• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Movie do you want to see made into a Game

Reilly

sealab2021fa9.jpg

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I want an Aliens fps... Scripted exactly like the movie. Multiple characters and paths to choose from... Co-op play of course.

I'd like a JP dev to handle it because it needs to have an arcade-like vibe and tight 60fps fluidity...

demi

I would like Shaun of the Dead made using Dead Rising's system. Instead of a mall, it takes place in the little town the movie takes place in.

DaCocoBrova said:
I want an Aliens fps... Scripted exactly like the movie. Multiple characters and paths to choose from... Co-op play of course.

I'd like a JP dev to handle it because it needs to have an arcade-like vibe and tight 60fps fluidity...
Why on earth would you want a Japanese FPS? Dirge of Cerberus sure turned out good.

My choices would be Jumanji, Monty Python & The Holy Grail, Big Trouble In Little China, The Princess Bride and Man On Fire.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
TheJollyCorner said:
B0009IW8FS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

"BRING ME GOLGO 13!!!!!"

The boss fights against Snake and Gold & Silver would be awesome. :)
Err, Namco made an arcade shooter of GOLGO 13 back in 2000/2001 :)
The local arcade here still has it IIRC.

JayDubya

Banned
Those Bourne movies and novels seem to have a pretty compelling character that would be a good game protagonist.

Tieno

good_bad_ugly_1.jpg

-Western based on this movie or inspired by it
-Grity art style EXACTLY like the movie
-Ennio Morricone's music
-Clint Eastwood's voice
I WANT TO PLAY AS 'THE MAN WITH NO NAME'.

Mitleid

Ceebs said:
I don't think we are thinking of the same Event Horizon...

No, we are. That's just a knee-jerk reaction of mine any time that movie gets brought up. You have to admit that Event Horizon undeniably borrows a ton of the settings and atmosphere found in Doom, though.

jko

Tieno said:
good_bad_ugly_1.jpg

-Ennio Morricone's music
-Clint Eastwood's voice
the closest thing we have to that is Red Dead Revolver, game's not half bad, its a shame that the mediocre western game GUN was more 'acclaimed' than it...

Tieno

jko said:
the closest thing we have to that is Red Dead Revolver, game's not half bad, its a shame that the mediocre western game GUN was more 'acclaimed' than it...
I read the wiki and it definately sounds interesting. Thanks!

Tieno

AVP-49.jpg

predator.jpg

One of the coolest characters ever: 3rd person action game, mixture between Gears of War and Prince of Persia. Set in jungle or city or both, I don't care.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Tieno said:
AVP-49.jpg

predator.jpg

One of the coolest characters ever: 3rd person action game, mixture between Gears of War and Prince of Persia. Set in jungle or city or both, I don't care.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but at some point I'm fairly certain there was a Predator game or two.

Tieno said:
good_bad_ugly_1.jpg

-Ennio Morricone's music
-Clint Eastwood's voice
Man that would be horrible. :( One of the things that's so great about that style of movie is that they really aren't gratuitous in terms of violence and action. I don't know how you'd make a non-boring game out of it.

jko

Tieno said:
I read the wiki and it definately sounds interesting. Thanks!
the game machanics definately ain't the most polished, but if you liked GBU(which is one of my fav movies of all time), you'd definitely dig the music, sound, and all the VAs and cinamatographic direction of Red Dead Revolver...it's a complete rip off of the Spaghetti Westerns to put it bluntly :lol striaght down to the AMAZING soundtrack(wish they had released the OST for purchase).

if you want to check out some samples, go here:
http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadrevolver/

...or youtube a few :)

Top Bottom