• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatever happened to..NST?

What are they up to? I really enjoyed Wave Race and 1080 on GC. Both games had great environments, althhough they could have benefited with more tracks...here's hoping for a sequel on Revolution.

Meskalinko said:
What are they up to? I really enjoyed Wave Race and 1080 on GC. Both games had great environments, althhough they could have benefited with more tracks...here's hoping for a sequel on Revolution.

They're working on Metroid Hunters right? I hope it's a good game; I'm really interested in it. If it doesn't have at least 8 players online I'll be pissed though (I really want 16, but hey).

Also, N-Sider says that there's a rumor that NST is working on a FPS for the Revolution.

somehow i cant picture MP:H having 8 players online.. 6 maybe.. 4 most realistic.. hell nintendo cant even having spinning shells on peoples karts in mario kart due to "lag" supposedly..

PezRadar said:
somehow i cant picture MP:H having 8 players online.. 6 maybe.. 4 most realistic.. hell nintendo cant even having spinning shells on peoples karts in mario kart due to "lag" supposedly..

You'd think they could work something out, considering Nintendo has the next three months to work on it. This game has been in development for a long time, and I expect 8 or 16 players online. 4 would be a slap in the face and would show no evolution whatsoever of the Wi Fi service. I pray Nintendo gets this right.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Since those games, they've made Mario vs. Donkey Kong and Ridge Racer DS, and they're still working on MP: Hunters.

Oh and I think they did Nintendo Puzzle Collection, but I'm not sure if that came out before 1080 or not.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Portable games don't count.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
To be honest, they could be developing emulator code for the Revolution. They did do the N64 emulators for Nintendo's Zelda discs.

NST is garbage, through and through. Hopefully someone throws shit at them.

Shut up! Waverace Blue Storm was awesome. I played the hell out of that game back in the early GC days. That having been said, they haven't done much well since then. Hell, these guys managed to fuck up TETRIS ATTACK. Maybe it's just me, but the Nintendo Puzzle Collection version is the worst I've played. Oh well, maybe they'll get good someday.

Oogami

Banned
NST is by far the most underrated developer imo. Their first game I played was WaveRace Bluestorm, which was better than WaveRace 64 in every ways. Yeah while it's using the same engine created by EAD and maybe the music wasn't as good, Bluestorm rocks more than the 64 version and my most favorite racing game this gen. The water and wave effects in especially the stormy weather were insane.

Next NST game I played was 1080 Avalanche. I enjoyed it much more than SSX 3. Because 1080 Avalanche is more an actual racing game to me, with much faster speed, better music, and kickass character designs. I enjoy being able to explore different routes in the stages too, unlike SSX 3 which has all those routes that I thought I could go but couldn't, damn invincible walls.

Mario Vs. DK was great too. Can't wait for them to make maybe WaveRace Rev. :)

jarrod

Banned
PezRadar said:
they did ridge racer ds..

uh oh
It actually wasn't that bad for a 3 month project. Definitely could've used some polishing up though, it's rather embarrassing compared to Ridge Racer PSP. Anyway, NST game list...

-Bionic Commando: Elite Forces (GBC) 2000
-Ridge Racer 64 (N64) 2000
-Crystalis (GBC) 2000
-Pokémon Puzzle League (N64) 2000
-Wave Race: Blue Storm (GC) 2001
-Nintendo Puzzle Collection (GC) 2003
-1080°: Avalanche (GC) 2003
-Mario Vs. Donkey Kong (GBA) 2004
-Ridge Racer DS (DS) 2004
-Metroid Prime: Hunters (DS) 2006

akihara

Hell, these guys managed to fuck up TETRIS ATTACK. Maybe it's just me, but the Nintendo Puzzle Collection version is the worst I've played.

NST had nothing to do with Nintendo Puzzle Collection, just for the record.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
jarrod said:
It actually wasn't that bad for a 3 month project. Definitely could've used some polishing up though, it's rather embarrassing compared to Ridge Racer PSP. Anyway, NST game list...

-Mario Vs. Donkey Kong (GBA) 2004

This game is sooooo damn good. I've been playing through it again recently. It got a lot of love when it was released, but still not as much as it deserved :)

Top Bottom