• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the status of your next-gen pre-order?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
EmvVWjxWEAcCgNk.jpg

Target finally coming through on PS5!

Both my XSS and XSX were delivered direct from MS on launch day by 5pm. Impressed.

My PS5 from Amazon was delayed. Canceled it. Not impressed. Going to pick one up from Costco when they are available.

The options from Walmart and PS Direct yesterday and today were a shit show with scalpers using Bots most likely nabbing 90% of em. Sony botched this launch big time.

This entire experience has been pretty terrible. Ordered from Walmart which was very difficult in itself for the obvious reasons(scalpers, crashes, glitches) and miraculously I finally snagged one. Status said it will arrive in the 12th. Fed Ex guy shows up Thursday and didn’t have the PS5 on his truck. He looked clueless. Couldn’t find it nowhere and said it will come on a truck later today. It never showed up.

Ordered Yakuza: LAD days ago and it showed up Saturday and still no PS5 even though it was confirmed to be at the same facility together and was supposed to be delivered simultaneously. That’s twice it didn’t show up now. Cant get ahold of facility even though manager at other location claims they are supposed to be open according to the website. Status is delayed now online? Don’t know what’s going on and apparently the PS5 is still there even though they forgot to deliver it twice now.

I can deal with a delay, but how do you forget to deliver it twice and now the status is pending and no one knows what’s going on? I’m being billed now so I would finally like my product in my possession sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Twinblade

I know I said I wasn't going to step back in here, but I did say I would try... anyways I still have not received my Xbox series X yet from Amazon. Just an update.

Solarium

Neo Member
got my ps5. what a glorious afternoon and evening this has been, spidey + astro on this thing is insane

and that controller... god damn sony you always know how to do it

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Just got an email confirming I won't be getting a PS5 until 2021. First time I've ever missed release day for a console I wanted.

This is in Sweden, which has received a pathetically small allotment AFAIK.

Kinda sucks, but I'll deal with it. Still have a lot of PS4 stuff to get me through the end of the year.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
The eagle has landed. Just finished setting up and started game downloads. :messenger_beaming: :messenger_beaming::messenger_beaming:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My PS5 pre-order from Target is now on a truck for delivery, supposedly by the end of the day.

JimiNutz

Banned
Amazon UK are still saying that mine is due for UK launch day on Thursday.
I'll believe it when I have it in my hands though.

Blond

Banned
Man fuck UPS royally. TLDR it went from a 1 hour back and forth trip if they actually let me hold which they refused to do and it’s a now a 14 hour round trip to Los Angeles. It sat at the Lathrip facility since last week and had no movement until today. I even paid to have it go to a UPS store which was dumb as fuck because it kept saying “Delivery for today!” Only to update again and again.
bh7JQZk.jpg

Last edited:
I am getting irritated because i order that gamestop ps5 bundle and the console came the morning of the 13th but i still haven’t gotten the games yet. Tracking says they are in my town as of the 14th! Whats the hold up!

Jooxed

Gold Member
Gamefly let me down with my PS5 pre order. They took too many orders and was estimating a December shipment. luckily a buddy of mine got an extra and sold it to me for market value. I am sorry Nintenbros :(

Tiamat2san

Fnac (France) called me yesterday, I can pick up my console at 11am tomorrow.

Already got my games (Spider-Man ultimate and demon’s souls)

now I need time to finish all these games before cyberpunk !
(COD, AC Valhalla, yakuza 7, watch dogs legion , borderland 3 on series X plus operation 5 in gears 5...)
next-gen just begins and I already have a backlog problem. 😂

Egorgeg

Neo Member
I have been worried about my order since I got an email from GAME (UK) confirming that they will process it within a few days, but it took over a week. However they dispatched mine for tomorrow via Yodel this morning.

Yodel tend to instead of placing our orders in our enclosed front porch or knocking for us to come get it they leave it outside the front porch (2 days ago we had a delivery from amazon and they left it in the rain). So I'll be camping out at the front door near my 2 hour delivery window.

I have Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition on my desk waiting to be installed.

Moogle11

Banned
Yay, got shipping confirmation for my PS5 bundle from Costco. Their delivery estimate is the 27th, but it's not been picked up by UPS yet so I'll get a firmer estimate once they scan it.

Unless it comes Monday, highly unlikely probably, I'll have to have it redirected and held at a UPS store until we get back from the beach and can grab it on the 30th. Wish it would have shipped sooner, but happy to be getting one and not have to go back on the hunt. Pretty sure I'll cancel the XSX order with Microsoft (12/23 delivery estimate) as I don't really have time to play games on both the next few months and we just found out about some expensive home repairs to deal with so better to not spend the money. I'll grab one sometime next year.

Edit: It's in my UPS My Choice incoming packages list now. Delivery estimate updated from the 27th to 25th. Went ahead and paid the $5.99 to have it held at at UPS store a few miles away since we head out of town on the 24th. In the Unlikely event it comes early on Monday, only 6 bucks and store is like 4 miles away to pick it up. Wanted to get the request in soon to make sure it's honored and not left at our front door.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Good news on both fronts for my console orders.

PS5 bundle from Costco got to the UPS store Tuesday and is ready for pick up when I get back in town.

I alsogot an email earlier today that the Xbox Series X I ordered at midnight on launch day from Microsoft shipped with estimated delivery on 12/1. It had a 12\23 estimate.

Lot of next gen gaming in my future. 😁

So... it looks like my PS5 is going to be delivered today.

Since some of you have had yours for a little while now, is there anything I should be aware of? I’ve seen so many differing things about what should and shouldn’t be done to avoid corruption issues, etc. Have we decided that it is okay to use Ethernet? I won’t be transferring anything from my PS4, I’m simply going to use Ethernet for the internet connection.

I also won’t be using an external drive for now - I’ll just download and delete as as needed since I have 1Gb fiber and no cap.

Any tips anyone would like to share? Did the latest update help with some of the issues?

Top Bottom