• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 | Review + Prediction Thread

What's the average score that Alan Wake 2 will get on Metacritic?

• 96 - 100

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • 91 - 95

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • 86 - 90

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • 81 - 85

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • 71 - 75

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • 66 - 70

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 65 or Below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No regrets for pre ordering the deluxe edition. Always trusted Remedy
Funny Face Love GIF by Papa Johns

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Glad to see it's overdelivered, I expected like a 78 lol. It's just kind of strange though that they made this banger and are releasing it in this obtuse way. Digital only, no Steam = wait for a heavy sale on console

I hope it’s a commercial success for them to boot because then control 2 will get so much funding thrown at it.

Depending on how it looks/performs on the intended high end machines, as well as consoles, they could position themselves as the go to third party developer making industry pushing visuals.

To be honest if this sells well too with such a limited bandwidth to access , then it’ll be time for the calls to buy them out to start. Two back to back bangers with control and now this.

Man I’m so excited to play this tomorrow. My mind is racing to see how they tie back in Control to this. Please set up control 2 with a post credits scene or something.

Sure, every genre has its fans, but there is no one-size-fits-all to any game/genre. Never makes sense to me to see that said, or "it's not a perfect game, but".
I mean no there’s no one size fits all. But there is mass appeal vs niche appeal. In every medium. Certain stories and types of games appeal to the broader audiences. For instance - if you have an easy to follow, simple, traditionally structured story with comedy and action - like, let’s say, the avengers movie - that’s going to appeal to A LOT more people than something like David Lynch’s Eraserhead. Does that make Eraserhead a lesser movie than The Avengers? No. But it’s not going to be as highly rated or make as much money - because it’s not “for everyone” to the degree the Avengers is.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I mean no there’s no one size fits all. But there is mass appeal vs niche appeal. In every medium. Certain stories and types of games appeal to the broader audiences. For instance - if you have an easy to follow, simple, traditionally structured story with comedy and action - like, let’s say, the avengers movie - that’s going to appeal to A LOT more people than something like David Lynch’s Eraserhead. Does that make Eraserhead a lesser movie than The Avengers? No. But it’s not going to be as highly rated or make as much money - because it’s not “for everyone” to the degree the Avengers is.
Well, yeah, I know... This wasn't meant as a literal argument, but point blank, no game is for everyone.

In other words: "it may not be Mario/CoD", but it's still a great game to pick up and try. Not only is no game for everyone, a game like Alan Wake 2 is aimed at an even smaller section of the population. Thus, it is a nothing (pointless) statement.

Last edited:
Well, yeah, I know... This wasn't meant as a literal argument, but point blank, no game is for everyone. It's a "no-shit" statement.

If one says, it's no Mario/CoD, but it's still a great game to pick up and try, then that is different.
This is semantics. I wasn’t the one making it literal here. You saying “no game is for everyone” is a no shit statement - obviously no game is literally “for everyone”. But that statement is commonly understood to mean there are some things that are more “for everyone” than others - IE: some games are safer than others. And it’s a scale. Remedy tends to tip more niche ever since Max Payne. Alan Wake especially.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
This is semantics. I wasn’t the one making it literal here. You saying “no game is for everyone” is a no shit statement - obviously no game is literally “for everyone”. But that statement is commonly understood to mean there are some things that are more “for everyone” than others - IE: some games are safer than others. And it’s a scale. Remedy tends to tip more niche ever since Max Payne. Alan Wake especially.
Cool, so what are you continuing to argue then? I gave my piece, you gave yours. We can move on. :)

Last edited:

marjo

The extra 17% off from GreenManGaming was just the excuse I needed to buy this, despite my disdain for the Epic store. Speaking of which, it looks like that POS doesn't even have any type of pre-load.

Isa

Never doubted. I am ready for tonight. Did a couple of runs in World of Horror got the first wave of my Junji Ito books arriving today and am currently bumping to some sweet new Metal. Its a good day, glad I took the time off.

Cashon

Banned
I think I'm going to wait until the Max Payne duology remake comes out and then play through all of their games in order, but even then I will only play this one if it comes to Game Pass or if they release it physically.

Top Bottom