• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the BEST game character design in your opinion? (pictures included)

Rapstah

6r7wE1m.jpg

too bad he kind of goes out like a chump. : (

On that note:

1259204-dsionkorriban.jpg

Darth Sion. Everything this character does in KOTOR 2 is awesome. Every single reveal of who and what he is is awesome. He's great.

tcrunch

I don't much like this guy's official character artwork but he looked great in-game. WW Ganondorf is in a different place mentally from his other iterations and it really shows. Pretty much the only WW design I liked besides Tetra.

lPwErCo.png

iwZBUtl.jpg

BaU0jel.jpg

Shout-out for his pet bird too:
UXScYvk.jpg

Ultimadrago

Wind Waker Link

8372.link_and_the_win8qbj3.jpg

Easily recognizable among his fellow "Link"s with popping primaries dominating the main palette (and keeping with the traditional attire) while having complementary secondary colors. One of the best. The Best.

Despite the controverse, I like pretty much everyhting from Vanillaware, the art style is superb for me:

t_dragoncrown_sorceress_trailer_1280x720_3500_h32.jpg

Dragons-Crown5.jpg

2013-08-07-012345.jpg

dragons-crown-sorcerer-fighter-and-dwarf1.jpg

odin-sphere_valkyrie_320d.jpg

tumblr_lxph84Ui2E1r2c5cto1_500.gif

Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII:

ff-13-3-lightning-returns-review-1.jpg

Setsuka from Soul Calibur IV:

750px-Soul-Calibur-Broken-Destiny-Setsuka-Wallpaper.jpg

soul_calibur_cinema_project___setsuka__sharp_focus_by_skytoast-d71d00w.jpg

From Persona 3:

Aigis:

yMTvpP8.png

Mitsuru:

3032501-mitsuru_kirijo_render.png

Yukari:

2501254-7768701451-Yukar.png

From Danganronpa, I really adore Hina and Sayaka, they are too cute:

tumblr_static_lblt259g3lwg0o0wo0k0gwg4.png
tumblr_inline_mson8kCKEI1qiw26m.png

tumblr_inline_mlkxqprCzl1qz4rgp.png
5(92).png

reddish

Neo Member
Just about anything from the Halo series sans Cortana. The Chief is iconic in a sea of generic space marines -- but the alien designs of the elites, grunts, jackals, and hunters really are some of the most memorable out there in games or film for that matter.

bootski

my favorite maybe of all time

from the old school days
street-fighter-2-ryu-hadouken-3.jpg

to the new
8_89_new_2.jpg

the design is so simple but is so badass at the same time.

Despite the controverse, I like pretty much everyhting from Vanillaware, the art style is superb for me

From Danganronpa, I really adore Hina and Sayaka, they are too cute

Yes, Vanillaware is amazing.

As for Danganronpa, I never really liked Sayaka's design. Her hair looks like fettuccine. I much prefer Kyoko's design:

5(113).png

Dammit, just realized now they both have fettuccine hair. Despair...

Mature

Though we haven't gotten many straight shots of him, a more recent one I've enjoyed is Skull Face from MGS5. He's got a really bad-ass Lone Ranger look, but with a disfigured face:
Skull_Face.png

I feel like I say this every topic where there's pictures involved, but can you please state what bloody character and game you're referencing? Some of us haven't played every game in existence so generally a little bit of text is helpful.

Yes, Vanillaware is amazing.

As for Danganronpa, I never really liked Sayaka's design. Her hair looks like fettuccine. I much prefer Kyoko's design:

5(113).png

Dammit, just realized now they both have fettuccine hair. Despair...

Dammit, now I can't unsee the fettuccine hair. lol

Kyoko is great too! But I just prefer Sayaka's clipped bangs. xD

Sanctuary

I'm glad you started this. I would have, but I'm a junior so I can't. My input:
main.png

I honestly love the design, especially in combination with the Monado. Please don't hate me.

So basically every main protagonist since FF7?

I swear we have this thread every other week... oh well, more excuses to post Raziel :)

Always really liked his design. In an Image comics sort of way at least. I have no idea what my favorite would be, since there's just so many that are great. One that always stuck out (good or bad) to me though was the orignal Dante design. That, along with Vincent and Auron were always some of my favroites. Maybe it's the whole red trench coat look or something.

Mass Effect has some of the coolest character designs

The series is constantly mentioned, but what the hell? It does have some of my all time favorites.

At this point I can't say I see any difference between this and the worst character design thread. There's literally the same Dante and JPRG stuff in both threads.

Scipio

Great thread! Love seeing design like Toon Link, some Persona girls (Chie, female MC and Mitsuru), Assassin's Creed... normally I would post them.

But I'll leave my favourite design from my favourite series; simple, done to death but well executed:
Lyndis.jpg

Top Bottom