focused, free and/or cheap and designed to still run Ok on a regular non gaming laptop.

You should know better than to make a logical post with facts. How will people use fake news to battle over plastic boxes? Think of the trolls!

Reindeer

Nothing happened to PCMR, still playing 99% of the games at higher resolution and framerate than console gamers, playing enhanced games with mods and emulating modern consoles like Switch. No need to make a thread every time your console insecurities get the better of you.

Last edited by a moderator:

silly games for silly streamers

why rtx 3080 and AAA budgets when kids want crap?

You honestly have no clue about anything do you?

Among Us started to gain traction after AdmiralBulldog picked up the game to casually play with his community. AdmiralBulldog plays DOTA 2, a hardcore MOBA that will never be available on consoles (that you will never ever be good at anyway), like 70% of the time and he plays casual games with his community 20% of the time. It's no surprise that a casual game appeals to a wider audience than hardcore games. Just because AdmiralBulldog sometimes plays casual games with his community does not mean he's less competitive or less skilled than most people who play video games. After all... Bulldog is a God Gamer.

Also DOTA 2 will never top the top sellers list because it is FREE.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

I just find it hilarious that PC gamers like to see themselves as some type of elite and that they need a 3080,
For what?
Why does Rich at review tech need a 3080 or 3090? Do any of these people regularly complete games?

You're being incredibly disingenuous to the point it's useless to even respond to you cause you're arguing from a place of being a troll. Honestly you and people like you really suck any potential of having genuine informative conversations cause you just want to post childish drive bys with the intent of being an asshole.

Bryank75

Banned
You are going to get a skewed perspective here with more PC gamers being on the enthusiast side and more likely to be the 3080 owners.

There was a time where PC gaming for some was playing the free games that came on Windows like Minesweeper. It doesn't matter at the end of the day, play what you enjoy.
Yup, I was there. I had Doom and Quake loaded on our first PC but weeks after all I had to mess with was minesweeper, solitaire, some adventure game in a castle with doors and text where you chose the answer and MS paint.

Then he got me Duke Nukem 3d a while after and I thought my brain would explode from how awesome it was at the time 'born to be wiiiiiild'

I got my first GPU around 1998 or 1999.

But back then gamers on PC were so down to earth IMO. SOme of the older gen ones still are but young PC gamers are painful to listen to.

Bryank75

Banned
You're being incredibly disingenuous to the point it's useless to even respond to you cause you're arguing from a place of being a troll. Honestly you and people like you really suck any potential of having genuine informative conversations cause you just want to post childish drive bys with the intent of being an asshole.
Okay, I'm sorry.
It's just my nature.... I am J.R. afterall.

martino

For what?
When you will taste high framerate you'll understand.
For that niche It's all about getting that with no compromises

Last edited:

Vick

Your certainties are so wrong... I ve not finished it because end of act 2 was a huge turn off for me playing as much as possible honor.
Oh so you played and still disagree with what i said? Man, some of you are truly something. Enjoy your real masterpieces.

Not giving them clicks, but let me guess, a site cry for TLoU2 abuse from users and then accuses players of boosti ng the competitor?

Jtibh

Banned
Pc gaming wont evolve as long as we have these fucking streamers who play baby games cuz its cheap shit they advertise to the masses who are ok to spend 2 bucks on garbage.

I shit you not when one of my clients son came home and run straight to his ipad cuz some fucking streamer started his live stream of a game he was playing all along.

Thats todays gamer. Shallow iq fighters.

MiguelItUp

I don't understand the purpose of this thread. Nothing happened to "the pc master race", a lot of these numbers are a result of popular streamers and influencers.

Some of y'all are reaching with these delusional perspectives, lmao.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Pretty much every game is confirmed to have a 60fps mode now on PS5.
Even AC Valhalla, which some people were saying PS5 couldn't do 60....
Yeah but what about 120fps? :messenger_winking_tongue:
And without making compromises, or as it's said in AC Valhalla, a "mode".

zcaa0g

Banned
Playing an RTS with a gamepad on a console must be awesome. Same with playing DCS or IL2 on a console. Oh wait.

notseqi

Nothing happened to PC gaming. That we don't complain doesn't work out to be a point of contempt. Similiar to Nintendo.

Shit's aight.

ACESHIGH

Banned
I really don't understand the purpose of this thread or similar ones where Sony fans throw shade at the platform. Lots of salt vs PC gaming since Sony stated to its shareholders that they will double down on PC efforts and the 30XX GPUs were released.

PC gaming its on its golden age regarding availability, ease of use and game catalog. I take modern PC gaming vs the wild west of the 90s any day.

All the negative stereotypes that console gamers typically use as ammo vs PC gamers come from those days (hours installing drivers, troubleshooting, no controller support, no comfy couch, 5000 USD minimum for a gaming PC, constant and mandatory upgrades) Besides, we can easily play games from those days right now on PC as infinite BC is a thing.

Last edited:

notseqi

I really don't understand the purpose of this thread or similar ones where Sony fans throw shade at the platform. Lots of salt vs PC gaming since Sony stated to its shareholders that they will double down on PC efforts and the 30XX GPUs were released.

PC gaming its on its golden age regarding availability, ease of use and game catalog. I take modern PC gaming vs the wild west of the 90s any day where installing a game was half of the fun. All the negative stereotypes that console gamers typically use as ammo vs PC gamers come from those days (hours installing drivers, troubleshooting, no controller support, no comfy couch, 5000 USD minimum for a gaming PC, constant and mandatory upgrades) Besides, we can easily play games from those days right now on PC as infinite BC is a thing.
There is no real argument, this is all bait.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Everything has compromises, even the top cards when Ray tracing is on will have compromises.
There are many games with 120... GT7, Dirt, COD, DMCV and others.
Oh nice, didn't know about the 120fps support. You'll surely understand why people spend money on expensive graphic cards once you try it.

There is no real argument, this is all bait.
The same could be said about this thread itself.

LOLCats

Banned
thats what i was jokingly saying, no one complains there are not any RTX launch games...

i am surprised at that list. musta been some sales idk.

Skifi28

What's popular and what enthusiasts play are two entirely different things. Many people have a crappy laptop to play Terraria and Minecraft and that's all the gaming they do. That's cool with me.

Stuart360

The reality is that most PC gamers have weak hardware and most likely cannot run the more demanding games.
The reality is you're talking bollocks. a 1060 is the most common used card on Steam, which is more powerful than the most powerful console currently in the OneX. And a year from now, the 3070 and 3080 will be the most common cards used on Steam, both more powerful than XSX and PS5.

Top Bottom