• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the heck is with posters that post creepy AF images?

I was browsing through that sleep paralysis thread, and now I can't sleep because of that one gif on the front page. Thanks to whoever posted that.

And I guess it goes without saying, but I won't be checking back in this thread because of what will inevitably be posted. Maybe tomorrow, in broad daylight, I'll have the courage to check this thread.

Manu

Is it the gif of the guy with the devil mask? I never found that gif creepy, not sure why. And I'm a fucking wuss.

EDIT: VVVVV See? Now that's fucking creepy.

Dynomutt

tumblr_ofzmqi4WCi1vjjxcao1_500.gif

Is it the gif of the guy with the devil mask? I never found that gif creepy, not sure why. And I'm a fucking wuss.

Probably because it's like MST3K riff-fodder level special effects.

Fun fact: humans find this type of facial structure creepy because it look similar to rigor mortis and you're instinctually programmed to not want to hang around dead bodies. The tightly drawn lips exposing the gums and the distended tongue are what unattended corpses look like after a few hours. You can see this in all sorts of archaeological evidence including the iconic tongue out open mouth of the Hindu goddess of death Kali.

When I was a kid I made up a magical repellent that I would spray onto myself to protect me from scary monsters when I showered at night. Probably because of the commercial from Grudge. The logic was if make belief things can creep me out, I can make a ridiculous make belief item to protect me and then realize how ridiculous the fear was in the first place.

Manu

To me, this is still the scariest picture I've seen online.

Even knowing it's obviously fake and from a copypasta, it always makes me shiver.

Even knowing it's obviously fake and from a copypasta, it always makes me shiver.

What is supposed to be happening there? Hung upside down? A ghost? Can they see him or not? Is he being burned by those candles or is he behind them?

Creepy af, though, no doubt

Lol, like I'm a wuss and this straight up just looks like a guy in pajamas falling through the ceiling.

Nothing gets me like that creepypasta pic of that like burn victim or whatever it is that's always posted with the "Russian Sleep Experiment" creepypasta.

Russian sleep experiment

I hate that that image is attached to the pasta though because it doesn't actually make any sense in the context of the story as told.

Like it's just a cheap extra layer of unsettling imagery that doesn't actually ad to the narrative it's just there to be like "woah."

Astral Dog

Fun fact: humans find this type of facial structure creepy because it look similar to rigor mortis and you're instinctually programmed to not want to hang around dead bodies. The tightly drawn lips exposing the gums and the distended tongue are what unattended corpses look like after a few hours. You can see this in all sorts of archaeological evidence including the iconic tongue out open mouth of the Hindu goddess of death Kali.
I think it looks cool

Nepenthe

Yeah, I know specifically to stay out of threads concerning bugs, the deep ocean, and dreams, because someone is going to inevitably going to post the most unsettling or disgusting gif they have on hand because why not. I've been genuinely jump scared from that one too many times.

I think it looks cool

I mean it's clearly got some sort of reverence in addition to the creep because humans have used it as the basis for art and sculpture for thousands of years.

It probably wasn't even as creepy its just so rare for modern humans in developed countries to actually see dead bodies it's a shock to the senses versus what must have been a relatively common experience a thousand years ago and back.

daviyoung

Banned

I just spent the last 20 minutes reading about the different stages of mortis, so thanks for that.

BizzyBum

The creepiest image I ever saw was when I was browsing 4chan in one of these types of threads. I didn't save it but it was a super high-res picture of an old lady's face close up and her eyes were HUGE just staring into your soul.

It was actually uncomfortable to look at for more than a few seconds. I wonder if anyone might have it here.

I just spent the last 20 minutes reading about the different stages of mortis, so thanks for that.

Hey man the uncompromising course of nature is uncompromising. If it makes you feel any better if you live in America there's so many preservatives packed into your cells from your food that undertakers don't even need to use formaldehyde anymore so you probably won't encounter those stages of mortis in real life.

Crap I just took a shower and now I need another one and to throw out these boxers.

Thanks, man.

Yeah it annoys the shit out of me. Some of the avatars even. I'm already watching 5 strangest/creepiest/weirdest etc videos on youtube. I definitely dont need to come here and see anything else.

Edit: and some of these are not creepy. At all. A dog in a Mickey suit? A statue with googly eyes? Are you even fucking trying?

gaiages

Banned
I was browsing through that sleep paralysis thread, and now I can't sleep because of that one gif on the front page. Thanks to whoever posted that.

And I guess it goes without saying, but I won't be checking back in this thread because of what will inevitably be posted. Maybe tomorrow, in broad daylight, I'll have the courage to check this thread.

Yeah I hate it when someone posts creepy roach gifs in threads that don't involve... Well, roaches. It legit triggers me :( I understand your pain

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Yeah it annoys the shit out of me. Some of the avatars even. I'm already watching 5 strangest/creepiest/weirdest etc videos on youtube. I definitely dont need to come here and see anything else.

Edit: and some of these are not creepy. At all. A dog in a Mickey suit? A statue with googly eyes? Are you even fucking trying?

Rc5GbrM.gif

I just came from that thread and holy fuck is that unsettling.

I kind of want more now, but I want to be able to sleep when I get home, hmmmmm

Top Bottom