• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's likley to wipe out the human life in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaC

I have found these factors/forces to be powerful enough to end intelligent life on earth.

The human factor:

A nuclear war

A massive biological weapon war (super disease)

A new kind of virus/disease without a cure. Not meant as a biological war (like the the black death 800 years ago)

The slump:

A giant Astroid

A blackhole Scientist has recently found evidence of many more blackholes in our universe than we first imagined. (There are millions of them) There is a super powerful blackhole in the center of our galaxy. If a blackhole suddenly entered our solarsystem we wouldn't stand a chance. Our earth would start to tear apart at the moment the blackhole starts to feed on Jupiter.

A hostile Alien civilization that finds earth

The death of our sun

The Inevitable. Our sun will start to die 5 billion years from now, and it will grow until it engulf the earth with it's flames. But if the human race survives that long I am sure we have moved ourself to another place in space.

aoi tsuki

Americans.

Ecrofirt said:
you forgot machines turning against us
As long as the machines provide me with an idyllic world where Sega, Nintendo, and Sony provide me with consoles, virgins feed me peeled grapes, and some third thing i can't think of, i could care less if they're really raping my body.

Ecrofirt

aoi tsuki said:
Americans.

As long as the machines provide me with an idyllic world where Sega, Nintendo, and Sony provide me with consoles, virgins feed me peeled grapes, and some third thing i can't think of, i could care less if they're really raping my body.

Well, I'm glad you could care less. What exactly would cause you to case less, though?

olimario

Banned
Confident%20boylarge.jpg

"Bush! Americans! uhhh hahahhahau hhuh"

-__-

SantaC

oh yeah I forgot the The Console Wars. :lol

Errr....I didn't think that black holes could move?

More like if a blackhole was created and started to feed on planets and suns nearby us, it could enter our solarsystem. The chance is not big of course.

aoi tsuki

Ecrofirt said:
Well, I'm glad you could care less. What exactly would cause you to case less, though?
Temporary apathy i'm guessing. But who's to say it's not happening now, and we're getting shortchanged on the representation of "the real world" as in the Matrix?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Humans will never die, we'll adapt and survive.

However I think humans as we know ourselves today will not exist forever. As we adapt, we evolve and given a few million years we may be very different to what we are today. So what I’m trying to say is our lineage will never die, but humans as we know them now won’t exist eventually.

border

SantaCruZer said:
More like if a blackhole was created and started to feed on planets and suns nearby us, it could enter our solarsystem. The chance is not big of course.
The nearest star is like 4 light years away. I wouldn't think there's any chance at all.

SantaC

border said:
The nearest star is like 4 light years away. I wouldn't think there's any chance at all.

funny because the documentary about blackholes I saw last week said othervise.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, for various reasons, border's note being one of them, the blackhole thing is probably the least likely, barring the possibility that no other life exists in the universe (which is equally slim IMO).

"Bush! Americans! uhhh hahahhahau hhuh"

-__-

Meh, its as cogent a suggestion as rapture/armageddon, but that is not directed at anyone in particular.

SantaC

scola said:
yeah, for various reasons, border's note being one of them, the blackhole thing is probably the least likely, barring the possibility that no other life exists in the universe (which is equally slim IMO).

They are very slim chances indeed, but nevertheless factors (for a distant future). Out of the slump, an astroid is definitley the biggest threat.

Triumph

Banned
Matlock said:
WORD.

I've long maintained that anime is a plot by space aliens to turn us into a bunch of sissies and manginas so there will be no resistance when they land and attack.

ElyrionX

aoi tsuki said:
Temporary apathy i'm guessing. But who's to say it's not happening now, and we're getting shortchanged on the representation of "the real world" as in the Matrix?

:lol

I don't think you "get" what Ecrofirt was saying to you.

I believe he was mocking you on your use of the phrase: "I could care less",

It should be "I couldn't care less".

Raoul Duke said:
WORD.

I've long maintained that anime is a plot by space aliens to turn us into a bunch of sissies and manginas so there will be no resistance when they land and attack.

Plus, anime makes us use to the tentacles that will come with our new masters from beyond the moon.

Polution. We basicly shit where we eat. Some day the food/air/water will be so bad that our bodies will be weak and much more open for diseases. Future generations will look back at our generation and think of us as idiots for destroying the environment.

aoi tsuki

ElyrionX said:
:lol

I don't think you "get" what Ecrofirt was saying to you.

I believe he was mocking you on your use of the phrase: "I could care less",

It should be "I couldn't care less".
Sorry, i'm hungover, just made breakfast and lunch, and now i've gotta call a cab (brake failure), take a shower, and hope they get her in time so i can get towork. Grammatical errors? i coood car les. :p

alejob

I'm still not convinced that black holes exist. :D
They suck stuff in and the what? It disapears? Lies! I tell you :)

ToxicAdam

Scrow said:
Humans will never die, we'll adapt and survive.

However I think humans as we know ourselves today will not exist forever. As we adapt, we evolve and given a few million years we may be very different to what we are today. So what I’m trying to say is our lineage will never die, but humans as we know them now won’t exist eventually.

If we can continue to exist for centuries, our advanced technology will make evolution unnecessary.

The idea behind evolution is to help species adapt to climate changes, if we can control the climate (or use tools to survive in harsher climates) ... there will be no reason to evolve.

Dilbert

SantaCruZer said:
funny because the documentary about blackholes I saw last week said othervise.
Source?

Every single theory of black hole formation I've heard of is totally inconsistent with a black hole forming in our solar system, just, like, you know, because.

Boogie

:lol @ being concerned about a black hole sucking up the earth. Take an Astronomy 100 course at university before you go spouting off about the great dangers of black holes like you're an "expert" on a Fox special. :p

Brannon

We could already end the world right now. You see we built this particle accelerator and if it ever activates it will destroy the wor.... what's that? It's already been built? And nothing happened? At all?

Crikey.

I also vote for zombie butterflies.

White Man

http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm

There's enough out there to keep my fellow paranoids in a near-perpetual state of anxiety.

You've just got to take that anxiety and use it as a mechanism to rationalize your bloody mary quaffing. Secret of life, right there, folks. I discovered this little secret while watching episodes of Unsolved Mysteries that featured aliens. Yep, back when I was like 7.

The end of humanity...

Scientific data prove that earth will be destroyed in the year 2198 when space ninjas from the Planet BHJUYV invade. They will look like ordinary ninjas except with more sex appeal. Thats what will get us. We will be so swept up with their totally awesome bodies that we will neglect that fact that they are killing us by the millions. Of course wizards and
Yu-Gi-Oh dorks will help defend us, being the only ones immune to their sexiness. But in the end, they will fail. And the space ninjas will take over, evolve into dinosaurs, and the circle of life will go on. There you have it. Space Ninjas.

...that or the asteroid idea.

SantaC

-jinx- said:
Source?

Every single theory of black hole formation I've heard of is totally inconsistent with a black hole forming in our solar system, just, like, you know, because.

BBC Space series. I think it's 6 episodes, and episode 3 was about blackholes. Very interesting indeed.

CoryCubed

A generation in the near future. You all know how bad kids and teenagers are getting now. All people care about is sex and personal enjoyment. They don't care about the environment or anything. Otherwise you wouldn't see people driving these big ass hummers and whatnot. People kill people over the slightest thing aka you looked at me I'm gonna f' you up biotch.

Its only a matter of time before our whole foundation falls out from under us.

border

That Site that White Man Posted said:
Luckily, Black Holes don't really like to travel around much. Usually, they just sit at the exact spot where the star involved died, like a lizard patiently waiting for a prey to pass by. But occasionally, a Black Hole may decide to go out for a stroll. It may for instance be propelled into deep space by another Black Hole. So far so good -- unless the rogue Black Hole one day comes by, and has humanity for breakfast.
Is this really possible? I never really thought about what would happen if one black hole got too close to another black hole. Why would one propel the other into deep space? Wouldn't they maybe orbit around each other or the larger one would swallow the smaller one?

The more obvious problem is that if black holes are stationary, how would they get close to each other in the first place?

ManaByte

Gold Member
Powdered Toastman said:
Supervolcanoes, like the one under north america.

The one under Yellowstone will only kill some of the midwest and coat 80% of the US in ash. It won't wipe out everyone.

Still, when that thing blows it'll be BAD.

Chipopo

Banned
CoryCubed said:
A generation in the near future. You all know how bad kids and teenagers are getting now. All people care about is sex and personal enjoyment. They don't care about the environment or anything. Otherwise you wouldn't see people driving these big ass hummers and whatnot. People kill people over the slightest thing aka you looked at me I'm gonna f' you up biotch.

Its only a matter of time before our whole foundation falls out from under us.

How old are you?

White Man

border said:
Is this really possible? I never really thought about what would happen if one black hole got too close to another black hole. Why would one propel the other into deep space? Wouldn't they maybe orbit around each other or the larger one would swallow the smaller one?

The more obvious problem is that if black holes are stationary, how would they get close to each other in the first place?

I can't vouch for the site. I just use it as an excuse to buy the pricier vodkas and real orange juice (rather than Tang). Paranoia doesn't need much of a base in reality. Maybe I'll start a cult someday, based on fear-mongering and drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom