• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

What is the best Call of Duty?

What is your favorite Call of Duty game?

• Call of Duty

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Call of Duty 2

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • Call of Duty 3

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • Call of Duty: World at War

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts

• Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

• Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Call of Duty: WWII

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • Call of Duty: Warzone

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

eastcoastkody

Nov 5, 2016
i hate to be that guy, but the game took a nosedive when it became popular.

I played a ton of COD 2. Cod 3 and world at war weren't offensive. But what was it, COD4? was that the one that all of a sudden blew up and launched this franchise to the stratosphere? I just remember playing it and thinking, This doesn't feel like Call of Duty. This isn't the COD game i remember. So i bounced off and basically never played COD again unless forced to do so. I did enjoy some of the first Black OPS. and the Battle ROyale mode in a couple years ago, before warzone

Jul 12, 2020
For me the best campaign is Black Ops, the way it connected with World at War was awesome. The best multiplayer was MW2, you could have a great class using any weapon type and there were a bunch of ways to make your class OP. Except the first few weeks with the akimbo Model shotguns 😂😂

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
Modern Warfare 2 and it's not even close. Great campaign, Amazing Spec Ops co-op mode, Fantastic multiplayer with great maps.

Knightime_X

Dec 17, 2018
Modern Warfare 2 is the only correct answer.
So correct that Activision was too scared to remaster the multiplayer aspect of MW2 because it would outright dominate the player base.

Sleepwalker

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
World at war and black ops 1 probably the two I spent most time and had the most fun with.

Campaign wise the one where you get to kill kevin spacey lol

Marcinkowski

Oct 30, 2019

I know that is an expansion pack of COD 1 but for me this one is my favorite so far. So many good memories of me playing with friends and even my dad was a member of my team back in the day. playing matches of CTF against other teams all night was soooo good! :)

Last edited: