• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would the talk be if we didn’t know ANY next-gen console specs - we just had to go by the games we actually see with our own eyes?

killatopak

If you showed me Goodbye Volcano High and Horizon 2 back to back and told me which console it was from, I wouldn’t even know how to answer you.

E3 2005 was pretty wild with Sony showcasing Motorstorm, Killzone 2 and Gundam Crossfire, that combined with Sony’s tactics on focusing on what they have over the competition, made 360 look like a joke, but time will always prove which hardware is more capable. Ryse: Son of Rome looked better than any PS4 launch title, but without analysis, we wouldn’t have pixel counters revealing the true 900p resolution and without specs, we would assume Xbox One was more powerful.

I’m sorry but I couldn’t take this seriously. Yes Ryse looked great for the time but it was chock full of bugs and glitches. Nobody wanted to touch it because every showing of it had hilarious bugs. People didn’t even had the attention to look at the graphics because frankly it had other problems that needed to be looked into. Ryse effectively ruined Crytek’s reputation from that point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom