• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What has Sony done to advance gaming as a whole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I mentioned it up above, but I’ll got back through it just for you Red.

My intro is fair questions, fanboy doom is how you chose to read it.

Invest in single player games - They all did forever, and still do. You guys like to make like MS or Nintendo don’t make single player games anymore, but they do, you then go on about 3rd party only making multiplayer games,

Fuck it I read to the end, accusing me of being a voost alt, or being even similar to him is offensive to me. I pm’d you and tried to massage your ego after you realized not everyone lost thier report button.

Fuck you. I still have my report button, because I don’t use it on every frivilous thing ever. Stop being a baby and accusing people of everything all day.

This is where I end it.

Read your bs, biased responses to ppls valid points of Sony advancing gaming. Some you don't even acknowledge trying to push your narrative. When you do tht its clear you have an agenda. Your post wreaks of hypocrisy and sorry if you have a soft skin but I call it as I see it.

Fuck you? Wow keyboard gangsta your scaring me lol foh with tht bs tough Tony.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I mentioned it up above, but I’ll got back through it just for you Red.
The top post on page 3 is not an answer to the question given, so id love to hear what it is is.

I also hope you took the points ive raised to heart.

Lastly, since i remember you are not like this, i have to ask if there is something else going on. The often made remark usually is ''Are you drunk?'' but i'd like to hear it from your end.

Because it seems to me that there is more to this thread than what your OP and posts are trying to give off.

Last edited:

nikolino840

For me personally, they give me great games that no other console give me, like ICO/SOTC/Last Guardian, Gravity Rush series, Bloodborne and third party exclusives like Persona, SMT Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, God Hand and Drakengard series. For me it’s all about games, there is good reason why I chose Sony and Nintendo over XBox because they simply give me games I care about.
Wich One was your First PlayStation?

Kagey K

Banned
The Freedom Gate Co is strong in this one.
Fuck you im me and not him. If you can’t be bothered to discuss the topic. Fuck off.

There seem to be many other people willing to have a debate about it, shitpost somewhere else.

If you truly believe I’m an alt report me. Just hope it doesn’t backfire.

Last edited:

PocoJoe

Banned
Made consoles for gaming.

Not some shitty low perf but expensive systems with gimmicks like Nintendo.

It is easy to say that they didnt do this and that for the first.

But they did them best

Kagey K

Banned
You alright fellow gaffer? This is not a rhetorical or facetious question, I genuinely want to know if you're alright.
I’m fine until people accuse me of something I’m not.

I worked hard to try to help rebuild this community and carry on legitimate conversations after the split.

For someone to try to undermine all that now, pisses me off to no end and I’m going to lash out. Ban worthy or not.

llien

How have they advanced the gaming community to make it a better place?

They contrast with Microsoft and are better for not doing crap MS di.
E.g. they didn't introduce fees for network play in PS3.
This was and still is nice

:

On the other hand, going #taliban was not.

I worked hard to try to help rebuild this community and carry on legitimate conversations after the split.

For someone to try to undermine all that now, pisses me off to no end and I’m going to lash out. Ban worthy or not.
Yeah... "Lashing out" at people who did just answer your questions, is still a bit iffy. There is nothing much left to put on the plate, what others haven't contributed, but my bad attempt at humor up there was the picture your answers to those "real" points painted.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned

Fair enough, that's good enough for me. Carry on.
giphy.gif

Other than, VR, they have been good competition for segax nintendo and microsoft.

Imagine a world where microsoft did what it wanted with no competition? Not good for anyone

theHFIC

Fuck you im me and not him. If you can’t be bothered to discuss the topic. Fuck off.

There seem to be many other people willing to have a debate about it, shitpost somewhere else.

If you truly believe I’m an alt report me. Just hope it doesn’t backfire.

i don’t think you are an alt. i think you are just on the same intelligence level as FGC. A sensitive young ❄️snowflake ❄️ who is so obsessed with video games that you make unhinged, one sided posts on platforms and when you are presented with valid points, the best answer you can come up with is “any other company could have done that.”

You’re a goof, someone we can all get behind to laugh at and be thankful that we aren’t on the same mental level as you.

Sony really made gaming cool, and I think it was the PS2 we can thank for that. The PS2 era had wonderful wonderful marketing. It was this edgy "The Third Place" type surreal dream world stuff that didn't even show the machine. The PS2 logo was super cool and original and had this awesome teal-blue gradient. It was an awesomely marketed machine. It played DVDs which was such a big step up from VHS. It felt so so sharp.

Got 3 hours? Check this shit out:

Playstation 1 was popular also because of the piracy. Most of my friends had 100s of pirated games. We would run around with these black CD-Folders and just burn games for each other. I believe the attach game:console ratio for PS1 was a lot lower than N64. PS1 had something like 1:1, while N64 was 4:1 (4 games per console on average). And I think that makes sense. Fewer N64s were sold, but people who had N64 were really into it. Many people in my school who had PS1 mostly played demos and pirated games.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
i don’t think you are an alt. i think you are just on the same intelligence level as FGC. A sensitive young ❄snowflake ❄
Ill have to intervene right there and state that Kagey and FGC aren't alike. FGC made his popular threads after his actual opinion was loopsided. Kagey K has not pushed that card so hard and has only made this rather strange thread.

It might be that you aren't that active to know this or simply don't care considering, but it is something to take into account imo.

I am not going to judge for you, but in general, if someone makes such an out of the blue thread, i am more tempted to ask what is going on rather than calling him a snowflake, imply he is unhinged, and suggest his mental level is significantly below yours and mines.

That seems rather needless, don't you agree?

Klayzer

i don’t think you are an alt. i think you are just on the same intelligence level as FGC. A sensitive young ❄️snowflake ❄️ who is so obsessed with video games that you make unhinged, one sided posts on platforms and when you are presented with valid points, the best answer you can come up with is “any other company could have done that.”

You’re a goof, someone we can all get behind to laugh at and be thankful that we aren’t on the same mental level as you.
Phenomenal thread backfire. No need to address the op's points because they are just console warrior bullshit. Better question is: Why are all Xbox fans on this board so bitter and irrational?

Microsoft is putting out some great services for their fanbase, but the fandom on here would rather shitpost and shitpoll about Sony. Its perplexing...

Woo-Fu

Banned
But what has Sony done for gaming that nobody else could have done?
What somebody else could have done is meaningless. What they did is what matters.
Not their job. That's your job as part of the community. Their job is to makes games, hardware to play them on, and networks to connect them together.
Where are we going to show how gaming can be better under Sonys rules?
What? If you don't like Sony's rules, choose another platform holder. You might consider Microsoft or Nintendo, or dumping console completely for PC.

Last edited:

Ozrimandias

I know everyone here loves Sony and I’ll probably get reported to hell for this.

But what has Sony done for gaming that nobody else could have done?

Where are we going to show how gaming can be better under Sonys rules?

I know some people here hates Sony, and im probably get reported to hell with this but:

Sony is good for businees, i really hope that they continue with its innovation, and triying to shape various industries in search of better quality for their audience. For example.

Betamax - A format better than VHS and some TV Channel continue to use it some years ago
Walkman
Mini Disc - With uncompressed quality of audio
Blue Ray
Manufacturer

In Gaming

A new Format that moved the frontiers of gaming (CD Player)
Console as a Entertaiment device (Cd - DVD - PS Store)
Home of some of the best Developers in the Industry
It's been longer than sold around the world

Finally, the competition is always good, without it, Nintendo probably would not have been driven to be innovative and to be a continuist.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The real answer is that the Playstation was the first console successfully marketed towards young adults, as opposed to kids/teens. Considering how dominant Nintendo/Sega were at the time it made sense that they parlayed the "grown up" appeal of the Sony brand, into making Ridge Racer/Tekken/WipeOut etc. the sort of thing that was a legitimately cool thing to play before/after a night clubbing.

StormCell

I have one I would give Sony. Compared with their main competitor over the generations, they have really funded and invested in story-driven games. Nintendo is really light on stories. Without Sony, we would still have games that are story-driven, but we wouldn't have as many of them.

I think this is probably the only one I can legitimately give them, by the way. They've attempted some innovations over the years, but which ones have actually stuck? Sony, for their part, seems good at building affordable, attractive electronics packages (ie. PS1, PS2, PSVR). It's not like they invented the modern analog stick with any of these, though.

Damigos

Sony, or no other company, is in obligation to change the rules or "advance gaming". It is not a prerequisite for anything.
On other hand, if Sony, or any company, dont keep customers happy and are not competitive they will perish.

The question that OP asked may as well be asked for any other company. The fact that a lot of people love Sony, as mentioned by OP, means that Sony must be doing something right. Even if it is regarded as "advance gaming" or "staying true to old values".

A more interesting question would be what have other companies, like Sega, Atari or NeoGeo not done right and as a result are regarded as failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom