• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Remaster should be release at this point

KentBlake

Demon's Souls

And I'd really like a console version of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. trilogy, but I don't think it will ever happen.

Last edited:
Killzone 2/3
Resistance 1-3
Proper Silent Hill 2/3/4 remaster.
MGS 1-4
Project Gotham Racing 2/3/4 just pick one.
Persona 3/4

I’m okay even with quick and dirty high resolution ports for most of these with trophies.

It must be exhausting having to make entirely new foods for every meal.
I don't follow.

I didn't say you had to completely reinvent the wheel with every single game. It's entirely possible to reiterate on the ideas that came before in creative new ways.

Classic ideas can and still do work in the modern market. The success of Activision's remakes prove that. But I would rather see a whole new Crash Bandicoot game with the aesthetic and controls of the remake, instead of just bringing back the experiences that we had before.

Similarly, an entirely brand new 2D Sonic with nothing but new levels would be far more preferable to the mix-and-match nature of Sonic Mania. Something new and fresh and different and exciting.

That isn't "making entirely new foods for every meal". You're just using the food you have in creative new ways.

I'll try new food over the same cheeseburger and fries any day, mind you. But people like their comfort foods, I guess.

Last edited:
I was just thinking that I would like to see a remaster of Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks.

I had a lot of fun playing the Xbox version of this back in the day. I feel like brawlers have become a bit of a trend.

Last edited:

decisions

Tbh considering Demon's Souls is the newest game it's definitely the least exciting out of those three. Demon's Souls could just get a simple remaster really and be exciting, the other two games deserve the BluePoint treatment. DMC3 Remake in the style of SOTC would just be ridiculously awesome.

sublimit

Banned
Tbh considering Demon's Souls is the newest game it's definitely the least exciting out of those three. Demon's Souls could just get a simple remaster really and be exciting, the other two games deserve the BluePoint treatment. DMC3 Remake in the style of SOTC would just be ridiculously awesome.
You speak with logic i speak from the heart. :p

Animagic

Banned
Digital Devil Saga Remastered.

Include a fast forward button and other quality of life features, like the final fantasy PSX ports have been getting

Joe T.

Final Fantasy XI because it's a very different beast from its online sequel FFXIV and is still hosting thousands of simultaneous players 16 years after launch with a skeleton crew releasing monthly updates. The FFXI mobile version in development by Nexon was initially branded a reboot, but I think SE should have gone all in with a full fledged remaster/relaunch using a new engine that does away with some of the lingering PS2 era limitations.

Shin

Banned
Makes me sad nobody here mentioned legend of dragoon

feels old man

Meesh

I'm completely high right now...
But...
Freedom Unite. Yup Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. I still play it, I think a remaster or remake could be so amazing.

Airbus Jr

Banned
tenor.gif

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Colony Wars.

Add in some RPG/resource elements to the game, and some MP modes.

Game would be awesome.

I guess the franchise sold like crap so Sony/Psygnosis never bothered with PS2 games.

And I'd really like a console version of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. trilogy, but I don't think it will ever happen.

The PC games (especially the first two) are a unoptimized and buggy mess. The engine was ultimately build with the PC in mind (not a flexible work environment). Which is sad, because the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games are in my opinion, some of the finest games of the past 10+ years, and deserve a second chance/exposure...

Last edited:

Dude this news deserved its own thread

Much better than 90% news on the top page imo

Why nobody here is reporting this

Last edited:
here's another remaster that I would like to see.

Rage (mobile version)

The mobile version of Rage came out one year before the PC/ Home console version of Rage, in 2010, on iOS. It was later ported to Android. The game uses a mobile version of ID Tech 5 and was one of the most impressive mobile games at the time. The gameplay was basically just an on-rails shooter, kind of like Time Crisis. You could spin around and look in any direction. But the game is on rails. It is a fun shooter, to be honest. It could even make for a decent VR supported game.

This episode of Breaking Bad made me a bit bummed that the mobile version of Rage was't playable on a TV with lightguns. So weird too.

RPGCrazied

Mass Effect(shocked it hasn't already)
Xenosaga(why the hell not? With how well the Xenoblade games are doing, Nintendo could make a killing here)

The PC games (especially the first two) are a unoptimized and buggy mess. The engine was ultimately build with the PC in mind (not a flexible work environment). Which is sad, because the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games are in my opinion, some of the finest games of the past 10+ years, and deserve a second chance/exposure...

The Steam/GOG version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (the first one) is not a unoptimized buggy mess. It's rough around the edges, but it's perfectly playable without any modifications. The bugs that do linger around are mostly squashed by the Zone Reclamation Project, a bug fix patch that also provides QoL improvements.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (the third one) is very polished and modern friendly with standard QoL features that are common these days. No modifications needed at all for a first time playthrough, though i'd highly recommend two graphics mods - AtmosFear and Absolute Nature 4.04.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky (second one) is the only one i'd call a buggy mess, it contains significantly more apparent bugs than the first one. It's a non-issue in 2019 though, because S.T.A.L.K.E.R's modding community is huge - Sky Reclamation Project is an excellent community patch which eliminates the vast majority of bugs and gameplay issues. Clear Sky is not as good as the above mentioned, but it's most definitely worth playing if you want more S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. There aren't any substitutes for these games. They're completely unique.

Last edited:

kingwingin

Gears 2. We have gears 3 BC in 4k, gears 1 ultimate edition but gears 2 gets the shaft

Edit: I may be I'll informed on the matter

Last edited:
Remaster?

Xenogears and Radiant Silvergun

Remake?

FF7 and Chrono Trigger

One of my wish was granted, but I want them all for PC/Steam.

Krapalicious

Neo Member
The X-Wing fantasy Sci-Fi flight simulator series (X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing vs. TIE Figher, X-Wing Alliance).

With the recent release of Fantasy General 2, I'd like to see a remaster of Panzer General. I missed out on one of the best war games in PC history :(

urmie

Remaster:
Dead Space Trilogy
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Trilogy (easily port the Steam "Ultimate" versions for consoles)

Remake:
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Dino Crisis
ICO

EDMIX

Would want a remaster of The Orange Box aka The Orange Box 4K.

Portal collection
L4D collection
Half life Collection
TF2
Dota2

All on 4K on PS4 Pro and XONE X

A Switch port would be nice too minus the 4K obviously.

Ozrimandias

- Demons Souls
- Fallout New Vegas
- Fallout 3
- Max Payne 3
- Mass Effect Trilogy
- Metal Gear Solid 4
- Killzone 2-3
- Deus ex - Human Revolution

Top Bottom