• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's in a hot dog? Sometimes human DNA, this report found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

misleading title?
they are not talking about human meat, but fecal matter, and that is no news at all

Is it wrong that I almost wish it was human meat? lol. I mean obviously I'm not talking about people being chopped up but I was thinking more like loose skin flakes. Somehow the thought of eating human shit is worse.

daveo42

Banned
125284_o.gif

Griss

Yeah, if you're eating hot dogs at this point you really don't give a shit what's in them. I know I don't. Pig's eyeball, human DNA, faeces... whatever man.

If it doesn't make me sick and tastes good, into my belly it goes.

Also, something funny about vegetarian hot dogs being the ones with human DNA in them. Want to avoid eating animals? Sure, how about eating PEOPLE instead?

EDIT: That page gets mad respect for using the horrific word 'problematic' in a coherent way.

Ganhyun

So, can they sample hotdogs from all the baseball stadiums and find out what is in those?

Also, anyone eating those reddish-pink cheapo hotdogs has to know they have all kinds of shit in them.

Fuchsdh

Perhaps it would be better to compare the amount of human DNA in hotdogs to other foods. As it is, 2% is a meaningless statistic, and it seems pretty easy to have DNA contamination in unprocessed and processed foods in general.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I'm a veggie and I occasionally have a Quorn dog. I'm not too happy about them possibly containing meat.

But I think I should be safe with Quorn. I don't think they produce anything else.
Of corse they still could contain human DNA :(

lawnchair

Banned
human DNA could be anything, right? saliva? somebody sneezed in the hotdog tank? somebody fell in the hotdog tank? somebody was clipping their nails? i wish there was more specificity

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Why are 2/3 of the hot dog's with human dna from vegetarian hot dogs?

The hippies aren't following proper hygeine guidelines?

Alexlf

Human DNA isn't surprising at all. I bet it's just skin cells or minute amounts of hair. People handle the food all the way down the production chain so it's almost expected.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
American brand hotdogs

We put the 'Frank' in Frankfurter

Very good.

Why are 2/3 of the hot dog's with human dna from vegetarian hot dogs?

The hippies aren't following proper hygeine guidelines?

I've no idea. It's quite depressing.

But going by the report. It seems there are good suppliers of meat and veggie hot dogs to be had.

Hard J

Banned
A microscopic drop of saliva on your $30 steak will contain human DNA. It doesn't matter what type of food you're eating, there's a chance someone else's genetic code is in your meal. Who gives a shit? You're not eating a person's flesh.

This reminds me of that bullshit where people want to put labels on all food that contains DNA. You can imagine someone seeing a fresh cut of pork with a big sticker on it saying, "Warning: Contains DNA". Soccer moms accross the world gasp in unison upon this shocking discovery.

It's like, what the fuck do you expect? Do people not realize that literally all living species on the planet have DNA? Why is this all of a sudden becoming a four letter word? How the hell do people think species reproduce?

I just imagine these people being the same folks who watch Neil Degrasse Tyson documentaries and then post memes about how much they love science on Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom