• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin': Best Seats in the House Edition

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Xj3Ud.jpg

Goddamn this game is awesome. Anyone with a 3DS should get it. I definitely needed this after Mass Effect 3's disappointing ending. Every single aspect (except the controls) is nearly perfect. Luckily I adjusted to the controls quickly, but I can see it being a hurdle for some people, especially lefties. I've already beaten the story mode, but I'm just getting warmed up. Now I've got the challenges and multiplayer to keep me busy for many, many hours. I won't say for sure that it will be my GOTY 2012, but it's certainly leading the pack with a strong lead for now.

kunonabi

Arc Rise Fantasia - 40 hours in and I'm not even halfway through apparently
Fatal Frame 4 - played the first two chapters already. Probably the best horror game this gen if nothing drastic changes.

SH1,2,3 - Original copies on a big crt with S-video. No hack job collection for me.

Apenheul

Xj3Ud.jpg

Goddamn this game is awesome. Anyone with a 3DS should get it. I definitely needed this after Mass Effect 3's disappointing ending. Every single aspect (except the controls) is nearly perfect. Luckily I adjusted to the controls quickly, but I can see it being a hurdle for some people, especially lefties. I've already beaten the story mode, but I'm just getting warmed up. Now I've got the challenges and multiplayer to keep me busy for many, many hours. I won't say for sure that it will be my GOTY 2012, but it's certainly leading the pack with a strong lead for now.

You know, I haven't been following the game since I wasn't interested but damn if this situation doesn't remind me of Sin & Punishment 2. That game got around the same review scores and quickly became a neogaf favorite. I might buy it some time..

Shaffield

radianthistoriaimage.jpg

playin through Radiant Historia, got my copy from the March reprint in last week.
totally enjoying it, definitely scratches the SNES-era RPG itch.

seriously gettin my hype on for Xenoblade next weekend!

Steel_Diver_cover.jpg

Liking it more now that I'm trying to get the gold medals. I got them for all the normal missions & time trials, but I'm pretty stumped on missions 4 & 5 on Expert so I haven't been motivated to play the last few days.

Pushmo - I only had the last Bonus Pushmo to beat for weeks, and I finally did it today! Still have some downloaded pushmos, but I'm pretty burnt out of the game at this point.
Mario's Picross (Virtual Console) - finished all puzzles. Was highly addicted.
Mario Kart 7 - some online.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Mass Effect 3 - Basically all I've been playing since I got it on Monday. Only 10 hours in since I've been busy, but I really like it so far.

otakuderek

QSnKS.jpg

Warriors Orochi 3 (360) - Guilty pleasure. Zhou Tai, Ma Chao, and Yukimura Sanada teammates for life!

JXuOR.png

Mass Effect 3 (360) - James is my brah!

Xj3Ud.jpg

Goddamn this game is awesome. Anyone with a 3DS should get it.
Agreed. Kid Icarus Uprising is really good; I'm even taking it really slowly because I don't want the Single Player to end... it's my favorite 3DS game so far and my main game right now. Everyone should try it, at least!

I'm also playing:
images

Dillon's Rolling Western. Pretty good 3DSWare game I got recently. Sadly, KIU has all my attention right now, but I'll finish it soon and resume my nice, full experience with this title(Right now I'm playing in small bursts). I was worried I would not get my money's worth(Sakura Samurai...) but I'm satisfied with what I've played so far and I'm right at the middle of the game.

images

Red Dead Redemption. Standard, PS3 edition. I'm really liking this game. It's amazing, a great experience definitely. Right now I'm at
the triumphant return to Marston's farm with Abigail and John, I'm almost finished
. Sadly(not the game's fault),
I already know that there's a sad plot twist where Marston dies, IIRC? I wasn't planning on getting a HD console, so a friend spoiled the ending for me. I regret listenting to him... but I still don't know HOW that happens

images

Outland. PSN edition. Wasn't expecting it to be that good. It has this mysterious, suspenseful feeling about it that makes me keep coming back for more amazing gameplay. The atmosphere is amazing, and the boss fights are great. I'm really liking it, glad I picked it up.

Brakara

Gears of War 3 - Digging the new Forces of Nature maps. 5 maps and not a single dud. Well done, Epic.
Skyrim - Has a hate/love relationship with this game as some of the stuff is just boring as hell. Trying to continue with the main quest to see if things pick up.
New Star Soccer - The latest update fixed every issue I had with the game, so I'm sucked right back in.

bjaelke

Playing some DC Universe Online (PS3) and finding it to be quite entertaining. I'm only at level 9 so far, but it has been a positive experience up until now. Hopefully it'll continue and maybe even change my mind about mmo's on consoles.

Baconbitz

Banned
SrsLe.jpg

This is my first "deep" experience into a monster hunter game. Though, I have only been doing training it's the most I've put into an mh game. Might go back into Monster Hunter: Tri.

Apenheul

SrsLe.jpg

This is my first "deep" experience into a monster hunter game. Though, I have only been doing training it's the most I've put into an mh game. Might go back into Monster Hunter: Tri.

I've done the same three weeks ago, went back to Monster Hunter Tri and was surprised that its player base is still so active. The only drawback is that I've done pretty much everything there is to do in that game and I've already acquired the best of weapons and armors. I need 3G :(

DryvBy

Silent Hill: Downpour
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny

But mainly...
Disgaea 4... lots and lots of this. I actually can't put this game down.

Xena

Hopefully I'll be finishing Tales of Graces f this weekend and then continue with Kingdoms of Amalur, which I had to stop playing because of ME3 and Tales...

PinballFX2_cover.png

200 hours of gameplay so far. Next week brings Pinball Arcade to XBLA. With two pinball games to play - I may disappear forever.

51XUhWO13tL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Another amazing DS game.

612BHs15YsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It may be very similar every time.. but what a winning formula.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Occasionally doing Warriors Orochi 3 playthroughs while I wait for Xenoblade to come out and ruin my grades.

Cookie18

Making my third attempt at Final Fantasy XIII. I think I'm back with it for good now that I've persevered through the boring part and the XIII-2 CE arrived today so now I have to finish XIII.

On PC: Saints Row The Third. I'm trying to get all the Steam achievements, only a few challenges left. Also, Battlefield 3 MP.
On PS3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: a few days ago I've finished MGS2 (10th time between PS2, PS3 and PC, iirc), I think I'll get back to Snake Eater in a few days.
On PSP: MGS Peace Walker: I'm using the transfarring thing to play it whenever I can. Still on the first set of missions, though.

Apdiddy

Finished up Just Cause 2 this morning -- spent about 20+ hours on it (didn't do the challenges, just the faction missions and main story missions) and overall a great game. Hated the last boss battle though -- way too ridiculous even for this game.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Xbox 360) - Planning on getting this Sunday and hopefully get started.

Kid Icarus: Uprising - I too will be playing this -- I like the controls and using the stand helps a LOT. I will probably try to play SM3DLand with the stand...it makes the games so much easier to play (no hand-cramps!)

As always hoping to do more on Skyrim.

Netto-kun

OoT_3D_April19_03.png

And replaying Kid Icarus: Uprising on higher intensity + multiplayer runs whenever I feel like doing that. Game is so addicting. :eek:

Vert boil

Started the week finishing off Nier after playing through half of it in February. I stopped playing it as I was drawn into the tedious side quests and any joy was stripped from the game.
Completed all four ending and the DLC. It's a fantastic game and it's worth playing through at least Ending A and B if you enjoyed it. The DLC is a waste of money.

Then I finally finished playing through Crysis 2 today. I've been very slowly chipping away at it over six months as I couldn't bare to play the lifeless piece of shit for more than an hour at a time. If I hadn't been given a free code for it I wouldn't have played more than thirty minutes of it.

The month as a whole was pretty crazy. Had a little experiment of completing a game a day (mostly half finished XBLA games and telltale episodes). Fun for the first seven days then it became a chore for the next three days. After that it became the norm to finish something but I stopped at twenty days as I wanted a more meaty experience (and I would of had to start spending money).

suikodan

ps-vita-uncharted-golden-abyss-boxart-official.jpg

Finished it yesterday. I said wow.

Uncharted-3-cover.jpg

Since I finished U:GA, I wanted to continue my Uncharted craving so I borrowed it from a friend.

date-sortie-eu-mgs3d.jpg

Aside some technical hiccups, I can say that the new controls for this game make a new experience. I wished that the Vita's MGS Collection's MGS3 would be reworked like this. Gunfights are much more exciting.

images

Also playing this on PC and crying about the inferior KBM controls. :(

D3RANG3D

ps-vita-uncharted-golden-abyss-boxart-official.jpg

Finished it yesterday. I said wow.

Uncharted-3-cover.jpg

Since I finished U:GA, I wanted to continue my Uncharted craving so I borrowed it from a friend.

date-sortie-eu-mgs3d.jpg

Aside some technical hiccups, I can say that the new controls for this game make a new experience. I wished that the Vita's MGS Collection's MGS3 would be reworked like this. Gunfights are much more exciting.

images

Also playing this on PC and crying about the inferior KBM controls. :(

I have good news friend

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465855&highlight=mass+effect+3+console+port

Devil May Cry HD Collection - Currently playing DMC1, never really played through all the games (also picked up 4), but really enjoyed Bayonetta and Vanquish, so I figured I should check out what the most badass and stylish half-demon was up to.

Resident Evil 4 HD - Got all the bottle caps and I'm on the island now. Kind of a slog to finish (I've beat it a few times before)

Baten Kaitos - I finally got further in this game than the first two islands and it's really starting to grow on me. Card combos are fun, though the VA is shit. Game still looks AMAZING.

Yuterald

Decided to give my Nagoshi-game love a small break. Put Dead Souls and Binary off to the side so I can focus more on these:

988055_245433.jpg
604158_198082.jpg
997768_171935.jpg

The Last Story: Still at the same spot I was last, but I'm about to boot it back up today and get back into it before my import Pandora's Tower arrives in the mail and I obsess over that game. Was 20 hours in, Chapter 25-ish, though.

Tales of Graces F[atigue]: 43 hours in, still playing on Chaos, just reached Chapter 5. Battle system is still fun and title/skill collecting/learning is still addicting. But the story is so unbelievably uneventful that I am becoming a bit tired of it.

Kid Icarus Uprising: Only went as far as Chapter 3, but I've been messing around replaying stages on various intensities, fusing weapons, trying to wrap my head around the controls, etc. Haven't played it too much to be perfectly honest. I want to get into it more, but other things have been distracting me.

Just last night I had an EMERGENCY flight change and detoured myself into a little game called this!

gfs_56358_1_1_mid.jpg

I was hanging out with a buddy of mine and my bro last night and the Quintet trilogy got brought up. I never played Terranigma before and our friend said that one of us had to play it, like almost immediately, lol! I've only played Illusion of Gaia back in the day so I figured I'll check it out first. HOLY SHIT is it amazing! Played it for 5 hours straight last night. Cannot wait to see where this game is going! Just finished the lion cub canyon dungeon and heading east to a snowy region where human souls lay dormant below the surface. O_O So cool.

TxdoHawk

Partial fracture in my left arm put a damper on my gaming for awhile, now I am easing myself back in. For now...

Phone:
pinarc.jpg

Pinball Arcade, on my Galaxy Nexus. Haven't bought the full version, waiting for the XBLA version to drop this Wednesday so I can pick that up instead. I hate how far up they put the touch controls for tilt and I want big, easy-to-see graphics, so it seems like the obvious choice.

Xbox: Absolutely nothing at the moment. That will change soon though...I need to download the demo for the new Tiger Woods, next week is the aforementioned XBLA launch of Pinball Arcade, and the week after that is Fez.

PS3: I bought Journey, played it for ten minutes, and...it didn't quite hook me like it seems to have hooked everyone else. Put it down for now and will try coming back to it with an open mind later.

PC: Nada. Keeping my left hand on the keyboard is a little more strain than I want to put on said arm right now.

Wii: Nothing at the moment. Eventually want to get back to Super Mario Galaxy 2.

JTu70.jpg

Only just scratched the surface of this but I've liked what I played so far. The atmosphere seems to be there.

fBX8n.jpg

Up to 6 courses now, and I love the actual gameplay, but really missing a campaign to involve myself with. This is literally my "pick-up-and-play when I have 5 minutes to kill" game.

Lw9tN.jpg

Much meatier experience than the game I just spoke about, but also a much more frustrating affair. I'm sorry to say I actually rage quit this game.

Hqerx.jpg

I haven't played this since all the updates hit, and wow what a pleasant surprise. GT5 is still the king of handling, Everything just feels perfect, and now some of the interface problems have been addressed, I see myself sinking some serious time into this again.

Amagon

I'm about +40 hours in Mass Effect 2 and I think I'm almost done beating it. Started playing the Mass Effect series for the first time since ME3 came out and steam rolled the first Mass Effect in 30 hours. As soon as I'm done beating ME2, going right to ME3 then after that, no more RPGs for the next couple months. Too time consuming, good reason why I stay away from that genre but the ME series is ok in my book. I can't believe people jizz all over the series, storyline is cliche' but gameplay is alright. Though, not a fan of the Xbox controller playing this game.

strem

Still trying to get in to Mass Effect 3. Not loving it yet. Played some WoW then cancelled my account.

Back to Skyrim I go!

Also checked out the Rayman Origins demo on Steam. Wow that game is really fun. Beautiful as well.

Baroque (Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
Minecraft (PC)
Skyrim (PC)

Hopefully, I'll add Xenoblade to this list next week!

gfs_56358_1_1_mid.jpg

I was hanging out with a buddy of mine and my bro last night and the Quintet trilogy got brought up. I never played Terranigma before and our friend said that one of us had to play it, like almost immediately, lol! I've only played Illusion of Gaia back in the day so I figured I'll check it out first. HOLY SHIT is it amazing! Played it for 5 hours straight last night. Cannot wait to see where this game is going! Just finished the lion cub canyon dungeon and heading east to a snowy region where human souls lay dormant below the surface. O_O So cool.

This game is a masterpiece. I know a few people I'm buying this for if it ever gets a VC release.

Top Bottom