• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is political and what's not

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Look I understand why politics got nuke, weirdos where shitting up the place. K, got it. But all political discussion is gone? How is that possible? Gaming alone made over 150B world wide just last year. Politics are going to be apart of that discussion. It has to be. If you take a closer look at those numbers you see companies like duh EA making over 1.9 billion on loot boxes alone. Also everyone loves to point fingers at gamers saying something something gun violence.

^anyone remember that?

Here is the most recent example of this policy being used in a subjective manner about the housing market. "Oh, this is the latest political talking point designed to scare people." Evilore 2021

“The U.S. has roughly 140 million housing units, a broad category that includes mansions, tiny townhouses, and apartments of all sizes. Of those 140 million units, about 80 million are stand-alone single-family homes. Of those 80 million, about 15 million are rental properties. Of those 15 million single-family rentals, institutional investors own about 300,000; most of the rest are owned by individual landlords. Of that 300,000, BlackRock—largely through its investment in the real-estate rental company Invitation Homes—owns about 80,000. (To clear up a common confusion: The investment firm Blackstone established Invitation Homes, in which BlackRock, a separate investment firm, is now an investor.” Thank you Atlantic for your hot take. Now lets look at some numbers about housing prices an change over the past year.

Here my city that I live in. 24.6% 1-year change

Good luck to ever lives there. 16.8% 1-year change

And here some Texas for you. 12.4% 1-year change

Can't forget the hell hole that is California 15.4% 1-year change

Don't think more examples are needed here.

Here is the Census data if you need it. https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2021/04/2020-census-data-release.html For tracking and to see current trends.

This data is not political, and these figures are frightening to see. I'm lucky enough to own a house here in the land of burgers. But for you guys that its going to be really fucking hard with today's market to get a home. That is just fact. Can we agree with that?

I request a working definition of politics for this site moving forward. Current enforcement is subjective, and based off of a fucking news articles 12 hours old as of writing this.

BouncyFrag

We don’t need a politics section anymore. It’s more than apparent how the country is being run into the ditch.

Except it wasn't and inter-personal drama from there was spreading across the forum.
More contained than getting rid of it? Idk doubt that. The rules don't seem to be evenly applied and they are becoming more lax. As OP said before too. Politics are bleeding into all facets of our lives these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom