• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

An electric milk frother.

I generally like my coffee black, but an occasional cup of latte-style coffee doesn't hurt. And with the frother, I don't have to pay upwards of $5 for the luxury at some local coffee shop (over $6 when tax and tip are included).

a new pair of lenses for my glasses. had my check up today and my eye sight has got worse. £78 gone. stupid me was sitting in the waiting area thinking oh they are nice glasses i might buy them but fuck that now. lenses are enough! wasn't expecting it to be that much. last time i am sure it was about £40. oh well. stupid eye balls. if they get any worse i will just pluck them out with a spoon.

Last edited:
a new pair of lenses for my glasses.
818159.jpg

MachRc

Some gorilla double side tape..

91lC0nGXkVL._AC_SX569_.jpg

So I can secure the new PS5 to the iffy PS5 stand it came with.
Then I double sided taped that ps5 stand to the the shelf.
The PS5 aint going anywhere now.... and yes i will assault it with tacky stickers.
XWknt7T.jpg

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Preordered halo infinite from best buy hope it arrives tomorrow but if not it's fine I plan to play it on Friday and just try to get it installed by tomorrow or Thursday.

ordered halo infinite from bestbuy and it shipped with the free steelbook get it tomorrow,all got Roger rabbit steelbook 4k,creepshow season 2,krampus 4k hard target 4k,werewolves within,rick and morty season 5 steelbook.

olivegirl

Neo Member
The last thing I bought was a bicycle. It was one of the best purchases in my life. I don't understand why I haven't done this before. It's so cool, just get on your bike and go wherever you want. You can take friends with you and go to the forest, or to the park, or just ride around the city. It is also very convenient, because where I always went on foot, now I ride a bike, and it's very fast. Now I can get to the supermarket in 5 minutes, although I used to go 20 minutes. Very cool thing.

Cyberpunkd

The last thing I bought was a bicycle. It was one of the best purchases in my life. I don't understand why I haven't done this before. It's so cool, just get on your bike and go wherever you want. You can take friends with you and go to the forest, or to the park, or just ride around the city. It is also very convenient, because where I always went on foot, now I ride a bike, and it's very fast. Now I can get to the supermarket in 5 minutes, although I used to go 20 minutes. Very cool thing.
I wanted to do that but I need to drop the kids to the school / childcare + the way people are driving in Paris makes me want not to risk my life, yet alone the lives of my kids.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What kind of bicycle did you buy? Was it a big bike, little bike, unicycle, double cycle, tricycle, and did you also ride it while eating a popsicle?

Squishmallows trading cards exist. I like Squishmallows and I love trading cards. I managed to limit myself to a couple packs instead of dropping $150 trying to put the set together, whee.

Also Descenders on PS4. I hope it's fun as it's what I'll be doing on Christmas Eve.

Treated myself to a cheap Xiaomi Note 9 Pro after my 2 year old Note 8 stopped charging. 140 quid on Amazon. Insane. Will tide me over until the Oppo N arrives in UK. Bought a Tassimo coffee machine for missus for Christmas

teezzy

Banned
Steam sale got me good

Damn you Gaben

Stocked up on games for the majority of next year though, back to my not buying **** lifestyle

T8SC

Gold Member
I went with Speed Queen when we bought our house. I refuse to have appliances connect to the internet whenever possible.

I don't think they sell those in the UK? I've not heard of them before.

A lot of brands like Hotpoint, Candy, Hoover were all sold to a Chinese group and essentially became poor quality living off old brand reputation. So it was a choice between Samsung & LG as they got good reviews from most places (consumers included). The WiFi connections don't need to be enabled. :)

Fools idol

Banned
so I dont know how many petrolheads are on here but.. yeh. My xmas present to myself this year is the dream.

I am super stoked. It's such an amazing drive.. joining my E92 m3 posted earlier in this thread + the Rs7. If I buy any more cars my wife is gonna divorce :) now after the holidays I need to get this some PPF as the UK winter roads are full of wet stone chips waiting to happen. This thing is made from aluminium bodypanels, so rust is a common issue.
f21.jpg

f22.jpg

f24.jpg

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
so I dont know how many petrolheads are on here but.. yeh. My xmas present to myself this year is the dream.

I am super stoked. It's such an amazing drive.. joining my E92 m3 posted earlier in this thread + the Rs7. If I buy any more cars my wife is gonna divorce :)
f21.jpg

f22.jpg

f24.jpg
Fucking hell man. I would say congrats but really I'm think 'go fuck yourself'. I mean that with the utmost jealousy. Seriously baller as hell dude!

Top Bottom