• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your ranking's for Christopher Nolan's Filmography?

robotrock

Banned
Oh dang we aren't supposed to make ranking threads? I didn't realize that my bad. I just though the 5 films $500 million mark was a major accomplishment and a good time to talk about Nolans work

List threads without substance. For example, your post is great, mine isn't. I just had to get my list out there

WoolyNinja

1. Interstellar
2. Interstellar
3. Interstellar
4. Interstellar
5. Interstellar
6. The Dark Knight

Last. Inception

Going in blind Memento is probably #1 but now it is down to 4 or 5. Still a great movie, but a lot of it is in the story. Just like Usual Suspects.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
7. Dunkirk
6. Batman Begins
5. Inception
4. The Prestige
3. Memento
2. The Dark Knight
1. Interstellar

Haven't seen the others.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Dunkirk
The Prestige
Memento
Dark Knight
Following
Batman Begins
Inception
TDKR
Interstellar
Insomnia

7Th

Memento > Dunkirk > Insomnia > The Dark Knight > The Following > Inception > Batman Begins > Prestige > Interstellar > Dark Knight Rises

I LOVE ranking and list threads 💖
ESPECIALLY of one of my favorite subjects: Christopher Nolan ^^

The Dark Knight
My all time favorite superhero movie. It's everything I want out of the genre and the metric that all superhero media is judged by for me. Perfect tone, villain, protagonist, themes, story, setting, aesthetic. Perfection.

Inception
A compelling and relatable protagonist in one of my all time favorite thrillers. Extraordinary story and aesthetic puts this at one of my all time favorite movies.

The Dark Knight Rises
A sloppy mess, but an EXTRAORDINARILY fun romp with my favorite movie ending ever. Sends chills down my spine. Awesome villain, extraordinary scope, and tons of feelings carries poor pacing and a messy screenplay.

Memento
I absolutely adore this film. A rock solid thriller with a killer premise and execution that makes for an unforgettable experience. Every second of the film is an edge of your seat experience that concludes in a simple yet chilling climax.

Interstellar
A good movie pushed to greatness by its extraordinary ending. This was the movie that made me realize that Nolan is my favorite director ever, because of how relatable I find the thematic elements in his films. Also it was his take on 2001, which is on my bottom 5 movies ever and I loved it! Wow!

Batman Begins
A decent flick completely lifted to enjoyment by its secondary villain, who is extraordinary. But the aesthetic is grimy in a gross way, the beginning is waaaaaaaay too long, and the main villain is boring. The start of something way better.

Dunkirk
A very thrilling and engaging disaster movie with a sweet, but completely confusing gimmick. The structure may be very distracting and annoying (and done better in Memento) but damn I do kind of love it for the sheer bravery of it all. Outside of that, the subject matter is uninteresting to me. While Interstellar had even less interesting subject matter, it was held up by an engaging story that made me care about the cast and world. Dunkirk? Not so much.

Insomnia
I hate Insomnia. I blame Robin Williams.

I haven't seen The Prestige, but I really want to!

Nolan is a fucking Master.

1. Dark knight (his most perfectly made film imo)

2. Inception

3. Prestige

4. Interstellar

5. Momento

6. Dunkirk

7. Batman Begins

8. Dark knight rises

9. Insomnia

juicyb

My top Nolan movies would be:

1. Inception
2. The Dark Knight
3. Prestige
4. Interstellar

I'm pretty meh on Begins and TDKR (only seen them once and I can't really recall much from either of them)

Need to still see Memento and Dunkirk

Syder

I just got back from watching Dunkirk...

Man, I'll need to watch it again but it might creep into the top 3 Nolan films for me.

So good.

iPaul93

1) The Dark Knight
2) The Prestige
3) Inception
4) Batman Begins
5) Interstellar
6) Memento
7) Dunkirk
8) The Dark Knight Rises
9) Insomnia
10) Following

kswiston

I haven't seen Following or Interstellar.

Insomnia was the only Nolan film that I wasn't a fan of. The Dark Knight, Inception, Memento, and Dunkirk are my favourite 4. The Tesla stuff (and what spins out of that) knocked The Prestige down a peg for me, but it is a good film.

TDK - Still possibly his finest achievement. It never gets old for me.
Dunkirk
Memento
TDKR
The Prestige
Batman Begins
Interstellar
Inception
Insomnia
Following - at least a 7 / 10. Good solid first film.

The Tesla stuff (and what spins out of that) knocked The Prestige down a peg for me, but it is a good film.

I loved the Tesla in The Prestige. Bowie was perfectly cast anyway.

Interstellar
The Prestige
Batman Begins
Inception
Memento

I can't really rank those, I love them all. And it's not like the other movies are bad, just I don't feel compelled to watch them repeatedly, unlike the above list.

Good

The Dark Knight
The Prestige
Dunkirk

Average

Inception
Interstellar
Memento
Batman Begins
Insomnia

Terribad

The Dark Knight Rises

Never Seen

Following

Ricky_R

The Prestige
Batman Begins
TDK
Interstellar
Memento
Inception
Insomnia
TDKR

Haven't seen Dunkirk yet nor Following.

I recently did a list of Nolan movies, but felt it wasn't accurate, so that's the updated list :D

Top Bottom