• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's in a hot dog? Sometimes human DNA, this report found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's what makes them taste so good, well then, so be it.

edit - Wait, they have a list of the top 10 brands? I don't care about the top 10, I want to know what the bottom 10 are. Tell me the hot dogs I should be avoiding.

Dennis

Banned
2% of Hot Dogs tested had human DNA and 10% of veggie dogs had meat in them.

Nearly a quarter of then had 'hygienic issues'.

I believe these are american brands.

Report here.

http://www.clearfood.com/food_reports/2015/the_hotdog_report

2% of Hot Dogs tested had human DNA and 10% of veggie dogs had meat in them.

2% of Hot Dogs tested had human DNA

QoQPJ67.gif

Amory

why is everyone always trying to ruin hot dogs for people?

we get it, they're gross, they might contain human, blah blah blah. they taste good just leave it alone

Moff

misleading title?
they are not talking about human meat, but fecal matter, and that is no news at all

Nugg

It's probably just hair, this kind of shit happens with every food, and we're still pretty far from soylent green hot dogs. Human DNA found in 2% of the samples does not mean 2% of your hot dogs are made of people.

It's probably just hair, this kind of shit happens with every food, and we're still pretty far from soylent green hot dogs. Human DNA found in 2% of the samples does not mean 2% of your hot dogs are made of people.

It doesn't not mean that 2% of hot dog are people.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
What? That can't be right.

Your nose works by sensing tiny particles of whatever you smell. If you smell shit, that's because tiny shit particles have floated into your nose.

Now imagine a bathroom after someone has taken a dump. The whole room smells like that, so therefore there are tiny shit particles on everything in the bathroom.

MJPIA

We found evidence of chicken (in 10 samples), beef (in 4 samples), turkey (in 3 samples), and lamb (in 2 samples) in products that were not supposed to contain those ingredients.

Pork is a particularly unwelcome substitution in any food when you consider that significant numbers of people do not eat pork for religious reasons. Clear Food found pork substitution in 3% of the samples we tested.
Human DNA found in 2% of samples

2/3 of the human DNA samples were vegetarian products.
10% of Vegetarian products contained meat.

We found chicken in a vegetarian breakfast sausage and pork in a vegetarian hot dog.
Nutritional Label inaccuracies

Labels of some vegetarian products exaggerated the amount of protein in the item by as much as 2.5 times.
4 of the 21 vegetarian samples we tested had hygienic issues.

Vegetarian items accounted for 67% of the hygienic issues found in the report.
Looks like some vegetarian hotdogs manufacturers are terrible.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Well they also said that 2/3rds of the human DNA they found was in the veggie dogs.

Probably dead skin or hair of some sort... whatever.

We cook food for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom