• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's better about Halloween? Candy or (sexy) costumes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
White girl wearing a G is for Gangsta shirt.

Kill me

kv9Y0m.jpg

kswiston

When you are a kid -> Candy

When your teens and twenties (and I guess thirties if you aren't stuck at home changing diapers) -> Slutty costumes

When you are middle aged, and have daughters picking out their own slutty costumes -> Candy

The sexy costumes rarely work, and usually reek of sad desperation. Candy usually does work, and reeks of funky teeth and childhood memories.

CANDY 2012

kevinspaceyaslexluthoiwj4a.jpg

Well, mostly. 95% of the sexy costumes I saw last night were fantastic. The other 5% gave me nightmares... no one should have that much flesh poking out of their police woman costume... it was disturbing.

Pimpbaa

Sexy costumes duh. Plus the costumes are good for other times of the year for roleplaying sex. Definitely a good idea to hang on to that sexy cop outfit ladies.

Volimar

Every year the girls that wear the "sexy" costumes get younger and younger. It made me pretty uncomfortable when I was handing out candy this year... I really don't want to see tweens in slutty witch and vampire costumes.

Every year the girls that wear the "sexy" costumes get younger and younger. It made me pretty uncomfortable when I was handing out candy this year... I really don't want to see tweens in slutty witch and vampire costumes.

That will be our society's future.

The corpse of creepy-GAF is pleased.

akira28

Why do you think they're different people? Why would those people NOT go out for Halloween also? Half the costumes out there are probably gonna be superhero orientated anyway!

Nah, it's just that once you've seen this:
yT5kZm.jpg
PYgbJm.jpg

It's hard to go back to sexy pirates and $40 dollar "sexy" supergirl costumes with the cheap red rubber overshoes to go over your boots, and a cape made from the same plastic material a dollar store table cloth would be.

I'm all for sexy costumes, but not for the cheap commercial quality of it all. One thought is that it makes the idea of dressing up sexy for holloween more normalized, but wouldn't we prefer to have made that decision consciously, instead of being manipulated into it?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
slutstumes are the best part. I was in a store looking for a costume the other day...women have no choice. 98.999999999 percent of their costumes are a slutty/sexxy/whorish version of a regular costume. Sexy Nurse, Slutty doctor, Naughty teacher , etc etc.

LuchaShaq

Banned
When I was 1-11 Candy

12-22 Slutty costumes BY FAR with costumes mocking slutty costumes being a close 2nd and booze third.

Now? Fuck off and get off my lawn with your candy begging or stripping either way.

SolKane

Nah, it's just that once you've seen this:
yT5kZm.jpg
PYgbJm.jpg

It's hard to go back to sexy pirates and $40 dollar "sexy" supergirl costumes with the cheap red rubber overshoes to go over your boots, and a cape made from the same plastic material a dollar store table cloth would be.

I'm all for sexy costumes, but not for the cheap commercial quality of it all. One thought is that it makes the idea of dressing up sexy for holloween more normalized, but wouldn't we prefer to have made that decision consciously, instead of being manipulated into it?

yeah but neither of these women is sexy

akira28

you may think that you can offend me by insulting these beautiful women, but you cannot. Take this kind of chatter to the offensive thread.

bengraven

Halloween atmosphere.

Dead trees, wind blowing pungent decaying leaves around, the smell of apple cider in the air, cool foggy mornings, old abandoned houses, spider webs and creepy organ music...

... Danse Macbre, Night on Bald Mountain, Spooky Scary Skeletons, the Charlie Brown/Garfield/Grinch Halloween specials, The Halloween Tree and Something Wicked This Way Comes...

...and 12 year old girls dressed like slutty Alice In Wonderlands at the local Halloween street dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom