• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What other PlayStation and Xbox (console) exclusives would be a better fit on Switch?

Vawn

Banned
Microsoft surprised a lot of when they began releasing certain games on the Nintendo Switch. Cuphead, Ori and the Blind Forest and Super Lucky's Tale have all migrated from Xbox One to Nintendo's hybrid console.

I had previously played and loved these first two and double-dipped for Switch versions. To me, the Switch versions felt like the definitive versions as they ran just as well (if not better) than the XBO counterparts and felt at home in handheld form.

screen-shot-2019-03-20-at-9-34-56-am.png

Ori-cover.jpg

GUEST_f33a4f3a-00e8-43f7-9336-f2360454af19

After hearing the protagonist of PlayStation's exclusive, Persona 5, was coming to Super Smash Bros, it seemed inevitable that the game would be released on Switch. After playing Persona 4 Golden, I personally believe this series is best on handhelds.

Kotaku-Apologizes.jpg

What other games feel "trapped" on the bigger machines. I'm thinking of games that could run just as well on Switch and benefit from its hybrid nature.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I would love a port of Puppeteer. It bombed hard and I think it can be given a second life on Switch. It might actually be profitable too.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
Ys IX Monstrum Nox - Switch have proven to have an audience for JRPGs.

Nioh - Since Namco isn't bringing the Dark Souls games and given Koei Tecmo's experience with Nintendo Switch.

Sea of Thieves - Honestly this would be such a great fit considering games is not demanding and it's very jolly, they need to lower the price but i'd be very interested.

Yakuza/Judgement - at least the old games, they could work well on Switch.

Tetris Effect - with Labo VR support.

Last edited by a moderator:

FeldMonster

Metroid Prime on Xbox.

How Nintendo and Nintendo fans treat Metroid is a travesty. It would be an excellent addition to the Xbox ecosystem. First person, hybrid shooter/adventure, and single player.

Nintendo fans can have Ori or something similar in exchange.

I think Switch players would love Cuphead, Sea of Thieves & Ori and MS would be stupid to ever allow it.
Edit: so they already released all of those except Sea of Thieves. Why Microsoft? Why do you never learn from your blunders? Again they provide no reason to buy an XBox if you give away the crown jewels!

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
The Vanillaware games would be right at home on Switch.

muramasarebirth4.jpg

dragons-crown-pro-ps4.jpg

odin-sphere-leifthrasir-screen-07-ps4-us-16mar16

(Muramasa Rebirth, Dragon's Crown, Odin Sphere)

Quasicat

I played so much of Skyrim that I would love a Fallout 3/New Vegas release on Switch. I know that Outer Worlds is coming out later this year, but I didn’t really like it compared to the Fallout titles.

Gargus

Banned
Better? None.

Switch has weaker hardware, the worst online experience, higher prices for their games in general than the same game on other systems, unless you use a pro controller switch isnt very comfortable to use and even then the button placement on a pro controller isnt the best.

Besides the switch itself doesnt somehow magically alter a game to improve it. So just being on the switch wont somehow make the game better than it was previously. If it's better it's just because the developers added more in for it.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Not for a second am I playing a PS4 exclusive on the Nintendo Switch, PS4's hardware is solid enough.

Aion002

I don't know... If I buy a switch I will always play on the tv.

This portable appeal is so weird to me...
I can't stand playing on psp or vita for long times.... I took 6 months to beat P4 Golden.... I think I would never be able to beat P5 on a portable device. Once I tried to play P4 Golden in an airplane... It felt so awkward... Playing video games outside of a home/arcade feels really unnatural to me.

So maybe Tetris Effect, for short gameplay sessions.

Now if the question was which switch game would be perfect for the Ps4, well... I would say that Astral Chain and Fire Emblem would be perfect on Ps4.

Daxter32jak

Microsoft Flight Simulator on a Switch Pro would be dope

Also I agree that Metroid Prime on the Xbox would be insane

Shadow of the Colossus optimized for Xbox One X would be another choice

vkbest

I can’t understand why a over 90 hours rpg can be better fit on a uncomfortable console to play. You like portability? Ok, but those games couldn’t be more fit.

switch and every portable devices are pretty bad for back, vision and hands

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
im not sure if “better” is the right word, but Sunset Overdrive on Switch would be nice.

Vawn

Banned
I can’t understand why a over 90 hours rpg can be better fit on a uncomfortable console to play. You like portability? Ok, but those games couldn’t be more fit.

switch and every portable devices are pretty bad for back, vision and hands

Switch isn't just a handheld. Swapping back and forth has been wonderful for me personally, especially in long games.

I'd like to add these Xbox 360 games:

220px-Blue_Dragon_Box_Art.jpeg

Lost-Odyssey.jpg

Top Bottom