• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the second best drop in EDM?

Arkage

Banned
I'm a newb at EDM. Don't listen to much of it but this caught my ear deeply. I think it counts as a drop?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I've always really gone hard whenever this one hits (starts ramping @59 seconds)

Also this whole song is just an escalating machine (most hype part starts ramping @2min mark):

This one also assaults you hard (basically listen from the start):

Last edited:

DS_Joost

Seconded on Eric Prydz. The man is a treasure to electronic music.

That said, I give you this. Might be a little bit soft to some of you, but I just love the big Ibiza vibe. Chicane continues to prove time and time again that he is one of the most musically gifted electronic artists of our time. The whole song is hype as the tits, but especially from 3:15 onwards it just explodes into this orgy of sun drenched nostalgia. It's glorious and some damn sexy music!

Also, give his newest album a listen. This is the first time in years that an electronic album has topped my best of the year list (sorry Jon Hopkins!):

Last edited:

Dark Star

for those of you who love their dark synthwave ... look no further (unless you've already heard Perturbator, Tonebox, and Daniel Deluxe)

Last edited:

DiscoJer

My god, what happened to Chicane? About as far as you can get from his Maddening Crowd days.

Last edited:
I've always really gone hard whenever this one hits (starts ramping @59 seconds)

I still got that one on my gym playlist...

another obscure one below from the same Hype Machine circa 2011-2012 era

give it about 40 seconds.

it's a pretty low effort song haha just a guilty pleasure of mine. like, slipknot's psychosocial or something lol. quality or not haha it gets me pumped.

TrainedRage

Banned
Armin van Buuren is the GOAT at drops. He is known for building some of the most intense break to drop songs.

Watch at 4:06 you can see the camera on the crane is shaking from the drop/audience.
13:50 54:44

Last edited:
Top Bottom