• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What personal projects are you working on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weight Loss, around 15 pounds down since begining of the year on low carb diet.

Playing a lot more guitar

preparing for selective tests I will have to take for a new job.

bgbball31

Acquiring tools for a few things I want to build this summer/planning those projects. I've never done woodworking before, so they will probably turn out like garbage, but it will still be a good experience.

Working on my ongoing experimental music project. Building analog synths from PCBs. Recording and trying to build an instrument that makes sense to use live.

Ongoing photography projects. Trying to submit to magazines/publications, not much luck yet.

Going to take a drawing class starting next month.

Might build a small arcade stick for PC using Sanwa parts and a laser-cut enclosure.

Damaniel

Banned
Working on a cross stitch project - I create video game related cross stitch designs as one of my hobbies. I also just bought a Pimoroni Picade unit that I'm going to put together as soon as I can spare the time.

GhaleonEB

Current project: Working on our downstairs bathroom ceiling (updating with planking and trim). Got it mostly done his past weekend, and will finish next weekend.

Next up is a chicken coop, we're in the very early design stages. Planning to get 3-4 chickens in the spring.

In terms of health, I'm trying to lose 5-10 lbs without much success, though I'm making plans to get serious about it, and take advantage of the exercise facility where I work. Need some workout shorts....

sunofsam

Keep it up! I'm 5' 10", m, 40 and ran it up to about 270-275 before every joint in my body was screaming. 2 years later and I'm still working on it but I'm down to about 210. Feels good bruh, you can do it too.

Thanks man - you too; can definitely feel better at 270 - looking forward to keep feeling better.

collige

Banned
Working on my 7th album

Co-ordinating/promoting my record label along with some related coding projects

Casually learning guitar

Trying to lose weight

Doing woodwork. Making spoons, sculpture, and planning out a chess board for my brother-in-law and a chair for my wife, later this year.

I don't want to derail but any pointers in starting woodworking?

I am hiking more and more to prep for doing the PCT. I want to get the triple crown of hiking done even if it is a remote pipe dream.

hazukash

Learning Japanese. I want to pass at least JLPT N2 in December 2018. I'm thinking N1 might be a better goal though.

Owning all Pokémon games released on Nintendo consoles. I'm only missing Pokken Tournament (waiting for the inevitable Switch port) and Hey You, Pikachu. I even own that keyboard typing game.

Finishing all Zelda games, except for AoL because I hate that game. I have yet to play FSA, TP and SS. I'm hyped for Breath of the Wild.

Building a screen printing operation in my garage. (I have a history in screen printing, but haven't done it on my own for many years).

Getting better at guitar/mandolin.

Getting a freelance voice acting career going.

Drawing something every day.

Figuring out where to move next. My secondhand lease runs out in about 2 months.

Also going to the US in june, Boston and New York 1½ weeks. Also gonna try loose some weight, gonna start swimming as workout.

sasliquid

One of these I've got to work on writing music again, definetly feels like a good time culturally but I have so little free time

Learning Web Development, front end to start with before I decide on whether to focus on front end or back end. Been hard work so far. Getting that first job in the field is hard. Didn't get a very competitive job that involved full training after the assessment stage, which sucks.

Want to learn enough to make a web app that pulls Tweets from Twitter from selected users, and eventually use small things like that to get my ideal career started.

Xun

I've been pretty motivated recently, so for once I'm actually getting shit done.

My current personal projects:

- A small series of Zelda art I hope to get done before BoTW

- Writing/working on a song (I've never wrote lyrics before, so it's proving a challenge)

- Recording my bands music

I also have an animated short film I've been working on, although that's currently on hold.

KrellRell

Projects never stop,

Running an apartment building, renovating another building, marijuana accessory start up company, and a few other things.

Man, this thread is really making me think. I don't think I have any current projects, and now that I think about it, that bums me out.

Last year I worked hard to get a job in the publishing industry (which I did), but now that I have it, I've been just kind of coasting...playing video games, hanging out with friends, relaxing. It's nice.

I should really hit to the gym, though. I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum in that I really need to put on muscle mass and some weight. Too damn skinny.

tariniel

My only project at the moment is losing weight and working out. So far so good, I'm currently the healthiest I've been since I was 16 (29 now).

I've been considering trying to learn Japanese just to see if I have fun doing it. It's for no reason in particular other than I've watched a lot of Japanese stuff over the years and can recognize some words already, so maybe it's worth trying it for real...?

A better way to spend my time would be programming side projects that I can put on my resume, since I'm unlikely to ever go to Japan anyway.

Realistically, I'll keep working out and spend the rest of my free time on games like always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom