• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the hell is going on at Hello Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmiT

People are glaring over some stuff here:

They hired three new developers since No Man's Sky was released.

There is no actual evidence Hello Games closed down, guy who took the picture even said so. People are just making assumptions based on the photo.

I know you all love to shit on Hello Games, but this is just creating drama out of nothing.

People are glaring over some stuff here:

They hired three new developers since No Man's Sky was released.

There is no actual evidence Hello Games closed down, guy who took the picture even said so. People are just making assumptions based on the photo.

I know you all love to shit on Hello Games, but this is just creating drama out of nothing.

Ok. Thanks for clarification.

Sorcerer

Maybe they've dropped the pretense of 'Hello Games' and just went back to working at the 22cans main office - that studio is a walking distance away.

Imagine all this being a Molyenux project in disguise?
Peter Molyenux should have been at the center of the universe.

L Thammy

Maybe they're just.. not neat? I dunno, I've never had crap under my doors. Is that a thing that happens to people?

My assumption has always been that Sean was probably either over optimistic or maybe a bad project manager. I wouldn't be surprised if he and the other folks at Hello Games genuinely wanted to fix the problem, but found that they didn't have the ability, that they weren't able to do that as quickly or well as that they intended, or so on.

- J - D -

See, HG saying nothing for months after the debacle allows everyone and their aunties to come up with crackpot theories.

cyba89

lmao that photo is hilarious. As if that shows anything. Wow, it's a regular-ass looking door.
Please don't let this thread devolve into "DetectiveGAF" shit.

M52B28

Banned
No, it's not creating drama out of nothing. The studio may as well not exist due to the amount] of information they've given about their game or whereabouts since launch.

FreeMufasa

Still makes me laugh how easy gamers are tricked and hustled. It was obvious their vision wasn't possible but ppl went full in on da hype. Respect to hello games from a business perspective.

Aselith

wpjCkEC.jpg

TimmiT

No, it's not creating drama out of nothing. The studio may as well not exist due to the amount] of information they've given about their game or whereabouts since launch.

I agree that they should be communicating better, but the stuff in the OP definitely is creating drama over nothing.

ajim

How do we even know that is abandoned? Looks like somewhere a start up or small company would start in.

Ive worked in some dindgy looking places when i was a graphic designer that dont even look like theyd pass an oh&s assessment from looking outwards, but on the inside very functional.

Quazar

Dunno about all of this. Lead developer not at office doesn't really mean...anything. Doesn't need to be there to code...

People are shocked this is their office? Wasn't the exe complied from a desktop pc the AM of release? There is only like 20 of them. They don't need something that fancy and I'm sure it isn't a slum inside given the tech needed to put out a major release.

I guess just being around the Chicago area I see how crappy a lot of the exteriors can be to new startups even though they are successful companies. I also see a lot of flashy, vacant buildings in the suburbs of places that aim too high so most of this doesn't phase me.

Hello Games the moment the game was released:

raw

They haven't done any favours with regards to how they've been communicating with folks after launch, but I don't really see the point of a long con that involves developing several games beforehand and then roping people in with snake oil at the end. They're probably still working on it.

So you mean to tell me someone went to the exact location where Hello Games staff should be and still couldn't see them??

Macattk15

I feel bad for no one that fell into that hype.

So many bad words directed at those of us who said "But what the hell do you do?" in regards to the game.

sticks AND debris at the front door

sticks and debris

i mean, that's just insane. what kind of front door leading outside has sticks and debris?

what the hell is gong

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i don't really think it looks abandoned?

and no shit the community manager left, can you imagine being the person who has to crowd control that? i'd leave too

RPGCrazied

I was eventually going to get this game, but not if they have already abandoned the game and closed shop. The game is not that old.

I feel bad for no one that fell into that hype.

So many bad words directed at those of us who said "But what the hell do you do?" in regards to the game.
I dunno. I think its pretty obvious what you do and always has been. They just made what you do fucking pointless beyond spending time to do it.

Yagharek

Still makes me laugh how easy gamers are tricked and hustled. It was obvious their vision wasn't possible but ppl went full in on da hype. Respect to hello games from a business perspective.

Isn't business about increasing customers for future products?

HvySky

As entertaining as I find the entire No Man's Sky situation, in reality I highly doubt Hello Games has skipped town or anything like that. I don't think they'd be that stupid.

This thread is cold-blooded. Nobody in the industry is friends with this dude on FB or something?

He does. Sadly he can't see any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom