• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Alan Wake II the best game Remedy has ever released?

What is Remedy's Best Game?

• Alan Wake II

Votes: 55 24.1%
  • Control

Votes: 45 19.7%
  • Quantum Break

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Alan Wake

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne

Votes: 59 25.9%
  • Max Payne

Votes: 50 21.9%
  • Death Rally

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • CrossfireX

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I brought it up in the OT and it turned into a shit show for a page and a half.
Jon Richardson GIF

Well done for putting a spoiler in for the end of the game though, that will brighten people's day.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Think I have a bug. Doenst work for me. X on PS5 btw. Have 3 batteries. Maybe it's context depended but I've been in dark places already. Weird

Last edited:

Terenty

Nope, still mediocre as all the other games they released after Max Payne 2.

Their obsession with cramming FMV in their games is the worst thing that happened to the company. Oh and the fact that all the talent that made Max Payne 1 and 2 is not there

WitchHunter

Banned
Nothing can come before Max Payne. Now imagine that after AW2, they make a proper Max Payne game... slomo+this tech and everyone would be grooling. Just drop the mysterious act... smash people's head into concrete, desks, door hinges whatever. Make everything destructible, able to throw people thru windows and security glass, get minus hp when you have to walk barefooted and shards lodge into your feet and we are all set.

Last edited:

Terenty

Nothing can come before Max Payne. Now imagine that after AW2, they make a proper Max Payne game... slomo+this tech and everyone would be grooling. Just drop the mysterious act... smash people's head into concrete, desks, door hinges whatever. Make everything destructible, able to throw people thru windows and security glass, get minus hp when you have to walk barefooted and shards lodge into your feet and we are all set.
I'm afraid Sam Lake is too high on his own farts to allow his company to make a simple fun game like Max Payne anymore.

Markio128

Games always seem better than they are during the honeymoon period. Personally speaking, I’ve had more fun with Control and Max Payne series than I’ve had with Alan Wake 2. From a pure gameplay perspective, they are in a different league. From a production perspective, then yeah, Alan Wake 2 could be deemed better.

Games always seem better than they are during the honeymoon period. Personally speaking, I’ve had more fun with Control and Max Payne series than I’ve had with Alan Wake 2. From a pure gameplay perspective, they are in a different league. From a production perspective, then yeah, Alan Wake 2 could be deemed better.
I am currently playing Control after AW2. I'm enjoying Control gameplay decently enough. I will say, I fucking love games where everything is destructible, which is fantastic in Control. I am guessing AW2 would have had similar destruction but it hurt the performance? RE4 had it, sucks AW2 couldn't. Also, no dismemberment in AW2 is disappointing

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I am currently playing Control after AW2. I'm enjoying Control gameplay decently enough. I will say, I fucking love games where everything is destructible, which is fantastic in Control. I am guessing AW2 would have had similar destruction but it hurt the performance? RE4 had it, sucks AW2 couldn't. Also, no dismemberment in AW2 is disappointing

RE4 remake had it ?
Friend, the environments in RE4RE are 99% static with the exception of some pots/plates in the background - it's better than - say - RE8 but still, destructible they are not.

Also, don't know how far you're into Control but man, if you love X-files and some D.Lynch you're gonna absolutely love it, one of my favorite games of last gen (although I finished it on an XSX at 60fps).

Cheers

Top Bottom