• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's on your Keychain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olimario

Banned
I'm taking a Weight Training class at school to get my Phys Ed credit out of the way and in the foyer of the weight room there is a key rack. It's more interesting than you might think to see what people have on their keychains. Some are predictable like the ugly-faced, big tittied lesbian girl who has a 'HOTTT STUFF' keychain, but some throw me off like the overweight hispanic with a powerpuff girls one.

Post whats on your keychain.
Here's mine.

keychain3gv.jpg

Let's see, a lot of stuff has just recently broken off so... :(

Graduating Year keychain.
My Nickname made out of wood.
A small mini-dildo-ish keychain I made in Tech Ed. 7 years ago
a plastic twisted keychain that has "Peace" engraved in it that my sister made 12 years ago.
Lawnmower Key
Car key
house key
One unidentified key
2 New orleans key chains that spin inside a little loop
a Microsoft belt loop clip
a little tiny digital organizer

blue_cat

I can't take a picture because I am at work, but:

FFX-2 Rikku
Plastic Duck floating in blue liquid
Aries metal symbol thing
Silver and Red heart

as well as assorted home, car and work keys.

Thinking about it, I really need to get some of that crap off my keyring..

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
My compute case has a lock on it so that no one can open up the case and steal the good stuff within. Well, I had the key to it on my keychain, but the key was made of such cheap metal that it broke off and is now lost.

Basically, I won't be able to get the weed out of my computer for a while.

Ecrofirt said:
your college makes you take a phys ed.? Wow, I've never actually heard of that.

Might be a Texas thing. All colleges and universities have courses for PE(Golf, Bowling, Tennis, etc...) that need to be taken.

8bit

Knows the Score
Lots of keys.
A 20 year old "wake me for the weekend" keyfob.
A small torch.
256Mb USB thingy.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Blue led keychain light
LEGO Darth vader keychain

fallout

*checks pocket*

Apartment key.
Apartment building key.
Mail key.
Bike lock key.
A lanyard attached to the ring of keys, hooked to my jeans.

Although, I do carry a swiss army knife around with me. Heh, I accidently took it on the plane with me when I went home for Christmas. The metal detector never picked it up and I completely forgot that it was in my pocket since I keep my change and keys in another pocket. I just unloaded that one and walked through the detector. I didn't even notice that I had it till I sat down in the plane.

Now that I think about it, I'd probably have more keys, but I have a door access card which I carry around in my wallet. It lets me into a couple labs and a couple buildings at the university.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Yeah, I had to take two PE courses to get my Associates. My pastey ass took fitness walking and weight training.

Anyways, some people seem to enjoy having 30 pounds of shit on their keychains. I have friends and coworkers that have these things that like clip on to their belt loops and have about two dozen keys on them. Makes them look like janitors. Me, I keep it simple.

tedtropy_keys.jpg

Got my house key, the key to my car, the keyless entry for my car, and my 64MB USB flash drive, which can come in mighty handy. We use a keycard system at work, which is both convienent, and allows me to pretend I'm the DOOM marine after everyone's left the building. :D

Jim Bowie

My dorm key.
Some sort of red fish. I got it when I moved in.
A Kuroneko-sama (Trigun) PVC thingy.
A thing that says "Pubs '04".
Another keyring with nothing on it.

impirius

USB drive
Car key
House key
Room key
Key to game kiosk at GameRush
Forlorn-looking Tamagotchi from McDonalds
and of course
322026b.jpg

Gorey

Mine is notable in that I only have one key that's personal- my apartment key- and four more that are all common work keys.

As a full time building maintenance guy, I also have a huge wad of keys on several rings I carry around in my courier bag. Stopped wearing the damn thing at work when it started tearing my belt loops off. I'm too lazy to use metal keyloops.

totoro'd

-Lots of keys (apt. key, deadbolt key, my car key, my fiancee's truck key, parent's house key, key to my parent's car, keys to my last apt - the complex got trashed by a tornado, and 3 yet unidentified keys that i'm currently straining my brain to figure out what they're for)
-2 little discount cards for grocery stores (Krogers and Food Lion)
-a mini flashlight that my mother got me for security that literally shines about 2 inches in front of it

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
fallout said:
Although, I do carry a swiss army knife around with me. Heh, I accidently took it on the plane with me when I went home for Christmas. The metal detector never picked it up and I completely forgot that it was in my pocket since I keep my change and keys in another pocket. I just unloaded that one and walked through the detector. I didn't even notice that I had it till I sat down in the plane.
At Thanksgiving, I walked through an airport metal detector with SIX keys on a metal carabiner hanging from my belt loop and it didn't go off.

I use a carabiner from my belt loop, and on that I have:
Apartment key
Mailbox key
Laundry/weightroom/bikeroom key
Home key
Car keys (2)

Dilbert

What an interesting question!

Keyless entry keyfob and master key for 2003 Nissan Altima 3.5SE
Office key
Apartment key
Parents' house key
Mail key
Scan token for L.A. Fitness (gym)

I will be adding a padlock key for my file cabinet at work soon, but otherwise, I try to keep the amount of keys as small as possible. The key to the laundry room and the keys to my firesafe boxes are kept in a separate location.

For what it's worth, the community colleges in CA also have a PE requirement. I took the circuit training class -- it was actually a lot of fun.

tedtropy

duderon said:
LEATHERMAN BITCHES!

Leathermans are great, but a little bulky, and as useful as the idea of walking around looking like I have a constant erection may seem, it is in fact kind of a negative...

fallout

Hm ... since everyone is listing what kind of car they have, rather than just "car key", I feel the need to revise my original post.

Me said:
3 Bedroom, 11th floor apartment key.
Apartment building key. It has a pool.
Mail key. It's uh ... silver.
Giant Iguana SE mountain bike that I feel really weird cycling around the city with lock key.
A free lanyard that I got from my university attached to the ring of keys, hooked to my jeans.
Fixed.

Tarazet

LakeEarth said:
Apparently you live in your car since you have no way of getting into a house (except garage door, but then the day it won't open you're fucked)

I have a garage door opener, yes. And if the power goes out, there's almost always somebody home to unlock the door.

Ironclad

LakeEarth said:
Apparently you live in your car since you have no way of getting into a house (except garage door, but then the day it won't open you're fucked)
Actually, I don't keep my house keys on my keychain either. I leave them in my car aside my garage door opener.

tedtropy

fallout said:
Hm ... since everyone is listing what kind of car they have, rather than just "car key", I feel the need to revise my original post.

Fixed.

My car keys belong to a 2002 Mazda Protege ES 2.0L 130HP with the UltraMegaTron turbo cannon enhancement package...also undercoating...and some subs.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Contents -
Car Key
Car Trunk Key
House Key
House Key to friend's house who no longer lives there (too lazy to take off)
FedEx employee swipe card

Decoration -
PS2 Memory Card

belgurdo

Banned
Currently:

House key
Bike Lock key
Marsh fresh idea coupon card
Osco savings card
bottle opener from school
fingernail clippers (I'm trying to curb a nasty nail biting habit)
three key loops

I used to have a little Zell figurine on my keys because he's my favorite FF character, but the little chain on his broke and I had to put him on the shelf ;_;

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
02 Sentra Key
House Key
Same Swiss Army Knife as Oli
a Jumpdrive
the "trunk/door/alarm" thing for my car
3 keys from Work.

aoi tsuki

car key
apartment key
PO box key
storage unit keys
supermarket discount key
miscellaneous keys i have no idea what they're for

i've got a feeling one of the keys is from the old house i used to live in. i really want to stop and ask them if i could see if one of those keys still fits, but i'm sure it would be awkward. Think i'll do it anyways, seeing as how i want to get rid of as many keys as necessary.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Two sets of keys, in my pockets at all times

Set 1: (The Everywhere set)
2004 TSX Acura Key + Remote Entry
Houston House Key
Austin Condo Key

Set 2: (The Austin Only Set)
Broken LED flashlight thing
Work Key
ACM Office Key
Mailbox Key
Austin Condo Key

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
tedtropy said:
Leathermans are great, but a little bulky, and as useful as the idea of walking around looking like I have a constant erection may seem, it is in fact kind of a negative...

The micra isn't bulky at all, i don't have a camera, but its like 2.5"x0.75"x0.5". Pretty much perfect for a pocket.

LusDekkar

1 Kagome figurine
1 2001 Rav4 Key
1 House key
1 Window Key
1 Key for a totaled van (which reminds me i should take it off... later)
1 key that's been half snapped off (i'll take it off later)
4 keys for several random rooms at Uni (which reminds me i should give them back to the uni to get my deposit back.....)

So inconclusion my key ring should be alot smaller and less bulky than it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom