• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best DVD ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lord of the Rings Extended Editions.

Before that it was the Fight Club Special Edition DVD. Another close runner up is the collector's edition of Master and Commander.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
6EFV6l0.jpg

Is life? No. Demorez

That and if you remote the slip cover, everything is in Kazakh.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I remember the Memento special edition DVD being really awesome when it first came out.

Blu-rays just don't get nearly as much love when it comes to cool/unique packaging, but I guess it's to be expected.

Criterion's Battle of Algiers release. Incredible presentation and comprehensive extras about both the film and period of history it covers. In terms of pure scale and comprehensiveness either The LotR Extended sets or the Alien Anthology blu-ray set.

styl3s

Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition
-Theatrical Version
-Extended Version
-European Version

3 different commentaries and insane amounts of special features including a 75 minute The Dead Walk and the feature length docu Document of The Dead
DawnOfTheDeadBox.jpg

Runner up is The Evil Dead Ultimate Edition
ED_UE00.jpg

If you want to talk in terms of pure content these are the best DVDs IMO. Clerks X is also a runner up.

Anth0ny

I love the Borat DVD lol.

My personal favorite DVD (set) is probably:

eREI9Y1.jpg

Includes the original theatrical editions, and an awesome tin with the original poster art.

styl3s

I love the Borat DVD lol.

My personal favorite DVD (set) is probably:

eREI9Y1.jpg

Includes the original theatrical editions, and an awesome tin with the original poster art.
Is that a tin box? Oh man that would look nice to my big Rambo and Vengeance trilogy tins.

ascii42

The Lord of the Rings Extended Editions.

Before that it was the Fight Club Special Edition DVD. Another close runner up is the collector's edition of Master and Commander.

Yep. I just finished watching the second disc of special features for The Hobbit:AUJ extended. Also very good.

happypup

There is a fabled obscure adult German film, that when you gaze upon the dvd you transcend to a higher state of consciousness.

Die Liebe Schiebe or so it is called is a thing of such awesomeness that all but one copy was destroyed. that last copies whereabouts is unknown.

Some may say that I just made this up like a minute ago; You can believe what you will.

gtrunner

Banned
The Bond collection, all 23 films. All have "making of" documentaries and at least one commentary track. It was a nice month watching this.

41LhtATaDjL.jpg

ascii42

The Bond collection, all 23 films. All have "making of" documentaries and at least one commentary track. It was a nice month watching this.

41LhtATaDjL.jpg

I should have waited on that. I bought the version that came out before Skyfall's home release, so it just has place for you to put the Skyfall disc into it when it came out. Like I'm going to buy Skyfall and throw away the box for it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom