• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what if

Artoris

Gold Member
One of the following entities will come after you, but you have some options

first, you have a 24-hour start second you start at your own home

you can pick which you least want to be after you and the one you think you would most likely survive

1: a langolier

2: Jason from Friday the 13th

3: Freddy Krueger

4: Terminator T-800 model 102

5: Mr X from Resident Evil

6: James Bond, the Sean Connery version at his prime

7: IT Follows from IT Follows

8: 1000 Zombies

9: Darth Vader

10: A rogue Apache Helicopter

11: Kane from robocop 2 robot version

12: Reverend Henry Kane from Poltergeist 2

jufonuk

not tag worthy
So long as it was the two female terminators and they had to kill me by snu snu. No other way.

redskins ive fallen and i cant get up GIF

valentines day anal sex GIF by Saturday Night Live

I would take the helicopter otherwise. Just fly across the pond seeing as it’s starting from my home and it’s rogue it will run out of fuel.

Evil Laugh GIF

proud oh yeah GIF by Sky

Nbc Check And Mate GIF by Superstore

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Easily jason. He's slow. I'd just dig some pits and camouflage them. When he falls in, dump gas all over him. When he's done burning cut his head off and keep it safe.

Good luck with no head jason.

I wouldn't fuck with Freddy though.

Lunarorbit

James Bond, I'd just show him Tinder and tell him to knock himself out, he'd be so knee deep in clunge he'd leave me well the fuck alone, I most certainly would not want a T-800 coming after me
Hey, I learned a new word on Gaf today.

You guys have so many slang words. I'm a fan of minge, myself.

TrueLegend

An Apache helicopter is real deal. Rest of them I can killl with pencil. Chop them off put in a stew and let it dry and then use it as a defence against Apache helicopter.

Last edited:

FatallyYours

Gold Member
The worst answer is the The Langoliers

All the others are based upon surviving against 1 person/thing or moving to a secure place or fighting against it somehow. You could still get killed by it/them but you could survive if you kept moving, got to a secure location or luckily fought it off on your own or with help

The langoliers can't be fought and cant be escaped forever. They will eventually catch up to you and destroy the world you live in, and everything in it. Whilst waiting for them to catch you, your world is fucked. No electricity, no fuel of any kind, so no fire to cook or weaponise, no engines working, nothing being made or replaced, food going off and no new food produced, things already made fall apart or don't work or break easily, large portions of the population wiped out already, with no way to fight them

All the others have flaws in one way or have ways that can be used against them to overcome them so could be survived

Last edited:

Artoris

Gold Member
The worst answer is the The Langoliers

All the others are based upon surviving against 1 person/thing or moving to a secure place or fighting against it somehow. You could still get killed by it/them but you could survive if you kept moving, got to a secure location or luckily fought it off on your own or with help

The langoliers can't be fought and cant be escaped forever. They will eventually catch up to you and destroy the world you live in, and everything in it. Whilst waiting for them to catch you, your world is fucked. No electricity, no fuel of any kind, so no fire to cook or weaponise, no engines working, nothing being made or replaced, food going off and no new food produced, things already made fall apart or don't work or break easily, large portions of the population wiped out already, with no way to fight them

All the others have flaws in one way or anther that can be used against them to overcome them so could be survived
I was thinking only one Langolier not the whole scenario

FatallyYours

Gold Member
I was thinking only one Langolier not the whole scenario
It only takes one to eventually destroy the world. It literally eats the land, the sea, the air. I can't remember if they were given an official "speed" in the book or not, but 24hrs is already a disadvantage to you having lost that part of the Earth to run too...
And like I said, it can't be fought. In any way. So 1 or 1 thousand of them, Earth is smaller by the second, with no hope of surviving it

Artoris

Gold Member
It only takes one to eventually destroy the world. It literally eats the land, the sea, the air. I can't remember if they were given an official "speed" in the book or not, but 24hrs is already a disadvantage to you having lost that part of the Earth to run too...
And like I said, it can't be fought. In any way. So 1 or 1 thousand of them, Earth is smaller by the second, with no hope of surviving it
Yes, but maybe it can be killed would it survive uranium rounds

Outlier

It follows is my choice.

I can just lead it to a pit and fill it with cement or other extremely durable mix, and seal the pit nice and tight.
Easy.

FatallyYours

Gold Member
Yes, but maybe it can be killed would it survive uranium rounds
From my admittedly sketchy memory of them, they can not be fought in any way. Anything that came into contact with them would be "eaten"/absorbed/instantly taken from this plane of existence. They are time manifested, they only take and delete what they "eat", are given, shot at, launched at....

Artoris

Gold Member
From my admittedly sketchy memory of them, they can not be fought in any way. Anything that came into contact with them would be "eaten"/absorbed/instantly taken from this plane of existence. They are time manifested, they only take and delete what they "eat", are given, shot at, launched at....
A swarm of them would be hard to stop, but only one whom can say any ways here is the video

Banned

what kind? if its the Walking Dead kind then that would be what I'd choose.

because in real life zombies like in TWD would basically have no chance at ever coming close to a human that has a functioning brain.

which is also why that whole scenario is so mindbogglingly unrealistic to me... you have to suspend your disbelief real hard when watching that show 🤣

that zombie virus has to be the easiest to control virus in the history of humanity. infected show extremely obvious symptoms, they have to die and then bite people to spread, they are slow and extremely stupid once they become an issue... yet somehow it completely collapses civilization... makes zero sense.

so yeah. gimme those 1000 zombies...

if it's korean style zombies or 28 Days Later zombies, then it's a whole different story tho.

Last edited:

Artoris

Gold Member
what kind? if its the Walking Dead kind then that would be what I'd choose.

because in real life zombies like in TWD would basically have no chance at ever coming close to a human that has a functioning brain.

which is also why that whole scenario is so mindbogglingly unrealistic to me... you have to suspend your disbelief real hard when watching that show 🤣

that zombie virus has to be the easiest to control virus in the history of humanity. infected show extremely obvious symptoms, they have to die and then bite people to spread, they are slow and extremely stupid once they become an issue... yet somehow it completely collapses civilization... makes zero sense.

so yeah. gimme those 1000 zombies...

if it's korean style zombies or 28 Days Later zombies, then it's a whole different story tho.
It's more science than science fiction

Banned
It's more science than science fiction

well, in the exact scenario painted in most zombie movies, games, and shows, zombies are easy to avoid and control, that's all I'm saying.
so having 1000 TWD style zombies come after you would literally be a non-issue.

you could literally kill all of them within a day of just slowly walking backwards and shooting them in the head one by one.
any gunrange would have enough ammo to deal with them. 1000 zombies are less of an issue than 1000 violent drunk people coming after you lol

TWD is an extremely unrealistic show due to that issue. there's no logical way how a virus like that could collapse civilization

Last edited:

Artoris

Gold Member
well, in the exact scenario painted in most zombie movies, games, and shows, zombies are easy to avoid and control, that's all I'm saying.
so having 1000 TWD style zombies come after you would literally be a non-issue.

you could literally kill all of them within a day of just slowly walking backwards and shooting them in the head one by one.
any gunrange would have enough ammo to deal with them. 1000 zombies are less of an issue than 1000 violent drunk people coming after you lol

TWD is an extremely unrealistic show due to that issue. there's no logical way how a virus like that could collapse civilization
I think that would depend on how severe the virus is

Banned
I think that would depend on how severe the virus is

I'm specifically talking about a Walking Dead or Resident Evil style zombie virus that turns victims into slow and braindead husks and only spreads through bites.
that kind of zombie virus would literally be one of the easiest to control viruses in human history.
other viruses spread invisibly to the human eye, they can hide anywhere... a RE style zombie virus spreads through exactly 1 thing, and that's an easy to see and prevent thing too

Artoris

Gold Member
I'm specifically talking about a Walking Dead or Resident Evil style zombie virus that turns victims into slow and braindead husks and only spreads through bites.
that kind of zombie virus would literally be one of the easiest to control viruses in human history.
other viruses spread invisibly to the human eye, they can hide anywhere... a RE style zombie virus spreads through exactly 1 thing, and that's an easy to see and prevent thing too
I agree, the moment humans realize that something is wrong they won't let them anywhere near them but if it is airborne Zombie apocalypse could well happen

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
TWD speed zombies would be a piece o piss to avoid but humans are daft and it wouldn't take long for that number to multiply, now every country outside of the states would be pretty fucked but the good ole U S of Fucking Guns would eliminate most of them in an hr or so with every cunt and their dog owning 58 firearms, tbf the only way that type of apocalypse happens is if a massive portion of the population get sick at the same time and die and reanimate completely overwhelming the surviving population. Speed Zombies would just utterly fuck everyone

Spaceman292

Banned

you can pick which you least want to be after you and the one you think you would most likely survive

I'd choose James Bond because when he catches me he'll just fuck me

Last edited:

lachesis

James Bond. At least he's human? I will self-turn in myself and co-operate with MI6. I will shake Sean Connery's hand and get an autograph, and maybe even take a photo.

The Zombies. I live in Ohio and everyone around me would likely shoot them all before they even made it within my eyesight.

What do I win?

GymWolf

Gold Member
You can beat half of them by not being an idiotic horror movie protagonist most probably.

I think jason is clearly the weaker one, i'm not even sure if he is strong enough to take down a reinforced door and he can't shot you with a sniper rifle like 007.

Freddy is probably the worse because you can die by not sleeping and if you sleep, he has all the control and you are fucked.

For everything that can be hit by human weapons you just need to find the closest army place in town and go there, a terminator is not gonna do well against fucking tanks and high caliber weapons.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Sean Connery James Bond is a pussy. I'd easily beat him to a bloody pulp.

In fact, I'd fancy my chances going bare knuckle against anything from that list, even the Apache Helicopter.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters

Mad respect for including langoliers on this list.

I'd probably take the It Follows creature. It's not too fast. It just grinds you down.

Top Bottom