• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your favorite Mario Kart track in the entire series?

I wish the Mario Kart guys made an RPG or something.

Stuff like Neo Bowser City shouldn't be stuck as a background to Mario Kart. I'd love to explore a dystopia future mega city inhabited by Koopas and other enemies.

They're really good at fleshing out the Mushroom Kingdom with interesting locations are never used anywhere else.

This was one of my thoughts too while playing MK8.

A Mario RPG with huge open overworld like Donut Plains (without the track borders) would be amazing.

Mount Wario, Big Blue, Super Bell Subway, Dragon Driftway and Dolphin Shoals are probably my favorite MK levels. Then again, I feel like MK8 just has so many well-designed tracks for the most part.

What was that valley one from the N64? Like, you started in a grassy area, but then it turned into a maze with chasms everywhere and multiple routes to take.

Other favorites: Choco Mountain from the N64, and Mario Circuit from DoubleDash (the best Mario Kart game).

Wild Woods, Tick Tock Clock, Daisy Circuit Wii, Ice Ice Outpost, Animal Crossing,Maple Treeway, Toad's Factory from the Wii game, Anything not F-Zero/Excitebike/Grumble Volcano

ffdgh

What was that valley one from the N64? Like, you started in a grassy area, but then it turned into a maze with chasms everywhere and multiple routes to take.

Other favorites: Choco Mountain from the N64, and Mario Circuit from DoubleDash (the best Mario Kart game).

That would be yoshi valley.
Yoshi_Valley_MK64.png

MK8-Course-N64_YoshiValley.png

Davey Cakes

WARIO COLOSSEUM. The absolute best. I have a ton of favorites, but that'd be number one.
One of my favorites from DD.

It hasn't been brought back yet, right? My lord, I would take that track over ALL FOUR of the Double Dash tracks represented in MK8.

Well, okay, maybe with the exception of Yoshi Circuit.

El Odio

Banned
One of my favorites from DD.

It hasn't been brought back yet, right? My lord, I would take that track over ALL FOUR of the Double Dash tracks represented in MK8.

Well, okay, maybe with the exception of Yoshi Circuit.
Wario collosieum's absence in MK8 was a huge missed opportunity. They could have edited to course so the whole cage dome was traversablessed then put that in as a battle mode course and i would have been mire okay wigh the switch to tracks from arenas.

Azure J

Rainbow Road N64 (Mario kart 8 version would be GOAT if it weren't a single lap race... =/)/ Rainbow Road SNES 8
Ribbon Road 8
Waluigi Pinball/Royal Raceway 8/Dragon Driftway

The big three themes in my favorites seem to be a great sense of place, crazy ass stage dynamics/good flat out potential, and COLORS EVERYWHERE™.

Runners up: Super Bell Subway, Mario Circuit GBA 8, Toad's Turnpike 64, Wario Colosseum, Wario Stadium 64, Lakeside Park (GBA).

GCN Sherbet Land. Especially the remake in Mario Kart 8.

Great music.
Great wintry aesthetic.
I love the ice tunnel you drive through.
It's a pretty straightforward course with some beneficial shortcuts, and those are my favorite types of Mario Kart courses.
Shy Guys are my favorite Mario enemies, and they're ice skating.
I wish the Mario Kart guys made an RPG or something.

Stuff like Neo Bowser City shouldn't be stuck as a background to Mario Kart. I'd love to explore a dystopia future mega city inhabited by Koopas and other enemies.

They're really good at fleshing out the Mushroom Kingdom with interesting locations are never used anywhere else.
This is why I really hope they don't start making the series into Nintendo Kart. Some of the best Mario Kart tracks are places they make up specifically for the series, and those types of tracks would probably start becoming more rare when they start bringing in other franchises and using them as the basis for tracks.

Top Bottom