• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the difference between a misanthrope and someone with schizoid personality disorder?

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
The reason I ask is because I literally have no friends. I'm not socially awkward, I dress well I'm somewhat well spoken for someone with no education past high school. I get along with everyone at work and my family yet I have no desire to hang around with anyone. That's not to I say I don't go to social gatherings. I do but I'd just as soon not. So I'm wondering if I have some type of personality disorder.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
The reason I ask is because I literally have no friends. I'm not socially awkward, I dress well I'm somewhat well spoken for someone with no education past high school. I get along with everyone at work and my family yet I have no desire to hang around with anyone. That's not I say I don't go to social gatherings. I do but I'd just as soon not. So I'm wondering if I have some type of personality disorder.

Btw, I could've written that post. Nothing wrong with you. We are who we are. No psychological disorder at all friend.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Doesn't sound like you're either unless you're also a debbie downer just for the sake of it, in which case you might be a misanthrope.
Not a Debbie downer I'd go so far as to say everyone at work likes me or at least doesn't vehemently hate me and I don't steal lunches.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Doesn't sound like you're either unless you're also a debbie downer just for the sake of it, in which case you might be a misanthrope.

Which he doesn't imply at all. Unless he's lying which I highly doubt.

There are a myriad of reasons for the wayhow worded his OP.

If it's his personality/character it's merely inherent why he is who he is.

I'm the same. It's all fun and games to a certain extent. And that's fine.

And lonely.

I'd say; I'd rather seek interaction than espace from it.

Then again I DO have psychological issues.

But no OP you seem to have none of both. Gladly.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
It sounds like you're just introverted OP. If you were a misanthrope no one would like you, because you would hate humanity and be unable to connect with them. It sounds like people like you just fine, but you prefer to do your own thing.

While I would encourage you to do some socializing once in a while as that is really helpful for one's mental health, you're far from being alone as a person who would rather just chill at home alone than head out to a party or something.

John Bilbo

Would you rather do an activity like sports or somekind of problem solving with someone or sit down and have a chat while drinking coffee or the drink of your choice?

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
One of them just hates everyone, the other has voices in their head telling them to hate everyone.
I have a little experience with this in my family. It's not hate, I don't think. It's more fear, than anything else. Especially in the case of schizophrenia. You can tell if they are in psychosis. It's basically living a separate reality.

In the depths of crisis they can be a little dangerous. Take them or yourself to a psychiatrist yesterday...( Not you OP)

The longer it goes without medication the deeper the permanent effects.

To OP. You don't have anything to worry about. This post is for other people.

Top Bottom