• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What racist things have you done in your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Me and my friend Nasem laughed at the specific terminology of a racist slur leveled at him. We'd never heard it before, and it was amazingly ludicrous imagery, absent context. We were 11.

A month or two ago, I was at the gas station buying propane, and I put the propane in my trunk before I went to pay. A middle-aged black man walked in the direction of my car, so I used my remote to make sure it was locked before I went inside. The man walked right past the car.

I was cursing myself the whole way home, I was so embarrassed.

that is so Larry David, LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPnJ2tR2h_M

Fusebox

Banned
I used to sing "eenie meenie miney mo" with the N-bomb in full effect when I was in primary school. Growing up in country Australia in the early 80s it's highly likely I had no idea what I was saying when I was reciting it.

Kwixotik

A month or two ago, I was at the gas station buying propane, and I put the propane in my trunk before I went to pay. A middle-aged black man walked in the direction of my car, so I used my remote to make sure it was locked before I went inside. The man walked right past the car.

I was cursing myself the whole way home, I was so embarrassed.

I was working in a PT outpatient clinic and we had a volunteer who was black. This guy was extremely professional, so there is literally no explanation for the following except racism. We had an old white guy (with the uniform of polo, cross stitch college football belt, and boat shoes) warming up for his session on an exercise bike. The volunteer let's us know he's leaving and walks toward the door. The old guy literally jumps off of his bike and runs to the door with his key fob to lock his car door, then walks back to the bike, out of breath, explaining "I... forgot to... lock my car..."

mavo

Banned
When i was a kid and visited the states i couldn't stop looking at black, and asian people, like i didn't think anything bad but i just couldn't stop looking.

But the worst thing i have done is that i went to a chinese restaurant and the girl (i was a teenager and she was around my age) that took the orders speaked with the most stereotypical spanish, first phrase she says and i gotta turn around to not laugh directly into her face, it wasn't on purpose obviously (and i felt pretty bad) but it still happened, she probably didn't realize because i kept coming back and she was always really nice.

I was born and raised in a rural area of a red state so... pretty much everything until I was 18 and went to college.

My parents still casually use the N word. In 2016.

Servbot24

Banned
I dated a black girl for several months. After we broke up, I thought I would like to date someone from a different race just for something different. Maybe nothing wrong with that in itself, except that I have never thought that after dating a white girl.

Dunno, can't really think of anything else.

EDIT: Oh, I thought of a bad one. In college me and a few friends were going to change the labels on the cafeteria milk dispenser, just as some stupid joke. Changing it to things like goat milk and whale milk and whatever. Someone suggested we change the chocolate milk to to n***** milk. Although it wasn't my idea, I still laughed at how inappropriate of a joke it was and didn't do anything to discourage it. We didn't actually make that label, thank god.

NewGame

Banned
I was paranoid of 'gypsies' growing up. I didn't know what they were but I had to stay away from them because they would steal me.

Nephtis

I was having a chat with some friends and I used the term "you people make all this unnecessarily difficult for us". To top it off, said friend I said it to is black. Everyone just looked at me with an expression that said "really dude, did you just say that?"

At the time, I meant to say "you Americans", and didn't know what "you people" meant. We all had a good laugh about it, but man was it embarrassing. He still makes fun of me for it because he said he'd never seen a man turn as red as I did that day.

Mahonay

Banned
I taught my German Shepard to give me paw when I say sieg heil
giphy.gif

Raiden

Banned
Back in high school my best friend was from the Phillipines and we would joke about it. He got really mad about anybody else doing it but i had a greenlight. Even though he seemed cool about it, its still something i wouldnt do now. But then again i was a pretty shitty kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom