• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was your favorite game that year? 2015 edition. (56k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

Not sure about favourite, but the ones I played the most were Dark Souls II: SotFS, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Mario Maker.

Also, I've just realised how many games I haven't played from that list.

Edit: Oop, not me forgetting to mention Bloodborne.

killatopak

Gold Member
Out of that list the only games I've played are:

Child of Light
Undertale
Persona 4 : Dancing All Night.

I like Undertale the most.

Vol5

Witcher 3. I'm still playing the Hearts of Stone DLC before I'll move to Blood & Wine. What a game.

Bloodborne is up there around about it though.

febLey

Definitely Bloodborne.

Close after that Ori, Undertale and The Witcher 3.
Also I loved Splatoon and Until Dawn.

Really good year in my opinion 2015 > 2016

EDIT: Damn Tales from the Borderlands, Life is Strange, MH4U, Crypt of the NecroDancer and Rocket League were also release that year.

I voted Bloodborne for my top game but now I'm between Rainbow Six: Siege and Steins;Gate.

Rainbow Six would probably be my favorite online shooter if Overwatch didn't exist. Every match plays out differently and it's an incredibly rewarding and fun game to play. There are a million ways to approach every situation and it's just amazing. I wish I got into it sooner.

Steins;Gate has one of my favorite stories and I love the cast. Gripping game.

Superkewl

Witcher 3 is probably one of the best games of all time, so guess that would make it the de facto game of 2015.

Shinigami

Undertale, baby.
raw

It took me awhile to get to and finish everything I wanted to play in 2015. Amazing year.

MGSV -> Bloodborne -> Helldivers -> Axiom Verge -> Until Dawn

watdaeff4

Bloodborne.

Almost any other year MGSV would have been the best, but Bloodborne is the best game I've played since A Link to the Past if not ever.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt. Easily, a 9.5/10 as it's thus far the best game this generation.

MikeyB

It didn't release then, but I played the everliving fuck out of Killzone: Shadowfall. I loved the MP so much.

kunonabi

Metal Gear Solid V: TPP for me as it just barely edged out Xenoblade X due to being far more enjoyable to go for 100%.

PillarEN

Looking at the list it appears that any I own from 2015 that is an original game (not remaster or port) has still been unplayed. So I have no answer for that year.

Bloodborne. At the time, my first "Souls" game. It had me hooked immediately and it never let up.

Runners-up:
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Life is Strange
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
SOMA

It's got to be Bloodborne. Incredible atmosphere, design and gameplay. Could sing it's praises all day long.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D gets 2nd place, but doesn't deserve top spot being a remaster. Still an incredible game though, and the improved visuals and emphasised art styles really push it up.

Floody

Bloodborne by a mile, it might be my favourite game of all-time. Every time I replay it I love it even more.

Witcher 3, Until Dawn, Rocke League, Tales From The Borderlands and despite it's massive flaws MGS5 were all really great too.

R aka Bon

ROTR

Incredibly interesting environments, coupled with excellent tombs and an outstanding graphical performance are the reasons for it being my pick.

bonesquad

The Talos Principle - Absolutely loved this game and the expansion. One late night I couldn't figure out a puzzle so I finally gave up and went to bed. I must have dreamed about the game because during the night I woke up with a eureka moment. I wasn't going to get up until I realized I suddenly knew the answer to two puzzles! Though I never did get all the stars...

Runner-ups include games that would be ok as my top game as well: MGSV (my original GOTY), Life is Strange, Tales from the Borderlands, Until Dawn

EASILY MonHun4U. Friends and I put in like 400 hours easy into this title and I feel like it's probably the strongest entry in the series to date.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Still Witcher 3(especially Hearts of Stone expansion in late 2015), but Until Dawn moved way up my list after playing it a year late.

Nazz

Neo Member
Bloodborne was my favourite game by far.

Still haven't touched The Witcher III, though.

Honorable mentions: Life is Strange, Metal Gear Solid V, Tales from the Borderlands

Between Life is Strange and Tales from the Borderlands, it really was a great year for episodic games. Their finales even came out on the same day, which was amazing.

Mael

Bloodborne,
Super Mario Marker and Xenoblade Chronicle X.
If we go by playtime, it's not even funny how much Mario Maker is 1rst.
So yeah SMM for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom