• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was wrong with Resident Evil 5?

stn

It was good because of co-op, I must have beaten it about 7 times with my friend. As a solo game it was lacking.

Moskibear

RE5 was great but RE6 showed the true potential of master Chris, suplexing those zombies like there is no tomorrow. that boulder had some serious influence on sensei.

Oh god.. Can't believe you guys warmed up to Roidfield.
He's so ridiculously buff and cartoony and they made him an angry idiot.

The old one was semi realistic.. it had appeal because you could believe he was a member of the police force. Look at all the characters in their original states or from REmake. Then look at them in their new incarnations. They're all world saving, president daughter rescuing, super spies with Snidely Whiplash with super powers as the villain. It's a complete parody of what it used to be.

Lernaean

Banned
As a RE fan, even though i love all the mainline games (mainline imo being 0-6, CV, and Rev), i always categorize them as high, mid and low tier.
RE5 should be low tier for me. Not because it's bad and i don't like it, but because it didn't try to do nothing other that copying the RE4 formula in a new skin.
I understand it was their first third person RE after RE4, but they really didn't try much making it a unique game.
It did have its memorable moments surely, but it's nowhere near the best of the series.
In the beginning i said it should be low tier. That's necause it should but it isn't. It's mid tier to me, and there is one, and one only thing that elevates it. It's called 'Lost in Nightmares'.
Also the racism accusations are ridiculous. I remember back then when black gamers were posting vids on youtube making fun and dismissing the accusations, because simply, it's a game based in deep Africa, yeah the infected are black. As they are Chinese in 6, duh!

Soup Bar

I know when RE5 first came out, I didn't like it because you couldn't move and aim like in Dead Space. After I got the gold edition, I played with a friend of mine and had a blast. Mostly so I could fail QTE's, which is why I liked RE6. Failing QTE's is half the game.

Top Bottom