• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Summer TV shows will you be watching? - 2014 Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Tyrant: 7/10 fun enough to watch but way too predictable. Unlikable protagonist.

The Last Ship: 8.5/10 melodramatic but many quality storylines. Surprise of the summer.

The Leftovers: 9/10. Season finale this Sunday but so far I have loved it. Fuck the haters, I like dreamlike mysterious shit like this show.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The Leftovers: 9/10. Season finale this Sunday but so far I have loved it. Fuck the haters, I like dreamlike mysterious shit like this show.

It's off this Sunday due to the holiday weekend. Gotta wait an extra week for the finale.

Also, note that HBO are running the first three episodes of The Knick on Monday night in case anyone wants to check that out. The mini-marathon kicks off at 8pm ET.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

December is a weird time to premiere a show, though I guess they're hoping people will binge it over Christmas break.

Is this not a miniseries? For some reason I always had that impression.

I'm pretty sure it's not.

Too. Much. TV. It was bad enough when I couldn't keep up with movies, now I can't keep with anything.

noinJtg.gif

It's off this Sunday due to the holiday weekend. Gotta wait an extra week for the finale.

urgh, I haaaaaate when shows do this. Blach. Yech.

- Deadline: HBO Miniseries ‘Olive Kitteridge’ Sets November Premiere Dates
HBO has firmed up the premiere dates for its miniseries drama Olive Kitteridge. The first two parts are set to debut on Sunday, November 2 at 9 PM, followed by the final two installments at 9 PM Monday, November 3. Oscar winner Frances McDormand (Fargo, North Country) and Oscar-nominated Richard Jenkins (The Visitor, HBO’s Six Feet Under) star in the mini based on Elizabeth Strout’s Pulitzer Prize-winning novel.

Dan

I think I had the Rectify: S2 finale spoiled for me :(

Anyway, spent some of the last three days catching up on The Honorable Woman and I'm loving it. I'm rather annoyed that I can't watch the remaining episodes immediately. It's nice that you get to view this messy web of espionage and intrigue from a multitude of perspectives, from macro geopolitics to very intimate situations. I had read virtually nothing about the series before plunging in, which is probably for the best. There's a lot of peeling back layers of the story's onion, but this process doesn't only make things more complicated, but gives context and makes the bigger pictures come into focus. Doesn't seem like twists and reveals just for the sake of them. Hopefully it sticks the landing.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I think I had the Rectify: S2 finale spoiled for me :(

What was it? Spoiler tag?

Anyway, spent some of the last three days catching up on The Honorable Woman and I'm loving it. I'm rather annoyed that I can't watch the remaining episodes immediately. It's nice that you get to view this messy web of espionage and intrigue from a multitude of perspectives, from macro geopolitics to very intimate situations. I had read virtually nothing about the series before plunging in, which is probably for the best. There's a lot of peeling back layers of the story's onion, but this process doesn't only make things more complicated, but gives context and makes the bigger pictures come into focus. Doesn't seem like twists and reveals just for the sake of them. Hopefully it sticks the landing.

Sounds good! I'll definitely start it up once the season ends.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
***Possible Rectify: S2 spoilers***
Something about the main character confessing or revealing that he was in fact involved with the murder.

I will neither confirm nor deny that spoiler.

When do you intend to watch the finale? Were you waiting for the season to pop up on Netflix?

Dan

I will neither confirm nor deny that spoiler.

When do you intend to watch the finale? Were you waiting for the season to pop up on Netflix?

I've been recording S2, but like Cornballer, haven't yet watched the first season. I'll probably push myself to tackle it soon, so that S2 isn't hogging my DVR as the fall starts.

Oh well, accurate or not, that's what I get for sitting on it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I've been recording S2, but like Cornballer, haven't yet watched the first season. I'll probably push myself to tackle it soon, so that S2 isn't hogging my DVR as the fall starts.

Oh well, accurate or not, that's what I get for sitting on it.

It's only 16 hours long! You won't regret it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom