• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was your favorite game released in XXXX? 2002 edition (56k)

NBtoaster

Ratchet and Clank. The exact kind of game I wanted as a next generation Spyro successor from Insomniac (especially as the actual next gen Spyro sucked).

PaulloDEC

Tough call. Warcraft 3, Ratchet & Clank, GTA Vice City and MOH Allied Assault are all games I played and enjoyed at various times between now and 02.

Vice City is pretty hard to beat.

prag16

Banned
I played the shit out of THPS4. Jedi Outcast and Madden used up a ton of my time then too. 2003 I remember as one of the best Maddens.

AerialAir

Banned
smt2psx.jpg

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Resident Evil. One of my favorite games of all time. Metroid Prime is a close second. Very close.

TheFuzz

GTA Vice City. Most time I've ever spent in a GTA game, one of the best GTA games and easily the best soundtrack.

Xscapist

I was all about the Gamecube back then, so my faves were:

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Metroid Prime
Resident Evil
Super Mario Sunshine
TimeSplitters 2

Pretty great year for the console.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Hold up.
Look at this lineup from SEGA.
Gunvalkyrie (Xbox)
Headhunter (PS2)
JSRF: Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox)
Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II (GC)
Rez (PS2)
Shenmue II (Xbox)
Shinobi (PS2)
Sonic Advance (GBA)
Sonic Mega Collection (GC)
Space Channel 5 Part 2 (PS2)
Super Monkey Ball 2 (GC)
Virtua Fighter 4 (PS2)
We're officially in the darkest timeline :( give me back this SEGA

Damn, 2002 was legit.

I remember playing Wild Arms 3 while waiting for Kingdom Hearts to drop.

So much good stuff on that list it's hard to choose, but those were definitely highlights

I had the most fun with Yoshi's Island. A lot of the other games were ones I played more ave maybe loved more, but the version listed is a different platform than the one I enjoyed it on.

Metroid Prime, easily.

Pretty close seconds are WarCraft 3, Jedi Outcast and Metroid Fusion (edit) ooohh and Eternal Darkness (/edit).

I also spent quite some time with UT2k3 and Dungeon Siege, but they only make my top ten because it was overall not a strong year.

Kill3r7

So many great games. I guess MP and Warcraft III would be my top choices but Morrowind, Eternal Darkness, Vice City, Crimson Skies and Mech Assault are all in the conversation.

ag-my001

Suikoden III for me. So many play throughs. Warcraft saw more play in later years. Third place would have to be DDR: Konamix of all things.

This was probably my favorite year in gaming, as two of my all-time favorite games ever (Metroid Prime and REmake) released, and a bunch of other good ones too. Not so great of a year if you didn't have a GameCube, though.

Metroid Prime wins.

Runners-up:
REmake
Super Mario Sunshine
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Timesplitters 2

Top Bottom